Notices

injector questions + 91 oct. tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector questions + 91 oct. tune

Cars gonna be a 1992-1995 Honda civic HB (Dont have the car yet) with a obd1 LS swap (I already have a turbo built thread on here)
power range: 240-268whp

Okay, so im not so good at wiring stuff up, thats why i dont wanna get DSM 450's injectors. i was wondering if i was to get RC 550's or 450's would i still have to wire it up? is it plug and play? what injectors can do a plug and play on these obd1 LS?
if theres a adapter clip/harness (such as a plug/play WITHOUT splicing LMK!!)

also, i heard that i was pretty easy so if theres another link to wiring up dsm 450's it be great, maybe this time i can take another good look at it and have faith in myself to do so

and also, idk what gas tuned i wanna go with, 91 oct. or E85? i heard E85 was better but, whats your input?

Engine managment would be: Hondata s200 socketed p28 chipped on crome. yay?

thanks in advance

Last edited by FWD_BEAST; 10-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injector questions + 91 oct. tune

bump
Old 10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You never stated power levels so I can't help you with injector size OR fuel. Just know you will need around 30% larger injectors to run E85 on the same horsepower level.

You can buy adapter harnesses for ANY injectors you want to run aside from maybe Injector Dynamics or the sort. Plug and play is always easier.

Hondata and Crome are two completely different EMS's... pick one.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Icon2 Re: injector questions + 91 oct. tune

Originally Posted by FWD_BEAST
Cars gonna be a 1992-1995 Honda civic HB (Dont have the car yet) with a obd1 LS swap (I already have a turbo built thread on here)

Okay, so im not so good at wiring stuff up, thats why i dont wanna get DSM 450's injectors. i was wondering if i was to get RC 550's or 450's would i still have to wire it up? is it plug and play? what injectors can do a plug and play on these obd1 LS?

also, i heard that i was pretty easy so if theres another link to wiring up dsm 450's it be great, maybe this time i can take another good look at it and have faith in myself to do so

and also, idk what gas tuned i wanna go with, 91 oct. or E85? i heard E85 was better but, whats your input?

Engine managment would be: Hondata s200 socketed p28 chipped on crome. yay?

thanks in advance

Pm me your. Number I know a guy that can show you a good time..

Lol

Okay there's 2 diffrent types of injectors saturated 10-15 ohms
And peak and hold 2-4 ohms. (Dsm 450 blue tops)

Honda ecu's are made to run saturated injectors..
Since 10-15 ohms of resistance is required for the injector driver circuit putting in a peak and hold injector at 4 ohms will allow too much current to pass in the circuit and short out a resistor,transitor, or capacitor.
So adding in a resistor box simply add's resistance to the circuit.
A 4 ohm injector plus a 10 ohm resistor (from resistor box) equals 14 ohms.

Inside of a resitor box is simply a row of resistors. Instead of wiring in a 10w 10ohm resitor to each injector it all branches from one box.

Now how to identify a injector type you say?

Injectors are simply solenoids. As you pass current though a wire it creates a magnetic field. Spool that wire up and the field gets stronger.
The coils in an injector is just copper wire in a spool. In the center of the spool is a piece of metal. As the field switches from positive to negative the metal attracts to the opposite end opening the injector allowing fuel to pass.

Now The more wire in the injector the more resitance it has.

Probe both terminals on an injector and measure the resitance to find out wich type of injector you have.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N3va3vaSatisfi3d
You never stated power levels so I can't help you with injector size OR fuel. Just know you will need around 30% larger injectors to run E85 on the same horsepower level.

You can buy adapter harnesses for ANY injectors you want to run aside from maybe Injector Dynamics or the sort. Plug and play is always easier.

Hondata and Crome are two completely different EMS's... pick one.
Thanks, my HP range i want to get is 240-268 roughly whp.
so your saying that if i go with dynamics injectors, it would be a plug and play?
what kinda clips would i need to get in order for the rc 550 to work on my obd1? i know theres a obd2 to obd1 clip conversion for a rc440, but thats not what my setup is. only if theres a similiar setup like that towards my setup it be GREEAAT.

i go with Crome

Last edited by FWD_BEAST; 10-09-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
Pm me your. Number I know a guy that can show you a good time..

Lol

Okay there's 2 diffrent types of injectors saturated 10-15 ohms
And peak and hold 2-4 ohms. (Dsm 450 blue tops)

Honda ecu's are made to run saturated injectors..
Since 10-15 ohms of resistance is required for the injector driver circuit putting in a peak and hold injector at 4 ohms will allow too much current to pass in the circuit and short out a resistor,transitor, or capacitor.
So adding in a resistor box simply add's resistance to the circuit.
A 4 ohm injector plus a 10 ohm resistor (from resistor box) equals 14 ohms.

Inside of a resitor box is simply a row of resistors. Instead of wiring in a 10w 10ohm resitor to each injector it all branches from one box.

Now how to identify a injector type you say?

Injectors are simply solenoids. As you pass current though a wire it creates a magnetic field. Spool that wire up and the field gets stronger.
The coils in an injector is just copper wire in a spool. In the center of the spool is a piece of metal. As the field switches from positive to negative the metal attracts to the opposite end opening the injector allowing fuel to pass.

Now The more wire in the injector the more resitance it has.

Probe both terminals on an injector and measure the resitance to find out wich type of injector you have.
thanks for the info but, i was just wondering what kinda injectors can i get for the obd1 with just plug and play?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Obviously saturated injectors fool.
Does reading own you???
Old 10-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
Obviously saturated injectors fool.
Does reading own you???
well okay, so what kinda saturated injectors are there and what kinda clip/harness would i need?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Hold on I need to go find my noob spoon.... Be right back... Hold your breath till I get back...