Notices

I want to buy this kit.....What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to buy this kit.....What do you guys think?

Im sorry to be another one of those new member posts that gets very monotonous but.........

I actually seen this kit on ebay for $1,125...Of course its a bid......I have a 94 CX hatch with a 95 LS swap. My engine is 100% stock. Im not looking alot of power. I dont want my car to be the best or fastest. I just personally want something faster than an LS inna hatch. I want to spend as less as possible but at least push 8-10psi.I want keep everything stock as much as possible as well, unless I have to upgrade. So my question is what do you guys think about this kit? AND MY BIGGEST QUESTION is what else will i need to buy thats doesnt come with the kit ????????????????? (or is this everything that I need, I didnt see an FCU listed?)

This kit includes:

GREDDY MANIFOLD - BRAND NEW - STAINLESS
OBX RACING STAGE 2 TURBO T3/T4 T04E SUPER 5 BOLT
.50 .63 WITH 2 YR WARRANTY
OBX RACING INTERCOOLER 24 X 12 X 76MM
HKS WASTEGATE 38MM
GREDDY SUPER 3" BRAIDED DOWNPIPE
50MM BLOW OFF VALVE
GREDDY DOWNPIPE EXTENSION
HKS FLANGES
GASKETS
HKS FLANGE FOR BOV
HKS FLANGE KIT FOR WASTEGATE
OIL LINE - BRAIDED AND TESTED
OIL DRAIN FITTING
10 VARIOUS TURBO FITTINGS / BARBS
HOSE / CLAMP / TBAR

Boost Level: 13psi
Injector Size: Stock
Horsepower/Torque: +150 / 285 ft/lbs

This is the Greddy Kit:
"This turbo kit comes complete with the following items...TD05H-18G Turbocharger, RC 310cc Injectors, Greddy Cast Manifold, Greddy FCU, Greddy Air Intake, 94-01 Integra GSR Specific Piping, Hoses, Oil Lines and all Misc. Hardware needed to complete the install."

Thats all it said comes with the Greddy kit. This is goin for $2,700 dollars.....This is not a bid.....but its possible to get the previous kit for cheaper than this if I win the bid, hence that one only starts at $1,125. The Greddy Kit comes with RC 310cc injectors and a Greddy FCU. The first kit is a T3/T04 and the Greddy is a TDo5H-18G......I know this is probably against the forum rules, but.............Which one is better? Well better for me? (Remember I dont have big plans and I dont want big power just somethin faster over stock). My budget is $3000....Also I noticed that the First kit didn't list an FCU........Do I need it?

Hey any help would be great.....I could use itsince Im not a Turbo expert. I know I could probably search but I want "live" answers from the guys on HT!

Also another question is will both of these kits be pretty easy and straight foward to put on?
Old 01-31-2005, 10:20 PM

It might look a little confusing but I actually listed 2 different kits above...the 1st kit is a combo of different brands and the second is all Greddy.ohh yea the greddy kit comes with an intercooler too.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: I want to buy this kit.....What do you guys think? (JayDeEM-ike)

IF you absolutley have to pick between the two kits.... get the greddy

the other kits just a stupid ebay crap kit thats not setup very well and consists of many cheap parts while the greddy kit has many high quality parts that will last you a long time.

you can put together a quality kit together yourself for cheaper or for the same price with everything youll need ( injectors, hondata blow off vlave etcc)
Old 02-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Thanks,anyone else have any input please?
Old 02-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i would go for the greddy kit too...the other kit seems to sound like that ssauto chrome junk piece of ****.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if its those 2....the greddy, forget the ebay crap. Plus the ebay listing didnt even have intercooler piping.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: (quik sol)

Junkyard turbo kit to the rescue!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:38 AM

agreed... for 3k you could have yourself a nice setup.. or you could do a decent junkyard setup for 2k or less and have extra money for wheels or slicks...
Old 02-02-2005, 07:35 AM

Well i dont really trust ebay products. However the first one comes with a greddy manifold and downpipe and HKS flanges and wastegate etc, and an OBX intercooler and stage 2 T3/T4 turbo.So its not really ebay crap because its the same thing as a greddy kit or other brands but a compilation of different brands to form a kit so it doesnt really consist of cheap parts (I mean it contains HKS, Greddy, and OBX). And Quik sol the 1st listing does list an intercooler---OBX 24x12x76. So is this still considered crap?Im just curious as to why you guys call it crap when its HKS, Greddy.....Please explain so I can understand!?!?!? Is it the way its pieced together or what?

The 1st one is a stage 2 T3/T4 and the greddy kit is a TDo5H-18G? Do these turbos being different really matter? WHich one is more powerful?????????

I am not looking for that much power. I want to keep as much internally stock as possible. I want to run anywhere between 8-10PSI. Not aiming for high HP.just somethin a little faster.

