Notices

injectors + fpr psi #'s AND some fuel questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors + fpr psi #'s AND some fuel questions

Im getting closer to buying a FPR and Im wondering what makes you run your FPR at certain psi rates?

-Does it have to do with injector sizing and aftermarket fuel rails?

Can you put 880s, FPR, and aftermarket fuel rail on a STOCK motor and tune the FTP to make the injectors run less fuel for a NON-Turbo motor?

The reason I ask is; I would like to put all new parts on my motor. Im going to be putting the motor in my car first w/o the turbo (motor is built for turbo) and then adding the turbo later (2 months max). Id like to put the turbo fuel system on as well just so I dont have to use any OLD parts off my b16/ls that have a **** load of miles.....

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:09 PM

Default Re: injectors + fpr psi #'s AND some fuel questions (jdmjerk)

Not a chance. If you put 880's on your stock na motor it will flood out and never start. You wont be able to do it with a fpr alone. You need some sort of fuel management system for sure to control those injectors.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think your 880's will do to well on a stock N/A motor. I would leave them off till you go turbo. You can put the fpr and rail on. What fuel mgt are you going to use to run those 880's on your stock N/A motor?
Old 06-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if u install the FPR on the stock motor just run the stock poressure 41~44psi

thats a normal pressure needed to mantain a normal flow under any normal load conditions

as far as the injectors... u going to have to swap those.. use the stock ones..
the fuel rail is fine... that just holds more available fuel when u floor it

once u turbo... u can keep the same duty cycle and increase the pressure a lil bit to get a few more cc's of fuel all directly proportional
Old 06-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors + fpr psi #'s AND some fuel questions (USDM 4G VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDM 4G VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u install the FPR on the stock motor just run the stock poressure 41~44psi

thats a normal pressure needed to mantain a normal flow under any normal load conditions

as far as the injectors... u going to have to swap those.. use the stock ones..
the fuel rail is fine... that just holds more available fuel when u floor it

once u turbo... u can keep the same duty cycle and increase the pressure a lil bit to get a few more cc's of fuel all directly proportional</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks guys. I wont even use the injectors. Ill just throw on the stock ones.

Im looking at getting the aeromotive fpr but it only goes up to 70psi....what are the cases that id need more psi for my boosted motor? Ill be running uberdata and i **think** 880s. I also have that cheap datum fuel rail. Everyone says it leaks but I figure Ill give it a shot since its paid for already.

Thanks guys for help/quick response
Old 06-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmjerk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks guys. I wont even use the injectors. Ill just throw on the stock ones.

Im looking at getting the aeromotive fpr but it only goes up to 70psi....what are the cases that id need more psi for my boosted motor? Ill be running uberdata and i **think** 880s. I also have that cheap datum fuel rail. Everyone says it leaks but I figure Ill give it a shot since its paid for already.

Thanks guys for help/quick response</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much boost are you planning on running? I don't know of anyone running 70 psi of fuel pressure with 880's that is nuts.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have seen many N/A cars run even up to 90 psi

but never seen a boosted Honda need more than ~65
Old 06-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injectors + fpr psi #'s AND some fuel questions (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
How much boost are you planning on running? I don't know of anyone running 70 psi of fuel pressure with 880's that is nuts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was just curious....Im going to run 880s (I think its good for 400whp-500whp)and maybe around 10-15psi on stock sleeves......

How do fprs and injectors relate to either other....for example if i run a higher cc injector; do have less psi on the fpr? And the smaller the injector the higher the fpr psi has to be.

Im shoping for an aeromotive one beceause they seem to work better then b&m and AEM from what Ive researched. The aem is ONLY bad because its exploding under hight amounts of PSI. If i dont have to run HIGH *** psi then Ill probably pick an AEM one up.