Notices

IM BACK...2 weeks, no sleep, lots of work=482 whp and 3rd place(the WHOLE saga)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM BACK...2 weeks, no sleep, lots of work=482 whp and 3rd place(the WHOLE saga)

First off i need to thank anthony(precisionh23a)http://www.av-engineered.com . man did he go way above and beyond all of my expections helping me get my problems fixed and tuning my car! also like to thank chase(LudeyKrus) for helping me out till like 4 am getting the car running...the few friends that came over and helped, and of course everyone here at honda-tech over the years!

now for a little backround info. as some of u may remember me, i used to be around all the time. well somethings happened that made me put down the car ****, so to speak for almost 2 years. i built this engine over a year ago and its been sitting on my stand since.

so the other night im at a friends house, and were drinking, so the **** talking begins. so were talking cars and all that, whgen i say nopi is in 2 weeks man, ive been debating building a bs engine out of the parts i have laying around, put a shot n2o on it, and drop it in another frinds car for the burn out comp, or put my badass engine in the lude and go for the dyno contest. well his drunk *** goes, "you might as well go for the burn out contest, cause you wont be able to compare to the people there"!!! oh thats all it took. there was many nights staying up till 4 am, then going to work at 7 am getting this thing put in.

when i got close to getting it done i got in contact with anthony, tell him the deal and he's like ya, come up on thursday and we'll get her tuned, im like hell ya lets do this...well come wed i still havent got the car to drive yet, clutch not working, and other bugs. so i finally got the master and slave cylinder changed, and work out some other bugs. so at 4 am the car hits the road for the first time in 2 years! i go inside take a shower and start heading to anthonys, which is a 5 hr drive from my house. so about an hour in, my rad fan dies and car overheats, coolent everywhere. i limp to an auto parts store and get a new fan. install it and im back on the road, way later then im supposed to be. at this point im tring to get there fast, but 4k rev limit owns. not to metion being untuned and trying to not stay at steady rpm...

so at 230 pm i finally get there.(i was supposed to be there 930 am) we get started on my engine and see a few problems, but all in all think its ok...haha...so we start to street tune, and get a little done, but its time for anthony to go to school. he goes and we meet back, now its time for the dyno. we do a little tuneing on the way, but my turbo seals are bad and smoking, which kills his o2 sensor(sorry man).

we get to the dyno and start tuning. get a few pulls done and things are starting to look good. all of a sudden things start not looking right. wasnt sure what happened at first, come to find out, my alt is dead!. so at this point, its almost midnight, im not fully tuned, alt dead and im supposed to be at work in 7 hours, and remember im 5 hrs away from my house! i leave my boss a messege saying i wont be in, then my phones die(whole other story)

so day 2. we meet up and anthony makes me a nice dump tube with the quickness. we redo all the vacume lines on the mani and boost controller cause it was also being a piece the night before. then we though on a new alternator.start to head to the dyno and think things are finally going right. all looks good, then we pull into the dyno and my temps start going up...what now! turns out my thrmostat locks up. so here we are again working on the car in the parking lot!!! get it fixed and finally get on the dyno.

we bacically have to start over tuning cause the broken alt threw everything off the night before. so we get tungin and man things are going good. all i got to say is anyone who says tuning cam gears on a turbo car is a waste of time, is an idiot. anthony got me 32 whp from cam gears!!! he keeps at my car and the most boost we can get was 21 psi. this was due to my good wastegate getting stolen and i had to buy a tubonetics evo one, cause that was all i could get locally. anthonys skill got me 482 whp on a very conservitive tune!

so i finally hit the road to go home fri night. im soo beat at this point, i had to stop and take a nap on the way. i finally get home sat morning and a few friends meet me at my house. we finish 2 days worth of **** in a few hours and head to nopi...on the way, the car starts getting real loud...what now!!!!! i pull over and find one of the bolts in the wasgate gone, and the other loose. i left all my bolts home, but luckly find one, put it in and back on the road. get to our hotel check in and go to the show. by now its 520 and they are like sorry, cars arent allowed in after 5. another blow..man the nopi curse cont.

