Notices

impressions of a newer Clutchnet clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default impressions of a newer Clutchnet clutch...

I searched and found both good and bad impressions of the Clutchnet stage 3 clutch kit, but most of them were from mid 2002 or so.

I saw a lot of flywheels getting eaten up by the disc, and I'm curious as to see if anybody has used one recently.

They are offering them with the EZ-Lock sprung 6 puck and HD pressure plate for 258 bucks this month and that is right in my price range after my transmission install.

Keep in mind that I had a ClutchMaster Stage 5 unsprung 4 puck on it before the diff blew up, and I'm pretty sure the clutch that never ever slipped in 10 months of solid abuse probably had something to do with my tranny issues.

I'm used to driving a puck clutch, so that's not an issue at all. The CM felt like it was direct drive.

I'd just like to know if anybody has used a Clutchnet of any kind recently, and has the quality of the product changed any?
Old 02-13-2005, 06:33 PM

^
Old 02-13-2005, 07:44 PM

up before bed, surely somebody bought a clutch recently
Old 02-14-2005, 09:57 AM

...please?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (mildly.interesting)

I've purchased the disc about 2 months ago (still using my clutchmasters PP). I like it a lot better that my CM stage I. Pressure plates were the same and the clutch is real smooth now. I like it
Old 02-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a clutchnet 6 puck sprung disc with a ACT pp.

on my car for a year now no problems at all
Old 02-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (booja)

i bought a clutch net pressure plate last year, put it in and the clutch would not disengage for anything, took it to a clutch builder in tampa and found out it was assembled inccorectly something about the diaphragm being rivoted to the "fingers" in the middle fo the clutch.

so i called clutch net and some german dude tells me i need to send it back and they will pressure test it and look at it, and i would have to pay shipping there and back.

so i took it to a clutch builder and they rebuilt it, they also told me the pressure rating was only 100lbs over a stock gsr palte..........and this was a stage 3 or 4 i cant remember, but thats bullshit, i think as a company they suck.

but BAYCITY CLUTCH in tampa is the ****
Old 02-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (booja)

there discs are fine there pressure plates are something to be cautious of . I had the same problem as above with the clutchnet pressure plate not disengaging correctly.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbsponge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought a clutch net pressure plate last year, put it in and the clutch would not disengage for anything, took it to a clutch builder in tampa and found out it was assembled inccorectly something about the diaphragm being rivoted to the "fingers" in the middle fo the clutch.

so i called clutch net and some german dude tells me i need to send it back and they will pressure test it and look at it, and i would have to pay shipping there and back.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the same disengaging problem, IE: it would not. ever.

I returned the clutch. It was sent to ClutchNet and they said it was installer error. Bullshit. The shop installed it TWICE and it would never disengage. I gave up at that point and took the loss, ended up with a crappy centerforce because it was all I could get immediately.

Old 02-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (notoriousB)

okay so im glad it wasnt just mine.....

its funny if you call the they sound like some kinda clutch *****!!

SHIZAH! das clutchen worken guud en Zeh factory, it cant be bUsted.......heil!

i sent them the receipt for my clutch being rebuilt, they left me message on my phone tellin me i was out of line for sending it to them and having someone else touch THIER clutches.

HA
Old 02-14-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: impressions of a newer Clutchnet clutch... (mildly.interesting)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mildly.interesting &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Keep in mind that I had a ClutchMaster Stage 5 unsprung 4 puck on it before the diff blew up, and I'm pretty sure the clutch that never ever slipped in 10 months of solid abuse probably had something to do with my tranny issues.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you CM clutch is still good, why not just reuse it? I have a cm5 3puck with 400whp and it has yet to slip for over a year.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: impressions of a newer Clutchnet clutch... (turtle-eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turtle-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you CM clutch is still good, why not just reuse it? I have a cm5 3puck with 400whp and it has yet to slip for over a year.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. The CM clutch is why I had to put a tranny in my car

2. I replaced an A1 tranny with a YS1 tranny, and the input shafts are 2 different sizes.