Notices

I thought you guys would like to know this...in regards to Bosch Pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I thought you guys would like to know this...in regards to Bosch Pump

I received an email from a chinese supplier a while ago...just read the email and read my comment on the bottom..

Dear Sir,

I got your address from the internet just now, I noticed you are selling Bosch original 0580254044 Fuel Pumps. So, i send u this letter and introduce our fuel pumps. Hope it doesn't disturb your work.

We are manufacturing electric fuel pumps in China more than 6 years, last year, we made 044 pump as original Bosch samples for one customer, he is selling a few one year, so, i need to increase the sales, to return our developing cost.

Enclosed pls find the picture, it's our pump, you can see, it's same as Bosch original, since we made the Bosch engraving printing on the body also. Pls advise if you got interest for this pump; The pricing is: $120.00/pc.

This is the pictured attached

If you need more pumps, pls visit our web, but, only the 044 pumps, we have Bosch marking on the body, the other pumps we made is all neutral, without any marking. Pls let me know.

Thanks.

HangZhou Ruixin Parts of Car Co., Ltd
PH: 86-571-86465998
FX: 86-571-86468888

As you can see there are fake bosch pump running around in the market, now my advised is be very careful who you purchased your bosch pump from. As ar as performance, who knows what the fake one are capable of and how reliable they are.

Stan

Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I thought you guys would like to know this...in regards to Bosch Pump (Flamenco-T)

Damn, that's fucked up man! lol I've got a real one sitting on my desk, and it looks identical. The box on my real one isn't quite as neon yellow, more like a mustard yellow. Anything you see that can be used as an identifier to the fake ones?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I thought you guys would like to know this...in regards to Bosch Pump (tony1)

I didnt really get that whole thing. So they make pumps that are bosch with markings, but are fake?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I thought you guys would like to know this...in regards to Bosch Pump (Flashmn)

Yes, they're making fake pumps and putting the bosch name and part number on them.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have to give the chinese props for being excellent counterfitters. You would think that they would channel all (or at least some) of that skill into producing their own ****.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what does it matter? isnt everything made in china anyways now a days? jk lol

where is the bosch pump originally made? germany?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:00 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Speed Industry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speed Industry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have to give the chinese props for being excellent counterfitters. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not counterfitting....that straight up fraud that they are trying to pass off as being OK to do. You can not legally put another manufacturer's name on your product without their approval. Flamenco-T, you should definitely forward that email to the legal department at Bosch.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mykizism)

According to the box,

Made in Czech Rep. Robert Bosch GmbH, Auf der Breit 4, D-76227 Karisruhe, Germany

And obviously it's not so much about where they're made, but to what standards they're made. Bosch isn't going to produce a shitty product to save a couple bucks because they are putting their name on it. The knock offs will save a nickel anywhere they can, it's not their name on the line.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: I thought you guys would like to know this...in regards to Bosch Pump (Flamenco-T)

wow. We need to make a list of stuff to watch out for in regards to counterfeit products.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And obviously it's not so much about where they're made, but to what standards they're made. Bosch isn't going to produce a shitty product to save a couple bucks because they are putting their name on it. The knock offs will save a nickel anywhere they can, it's not their name on the line. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a good point you make

thanks for the look out stan! i hope the bosch pump i got is the real deal. ill post pics of my box then i get home, my box wasnt the yellow one with bosch all over the box, it was black with like like car on it, something similar if you went to a local autoparts store and bought a bosch product
Old 02-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mykizism)

All the Bosch pump that we get are straight from Bosch Motorsports, you have no idea how many people approached me and ask if I want to buy a bosch pump from them. I got this email back in october of last year..recently someone had mentioned that their bosch pump (he didn't buy it from me) have different threads than the fitting kit we sold him. Then this email pops back into my head after I deleted it last year.

I sell a lot of bosch pump, and somehow word got around...

Ours is not the cheapest, but I can guarantee they're the genuine bosch product.

I am ordering a few from ebay to make visual comparison and I just talked to Tony about doing a flow test on the fake versus our bosch pump and I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

stan
Old 02-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I thought you guys would like to know this...in regards to Bosch Pump (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anything you see that can be used as an identifier to the fake ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the heads up Stan
Old 02-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The same thing got out a couple months ago with Walbro's. I wonder if any lawsuits will come of this.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostwerks.com)

Ha, speaking of counterfeit, it been implied that china is also producing counterfeit US money, specifically $20s.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostwerks.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The same thing got out a couple months ago with Walbro's. I wonder if any lawsuits will come of this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This company makes walbro replicas as well
Old 02-27-2007, 10:15 AM

china has been doing this since we were pooping in out diapers. lol thats why when i go over there... im always careful of what i buy... cuz there is soooo much fake **** out there its unbelievable. i would buy a polo shirt for 10 for 10 on the street but something going into my car, im cooool!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Flamenco-T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flamenco-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This company makes walbro replicas as well </TD></TR></TABLE>

In all honesty...I firmly beleive that this manufacturing and marketing strategy will eventually kill the US economy, unless we do something to stop it.

We should start copying their ****, and selling it back to them. Oh wait, we don't sell jack **** to china (or anyone else for that matter).
Old 02-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostwerks.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

In all honesty...I firmly beleive that this manufacturing and marketing strategy will eventually kill the US economy, unless we do something to stop it.

We should start copying their ****, and selling it back to them. Oh wait, we don't sell jack **** to china (or anyone else for that matter). </TD></TR></TABLE>

They just made comptech close down, It's just a matter of time now
Old 02-27-2007, 10:22 AM
TurboJesse

I had a salesman come by the shop and notice a car we had with a sumped tank and bosch pump and he brought us a catalog with "the same pumps" for ALOT cheaper, also had 255's...hmmm
Old 02-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboJesse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboJesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had a salesman come by the shop and notice a car we had with a sumped tank and bosch pump and he brought us a catalog with "the same pumps" for ALOT cheaper, also had 255's...hmmm</TD></TR></TABLE>

Find out who he's working for! We'll solve the problem right here and now.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The sad things is since we do mostly with brake hoses, fittings, adapters, fuel pumps and misc bracket, manifodl and etc..I get this type of emails almost on a daily basis..

You just have to be careful on who you buy your stuff from, I may be one of the few shop who turned them down, but there may be 20 other shops that will gladly accept them to make more money...

One thing still stands, If I don't put them on my car, I won't sell them...period

Stan
Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i always wondered how I'd find Bosch pumps on various websites for 200 bucks shipped, compared to what I paid for mine through Stan, but I never thought it would be counterfeit parts.

down right scary to think alot of people switched from the walbro to the Bosch to have the added safety
Old 02-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anything you see that can be used as an identifier to the fake ones?</TD></TR></TABLE>
More info regarding this please.

Good catch on this Stan...could you imagine the damages a bootleg fuel pump can ensue!

Edit: Sticky this so that everyone is aware of this.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to good retailers. i'm glad you've provided this information stan. and i like ur motto. haha

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flamenco-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> If I don't put them on my car, I won't sell them...period
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Something tells me what once Walbro and Bosch get their hands on these little bastards there won't be much to save their business.

Quick Reply: I thought you guys would like to know this...in regards to Bosch Pump