after the show we head to the kroger and i decide to turn up the boost. just as i hit 20 psi my friends saying hey the wastegat, but its too late and boom. pull over and it broke the bolt off inside the mani! i am soo bumed at thsi point. i limp to the kroger with the wastegate in the back seat, and everone stating cause im now running open header. i call chase and he goes by my house and grabs my bolts and my drill and heads tot he varisty, thanks again man! i met a guy named javier at kroger, everyone else already left. my what a clean crx, loved it and he was super and turbo charged! we try to find bolts, but i have no extra in my bay. he goes out of his way and gives my one out of bat tray, and a hose clamp on the other side. it felt good to find a few nice people left. make it to the varisty meet and see a few people.

next day finally get into nopi and go strait to the dyno. with all odds against us, get it on the dyno. pulls 472 whp in the middle of the hot day. this was enough to get third. i was a little mad, cause with my orignal parts could have easily had first, which was only 508. but all in all i was very happy considering what i was up against!

i got to say i told u so to my friend. have a trophy. a great tuned car, thats a lot of fun to drive, and some good memories/stories to tell. oh and a new bet...he told me i couldnt hit 12's...me being the **** talker i am, said ****, ill do it on street tires...here we go again, lol.

now onto to the pics:
day1:

some camgear tuning:

pump gas:

21 psi vp110:

some of the car:

and im sorry but this girl was hot!:

the setup:

bottom end-
h23a1 block and crank, fully balanced
benson sleeves
h22 oil squirters
pauter rods
custom 88mm 9:1 cp pistons
arp main and head studs

head-
.5mm oversized ferria valves
ferria springs and retainers
mild pnp
crower 2t cams
skunk2 camgears
golden eagle itm
skunk2 tb

custom turbo kit(old setup, new one soon):
drag gen 4 mani
garrett 60-1
spearco intercooler
2.25 pipes

cliff notes:
anthony is the ******* man, dont tell me i cant do something, thats what u call tuning, and hard work really does pay off.

Modified by fastludeh22 at 8:52 PM 9/30/2006

Modified by fastludeh22 at 8:52 PM 9/30/2006
Old 09-18-2006, 11:07 PM
The Boot

wow!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: IM BACK...2 weeks, no sleep, lots of work=482 whp and 3rd place(the WHOLE saga) (fastludeh22)

Oh the joys of tuning . Random **** always goes wrong at the worst times. Anyways sounds like in the end it was all worth it
Old 09-18-2006, 11:20 PM

Default Re: (Smokinsax)

very cool man..........i think many of us have been through trying times like these and there is nothing better than to see some success in the end

keep on
Old 09-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IM BACK...2 weeks, no sleep, lots of work=482 whp and 3rd place(the WHOLE saga) (fastludeh22)

that is a lot of stress to go through! that girl is very hot by the way. good job on the third place.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car was by far the biggest nightmare that I've tuned to date, lol. 2 days on the dyno and once one problem was fixed another one came up.

This baby definetely would have hit 520whp+ if we would had a stiffer WG spring. I believe with the topmount set-up, gt35r, 44mm wg, new IC piping, IC and dp, we'll be able to easily make 600whp with your engine. I was extremely surprised we made as much power as we did at 21psi.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:55 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: IM BACK...2 weeks, no sleep, lots of work=482 whp and 3rd place(the WHOLE saga) (PrecisionH23a)

lol - DeJa Vu huh Anthony? (MAP sensor)

Nice numbers
Old 09-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IM BACK...2 weeks, no sleep, lots of work=482 whp and 3rd place(the WHOLE saga) (HybridHatch88)

LOL

This car was 5x worse than yours was robbie. Looks like we'll be doing 350whp on your stocker b16 next weekend right? Tell will to bring his car with a stiffer wg spring so we can hit 450 on the dynojet. I'd like to compare how off the mustang dyno is compared to the dynojet that I typically use.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice numbers man ! Im kinda disappointed, you only have one shot of the chick
Old 09-19-2006, 09:19 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: IM BACK...2 weeks, no sleep, lots of work=482 whp and 3rd place(the WHOLE saga) (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL

