Notices

Idle/Fuel problem on turbo EM1

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle/Fuel problem on turbo EM1

I just recently installed my drag turbo kit and went to start it and it will run but will idle very lopey and SUPER SUPER RICH (burnt my damn eyes). The car wont rev over 2200 rpms and sounds like its missing bad!

2000 Civic Si Stock B16A2 78xxx miles STOCK TIMING/STOCK MAP SENSOR
The car is on P06 Hondata S100, on a tune from the previous owner, 19 psi on a piston/rod B16 with 550cc injectors with a resistor box. I am now running 600cc injectors with the OBD2 injector clips. My boost gauge is reading at 10 in VAC, is that normal while the car is running....barely? I tee-d the cruise control for the boost gauge. I have an upgraded Tial 38mm wastegate and i have the top vacuum fitting running into a tee at the brake booster hose before the checkvalve, is that right? The other nipple isnt hooked to anything. Now off the compressor i have a vacuum line going into a tee that catches the TurboXS MBC and then goes to the brake booster line. The Blitz Bov is ran off the brake booster also. Also the injector clips that i got came with 2 white wires, the common-yellow/black wire on the obd2 harness has to be on the timing belt side and hook to the right white wire which would be the timing belt side, right?

I know many people are going to tell me to get a vacuum manifold and do it that way, but ive almost got everything done i just need the car to run and drive to get it tuned and then to sell it.

YES I HAVE SEARCHED! I havent found the answer that i need though. I just dropped my ecu off to get a basemap put on for the high impedence 600cc injectors on a stock block/stock map sensor B16. Maybe that might fix the horrible idle. I just wanted to see some other honda guru's ideas or opinions.<U></U>

Thanks to whoever can answer my questions without giving me some ******** SEARCH lecture. Please i need Answers. THIS CAR HAS TO BE GONE SOON!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Idle/Fuel problem on turbo EM1 (sLoWrAcEr)

first off the vacuum line does to the bottom port on the wastegate. top port is for an ebc.

did you change the map for a stock map sensor? i can only assume the previous owner on 19psi would use a 3 bar.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Idle/Fuel problem on turbo EM1 (kyden)

Ahh thats what might have been it. He WAS running 19psi and then he would have to have a different map sensor. im on the stock one. Would that contribute to any of my screwed up idling issues?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you changed the map and the tune is for the 3 or 5 bar then that can cause a ton of issues.Plus why would you run a stock map if it only reads to 11 psi give or take?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
i HAS questions ?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sLoWrAcEr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ahh thats what might have been it. He WAS running 19psi and then he would have to have a different map sensor. im on the stock one. Would that contribute to any of my screwed up idling issues? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, running a different MAP sensor will screw things up. How much boost do you plan on running? You might want to consider getting a new MAP sensor before having your can tuned so you don't have to do it twice.

I would also get a vacuum manifold and run your lines from there the proper way, it'll save you headaches troubleshooting later if you do things right the first time.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Idle/Fuel problem on turbo EM1 (.dave)

ok well i will be plugging the new basemap for a stock b16 with a drag kit tommorow. i will update
Old 08-13-2008, 06:29 AM
i HAS questions ?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sLoWrAcEr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok well i will be plugging the new basemap for a stock b16
with a drag kit tommorow. i will update </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just don't beat on it too hard with only the basemap on there. I'd recommend getting it tuned as soon as you can. Who's doing the basemap for you?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Inline Pro. They are booked for a while for tuning.... i might have to find somewhere else around here to tune it. i need this car back im tired of driving the work truck and its 8 mpg... i miss my honda haha
Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 AM
i HAS questions ?

There are a bunch of good options for tuning around you (I'm assuming you're in Virginia).

Check out Shue Tuning. He's a member on here, I can't remember what his username is though right now (its SohcMcShue or something like that).
http://www.shuetuning.com

Also, if you're close to Maryland check out Tempest Racing.
http://www.tempestracing.net/dynotuning.html
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah Matt Shue doesnt tune the s100.
Maryland would be a bad idea, because then my car would get stolen again haha

I found a local place that tunes hondata and just got a new dyno. And has pretty good deals.