The reason I ask is because all I hear is T3/T4 being the best pick and i noticed that the greddy kit doesnt come with a T3/T4. Is the Greddy TDo5H-18G better than the OBX stage 2 T3/T4?

I dont have that much knowledge about turbos thats why I turn to you guys for your knowledge and help Anybody's help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As soon as you see OBX anything... quickly hit the "BACK" button on your browser. This will help you avoid stupid bids
Old 02-02-2005, 07:45 AM

Does OBX really suck that bad? The 1st kit (obx) is capable of 13psi though......explain please.....I will also do some research myself.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:55 AM

bump
Old 02-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

who cares? a 14b can do 13 psi and thats one of the smallest ones i see on a honda. OBX is junk bottom line, I said intercooler piping....not intercooler....yes HKS and greddy are good companys....hell im an HKS addict. But the bottom line is your intercooler and your turbo are junk.

Also who knows if there real HKS/Greddy and not just knockoffs? I can throw a description up of a hks ssq blow off valve....when its really one of those knock offs that from what I have heard is junk.

Stay away from ebay is your best bet....anything from SSautochrome and OBX....RUN!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I want to buy this kit.....What do you guys think? (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IF you absolutley have to pick between the two kits.... get the greddy

the other kits just a stupid ebay crap kit thats not setup very well and consists of many cheap parts while the greddy kit has many high quality parts that will last you a long time.

you can put together a quality kit together yourself for cheaper or for the same price with everything youll need ( injectors, hondata blow off vlave etcc) </TD></TR></TABLE>

What other input do you need besides that. ITS THE TRUTH!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: (quik sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quik sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares? a 14b can do 13 psi and thats one of the smallest ones i see on a honda. OBX is junk bottom line, I said intercooler piping....not intercooler....yes HKS and greddy are good companys....hell im an HKS addict. But the bottom line is your intercooler and your turbo are junk.

Also who knows if there real HKS/Greddy and not just knockoffs? I can throw a description up of a hks ssq blow off valve....when its really one of those knock offs that from what I have heard is junk.

Stay away from ebay is your best bet....anything from SSautochrome and OBX....RUN!</TD></TR></TABLE>

THANKS ALOT MAN..Thats 2 people that said OBX is crap and thats all I need. Yea some stuff is greddy and HKS etc., It might be real it might be fake....either way I guess It doesnt matter cuz its an OBX turbo! Thanks for your help.But........

What did you mean by a 14B (Sorry Im new and learning) is that what the ebay kit has or the Greddy kit has? Is that good?

Well u guys said stay away from the ebay crap....Well what if I bought the greddy kit of of Ebay? Its not an ebay kit, its just for sale on ebay, so is that still ok? Its on ebay for 2,700

Sorry for the amateur questions guys, but any help would be great!

Old 02-03-2005, 08:43 PM

anyone? Obx T3/T4 or greddy 18G TDo5H? What will give me more power?
Old 02-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (JayDeEM-ike)

the obx t3/t4 will probably crap out in the first month, the turbos they use are ****. just get the greddy kit
Old 02-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

the 18g is good for about 350hp and the t3/t4 is good for well over 400, the sacrifice would be the turbo lag and spool up rpm for the bigger turbo
Old 02-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (ProjectDarkBlack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectDarkBlack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the 18g is good for about 350hp and the t3/t4 is good for well over 400, the sacrifice would be the turbo lag and spool up rpm for the bigger turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

with the ssac.obx turbo, the sacrifice would be the turbo. they arent balanced, assembled using sub-par parts. the tolerances are really shitty. they already come with a lot of shaft play
Old 02-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

definitely don't buy the OBX nonsense... they're super duper shitty... buy greddy or go custom
Old 02-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blackcivic44)

put together your own kit. If you dont feel confident enough to piece a few parts together you probably shouldn't be putting them on.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: (racinskittle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by racinskittle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put together your own kit. If you dont feel confident enough to piece a few parts together you probably shouldn't be putting them on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

everyone has to start learning from some point. buy the greddy kit, its an easy bolton and not as hard as it seems. Im gonna have to vote against obx stuff.... way to many threads on ebay turbos splitting in half and crapping out!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check out the sponsors on this site, you can get good deals on turbo stuff here. Greddy is a good kit...especially if ya live in California.

What I meant with a 14b is its a real small turbo, you were saying that it can handle 13 psi....I was just stating that just about any turbo can handle 13 psi.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:46 PM

oh ok thanks guys. What about the rev hard or drag kits in comparison to the Greddy?
Old 02-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never had any experience with the revhard, but the drag is a good kit also. I would personally do a little research, save some money and go the custom route. I saved alot of money that way, and so do alot of people.

Quick Reply: I want to buy this kit.....What do you guys think?