Notices

I want people's opinion.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want people's opinion.....

I want to see what people would like to buy, I don't want to start a stupid lets be mean thread. I just want to see what people like me out there really want to buy and come at a descent price. Here's the thing, me and my friend will soon start making things for honda's all engine from metal. We plan on making downpipes, intercooler piping, etc. We want to be able to sell these to people that can't afford high dollar things from Revard and places like that. We want to make items like that, that are just as good, but not all the mark up. Don't get me wrong, big turbo companies sell great product, but stop the mark up! You know what i mean? So what i want to know is what are people looking for, for a good price. I still want to be able to make money, but not rape my customers. All good advice considered!
Old 12-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I want people's opinion..... (civiceg500)

In my eyes you are catering to the wrong crowd. If you want to see mark up go to the Audi/Vw market. There you will see crazy mark up. I think the Honda market is flooded with cheap products already and unless you plan on competing against OBX which can copy anything I don't think you will do that well.

Just my .02
Old 12-01-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Re: I want people's opinion..... (underpressure02)

Well, I know very well what is out there, but can't i at least try? I'm not looking for making heavy profit, but something
Old 12-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Trial User

lets see some of your work

i believe if you make a decent product for the right price you can do fairly well.

goodluck

Old 12-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what exactly are you looking for from us? Let's see what you have.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: I want people's opinion..... (racinskittle)

Here's the thing, I haven't made anything yet. I don't won't to make anything that will not sell. People all i'm asking for is what would you like to buy that still can be good quality and effort but not 400$ for a piece of pipe. I'm talkin about turbo downpipes, Turbo intake pipes with pre welded flanges for blow off valves, stuff like. I just want to know some good ideas before i make stuff. Someone once told me that they would like to have a intake pipe with a blitz ss flange already connected and painted for their car and be able to buy one without having to take one to a shop. See where i'm goin.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:50 PM

I don't want to make manifolds if no one will buy them, i'll make custom turbo downpipes straight to the cat if people need them, but with my best effort put forward and no bull **** mark up. I just want good ideas for now and i'll run with those ideas and make things for people.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:34 PM

yeah, Honda parts are already pretty cheap. Take a look at those Subee rainbow chasers. They pay $12000 for a motor swap just to make their car perform like a stock STI.

my advice is to start making parts and bits that local people need for their cars. as you start gaining a little bit of a rep and some experience, then try and take it online, but their aren't many people that are going to have some random person in some random place in the us fab them up some parts to save a buck. just my .02
Old 12-01-2004, 03:44 PM
95GSRTT

the problem with pre made **** is that 95% of the time it never fits perfectly. The person always has to adjust something. Unless you plan on buying every intercooler out there, and every manifold out there, its never gonna be a 100% fit. thats the only reason i never buy prefabbed stuff.

Good luk
Old 12-01-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Re: I want people's opinion..... (95GSRTT)

True that, but is there ever any aftermarket parts that fit like stock? But i should start with local ****. What if i sold things on the bay?