This car was 5x worse than yours was robbie. Looks like we'll be doing 350whp on your stocker b16 next weekend right? Tell will to bring his car with a stiffer wg spring so we can hit 450 on the dynojet. I'd like to compare how off the mustang dyno is compared to the dynojet that I typically use.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol -Yep, I am awaiting my tranny to arrive so I can put the car together. Wil is scared of 450, lol - His car MOVES on 15lbs. See you next Friday.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Dollar_bill

Default Re: (evo_lucian)

nice!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dollar_bill)

Great story. Glad things still turned out pretty good. I haven't been to a Varsity meet in almost a year.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IM BACK...2 weeks, no sleep, lots of work=482 whp and 3rd place(the WHOLE saga) (HybridHatch88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridHatch88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol -Yep, I am awaiting my tranny to arrive so I can put the car together. Wil is scared of 450, lol - His car MOVES on 15lbs. See you next Friday.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tell him to stop being such a ***** and let's go for 25psi.

Make sure you leave your problems at home! haha.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man, I met you Saturday at that gas station. I was with my friend in his built KA-T s13. Nice numbers! Did you get that oil return fixed?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 PM
12 Years Strong

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tell him to stop being such a ***** and let's go for 25psi.

Make sure you leave your problems at home! haha.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Trust me, she is going to be running check engine light free by the time it gets to you, lol. Don't want a repeat.

To the original thread starter, where at Nopi was your car parked? I never saw it.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:21 PM
i ♥ snails

hell yeah that story insipired me to never give up and there is alot of good people in the honda community.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

nice clicky pow...I'm mean #'s
Old 09-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This car was by far the biggest nightmare that I've tuned to date, lol. 2 days on the dyno and once one problem was fixed another one came up.

This baby definetely would have hit 520whp+ if we would had a stiffer WG spring. I believe with the topmount set-up, gt35r, 44mm wg, new IC piping, IC and dp, we'll be able to easily make 600whp with your engine. I was extremely surprised we made as much power as we did at 21psi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks alot for ******* on my **** man...lol, jk. everyone has to remember, the first time this car went down the road in two years, and first time on this engine was about 30 mins before i left my house to drive 5 hrs to meet with you!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evo_lucian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice numbers man ! Im kinda disappointed, you only have one shot of the chick</TD></TR></TABLE>

is this better:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sh!tsWEAK! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey man, I met you Saturday at that gas station. I was with my friend in his built KA-T s13. Nice numbers! Did you get that oil return fixed?</TD></TR></TABLE>

one of the very first things i am doing this week! i know i shouldnt have ran it like that,but it was that or not make it at this point...anthony bitched at me for that, and some other stuff i havent metioned in this story, lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridHatch88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

To the original thread starter, where at Nopi was your car parked? I never saw it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they wouldnt let me in on sat cause i got there at 5:20, and gates for cars closed at 5pm!!! on sunday at first i was at the edge of car clubs and honda only. then i parked by the dyno for most of the day...but i did park it in the middle main way right by the vipers for awhile, see first pic.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quicksilver1689 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hell yeah that story insipired me to never give up and there is alot of good people in the honda community.</TD></TR></TABLE>

def man we have all been there and done that, dont give up man. do it right the first time...its cheaper to do it right, then to do it twice, TRUST ME! and ya just a simple thing as that bolt being given to me off of his car is just like, damn there is still good people that will help u when u need it.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fastludeh22)

NICE!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sleeprhatch)

haha i got pics of that chick from mir posing on are golf cart haha
Old 09-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vaporboy12)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vaporboy12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha i got pics of that chick from mir posing on are golf cart haha
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah and it looks to me like she's got the same exact sh*$ on
Old 12-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (darkdayz)

man gotta love them nopi chicks....smokin hott