Notices

IACV - Idle Air Control Valve - Woes -- Posted in Prelude section as well

Old 04-09-2005, 07:20 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IACV - Idle Air Control Valve - Woes -- Posted in Prelude section as well

IACV - Idle Air Control Valve - Woes « » 11:20 AM 4/9/2005 Reply Edit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone expert on this topic?
I have a 2001 turbo prelude converted over from OBD2a to OBD-1 using a P28 ECU. The harness is an SH harness and the ATTS mechanism and ATTS ECU removed. The computer is now controlled by a Hondata. The idle is well tuned for fuel and timing.
The IACV target idle is not being reached at all. Once warmed up, the car will not respond to load changes and the car will idle very low. All sx of non functioning IACV system

The injectors have of course are now peak and hold and there is a resistor box. The wires for the injectors have been cut at the large jumper connector that has all the wires that eventually go back to the fuel relay and the wire for the IACV is one of those and has been checked as is intact.

The IACV is now mounted on a GE intake manifold and the holes do indeed line up perfectly although the IACV is now mounted in an upside down position compared to how it was sitting originally (hoses at the top now) -- not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I have checked and rechecked the IACV and even substituted another known good one.

The wiring harness has been checked to make sure the 2 wires do indeed line up in the adapter harness with the P28 obd1 harness.

the Voltages check out as indicated in the manual but when I do the test to cross the wires at the harness (iacv and pg1), there is no click at the IACV despite the voltages being present????

any ideas?

thanks
Torin

Old 04-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IACV - Idle Air Control Valve - Woes -- Posted in Prelude section as well (GruvyTune)

it might be possible that one of the pins inside the connector that plugs onto the iacv has moved back and will not contact the iacv pin.

perhaps there is a short somewhere in the engine harness.

are there any other abnormalities?
Old 04-09-2005, 10:09 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i even checked for continuity at the mainboard on the ecu where the pins plug into

i suppose now its time to check another ecu. however i think this was happening even when i had my p72 plugged into it before I changed out the manifold