Notices

Im getting mixed instructions for the delta wastegate....can someone help me out?

Old 03-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im getting mixed instructions for the delta wastegate....can someone help me out?

im doing the turbo install right now. i dont have a nipple on my compressor side of the turbo. i left the top part which says vaccum open and the side that says boost, connected to the brake booster line. when people connect the line to the compressor, isnt that blowing air and not vaccum? since i hooked it up to the brake booster, its a vaccum line. i really dont understand how that works, since its vaccum and not pushing air out words. it would be great if someone could clarify this for me. i would try both, but my oil pan is off getting tapped for the oil drain.

99 b18b
drag 3
garrett t3/t4
Old 03-03-2003, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im getting mixed instructions for the delta wastegate....can someone help me out? (wickedxboi)

bump
Old 03-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im getting mixed instructions for the delta wastegate....can someone help me out? (wickedxboi)

just hook up the top and side port of thw WG to any vaccum source...vaccum is vaccum, no matter where you draw it from..

I usually plug up the vac port on the turbo...just becasue that vac reading maybe different than the one that actually go inside the head with pressure drop and etc...although for low boost application is pretty irrelevant...

stan
Old 03-03-2003, 10:03 AM
New User

Default Re: Im getting mixed instructions for the delta wastegate....can someone help me out? (Flamenco-T)

Both ports get vaccum?
Old 03-03-2003, 10:37 AM

First of all no vacuum is ever made between the turbo and the throttle body. Cars only produce vacuum in the manifold. As far as your wastage connection question put a nipple on the compressor side of the turbo and plumb a silicon vacuum line from this to the side port on the wastegate. As far as the top port on the wastegate leave it alone unless you have a adjustable boost regulator.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im getting mixed instructions for the delta wastegate....can someone help me out? (home_made_tur

im going to hook it up to the brake booster then....thanks for clearing things up guys