Notices

I'm Proud to present my new manifold the "B-series Ultimate"...(not 56K freindly)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm Proud to present my new manifold the "B-series Ultimate"...(not 56K freindly)

We'll I have put a lot of thought and time into this design, so I'm happy to finally have a working prototype. I'd like to thank the following people for making this happen:

Servion, and his wife for giving me the opportunity to build this!
Rich at Ace stainless
RLD-fab for the advice and great collectors
Sam at BMC race
Brent at PFI (thanks again for the late night filler!)
RedZCstandardhatch for the rad info!

The background on this manifold: Well it was originally intended for the sole purpose for the EF chassis, but after building it, I realized that it's just a tad bit larger than what I planned. It should fit perfectly in an EG, but it has some hood clearance issues in my CRX. Even with my VIS SIR hood, it pushes the hood up about 1". I think I will offer the manifold with the smaller radius els for the 1st and 2nd runners to fit the EF chassis. It will also require a scirroco style radiator setup in an EF, because the runners stick so far out.

The benefits, and goals of this manifold: simply put... 40R fitment with little to no chassis mods, a single WG prioritized collector (say good buy to creep and spiking issues!), and tons of DP clearance (5" is possible). The turbo placement is perfect for a back door IC style setup, and also mounts the turbo high enough for a decent drain line. This style of collector arrangement also allows someone to utilize the new V band style of exhaust housings available from Tial. When it came down to designing this, I wanted to make sure it was a well rounded piece that could be applied to most setups.

Now for the pics:

Let me know what you think! I should have the kinks worked out soon, and have these for sale within the month!

Thanks!
Bryson

Modified by Boostwerks.com at 9:57 PM 2/18/2007
Old 02-18-2007, 07:55 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: I'm Proud to present my new manifold the "B-series Ultimate"...(not 56K freindly) (Boostwerks.co

looks like really good wastegate placement
Old 02-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

price!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: I'm Proud to present my new manifold the "B-series Ultimate"...(not 56K freindly) (Boostwerks.co

for making a unique design. I like it.

-How much room does it look like you'll have for a drain line?
-Do you know the clearance of the EG hood?

and of course...... how much will it be?
Old 02-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its like a ANR allmotor header but for turbo..I like it..
Old 02-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great
Old 02-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> for making a unique design. I like it.

-How much room does it look like you'll have for a drain line?
-Do you know the clearance of the EG hood?

and of course...... how much will it be? </TD></TR></TABLE>

- The turbo is just as high as most bottom mount manifold setups, if that helps at all. There is more than enough to make a straight line back down into the pan.
- I don't know the exact clearance of the EG hood, but I'm pretty confident it will fit that chassis with out a problem.
- I guess you guys can PM for a price. I don't want this to be an advertisement. I'm just interested in hearing what you guys think, and any concerns you might have.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HYBRID_H@TCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its like a ANR allmotor header but for turbo..I like it..</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol! thats exactly what I thought when I first bolted it on. I was surprised I didn't think of that when I first produced the design.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned

Looks good.

I started laying something like that a few years ago when I first started building turbo manifolds. The concept seemed sound. I couldn't get it packaged right though, on a SOHC because the water neck comes out of the head right where the bends needs to be.

I will be interested to see how it runs. Keep us posted.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks awesome.... cant wait to see the outcome
Old 02-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very cool design. If I was in the market for using a turbo that large I would definately give this a try.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Trial User

IM down to try this manifold very nice looking design. it does remind me of my old AN-R Header that i use to run last season when i was N/A.

Anymore information on materials used?
pictures of the collector?
Backpurged?

sent you a PM
Old 02-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good Bryson you should pull of your front bumper and get some pics to show how the turbo sits for the return line , cus it does look like it hangs quite low from the pics ,
Old 02-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Kudos on the inovative design!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks sick in for some dyno numbers
Old 02-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I like! Looks like it would be kinda tricky pulling the dipstick out though!
Old 02-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good Work Bryson
Old 02-19-2007, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That great Bryson, very nice looking. I am excited for my H22-Ultimate lol.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That manifold looks like it blows...
a lot of air into the turbo!! Nice design...I'm excited to see the power this thing makes
Old 02-19-2007, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the hottness!!!

lets see some stock block craziness!!!

I think the LS's have the water neck coming straight out also, so they might be out.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by champLSinteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like! Looks like it would be kinda tricky pulling the dipstick out though!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's actually not that bad.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BB6-213 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That great Bryson, very nice looking. I am excited for my H22-Ultimate lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man! Yeah, I definetly think I'll be building one of these for myself.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the hottness!!!

lets see some stock block craziness!!!

I think the LS's have the water neck coming straight out also, so they might be out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This manifold isn't for my car, but I'll definetly be running one soon.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 AM
I've quit using this account

good job,

this is for jeremys wife car correct?
if so, im sure ill help with the install / getting it ready for the dyno
Old 02-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That tube fits up to the opening of the t3 flange terrible, and it doesn't seem to fit up to the collector very good either. Let's not forget the basics of what this piece is designed to do, smoothly transfer air from the head to the turbo. I'd step down the elbow after the collector to something that properly fits up to the T3 flange. Congrats on building something different though.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good Bryson!!! I'll have pics and dyno results from my topmount very soon!