Notices

i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results

i have to post pics of the sheet but my numbers were 282.2whp and my a/f was 12.0 all the way across on 5lbs of boost

here is the setup
95gsr motor
drag turbo kit on t3/t4oe turbo
270cc rc injecotors
walboro 255 pump
fmu
skunk2 intake manifold
p30 computer
i cant believe the numbers this thing made what u guys think i was gonna turn the boost up to 8lbs but i am afraid of blowing it since it made such good power at 5lbs
sorry bout the bad pic

Modified by hatchbackhonda at 9:53 AM 9/5/2004
Old 09-04-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (hatchbackhonda)

somthings not right here. your making 30whp off each pound of boost lol.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (donkiman)

your telling me but we checked everything even tried 3 differant boost gauges the car is a freak i dunno ar fabrications tuned a very highly respectable performance shop!! i was there while we it was getting tuned the car is just a freak i guess
Old 09-04-2004, 12:55 PM

Damn what EMS are YOU using?
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (hatchbackhonda)

damn those are hella good numbers up the boost to 1 bar see where u get from there, but upgrade the injectors first

I would def like to see the graph
Old 09-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (careawholelot)

believe it or not i am only running a vortech 12.1 fmu a walboro in tank 255 fuel a missing link and a vafc and 270cc rc injectors i dunno what the hell happened this motor just reacted like a monster too boost
Old 09-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the graph is a straight climp it doesnt plateau off at all unfortunately i wanna run 8lbs this car should be able to see 320 or more at 8lbs with them numbers but we were on the dyno for a while and we got everything set right and made awesome power so we didnt want to press our luck!!!!!! i think u all understand that one
Old 09-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldnt touch it. Dont fix something thats not broken. If it runs good and safe at 5psi and your making almost 300whp....i'd just leave it.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (SpoolnG2)

thats what i am thinking have any of u guys heard of any one else making these kinda numbers with the same setup at 5lbs drag kit t3t4oe on a gsr afc fmu fuel pump etc
Old 09-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I never have. The norm on a GSR motor @ 7psi is usually about 240-250whp. The only possible error i could think of is the settings on the dyno? Otherwise those are for sure freak numbers I also wouldnt push it much higher b/c your fuel pressure is allready roughly at 105psi.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (SpoolnG2)

the numbers on dyno are right i am sure of that its a dyno jet dyno that car was on i just think that car reacted to boost really well and the set up was pefect for the motor that is all i can think off
Old 09-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the best thing is its in my light *** eg hatch i hoping for 12's i have slicks too and everything so
Old 09-04-2004, 01:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchbackhonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the graph is a straight climp it doesnt plateau off at all unfortunately i wanna run 8lbs this car should be able to see 320 or more at 8lbs with them numbers but we were on the dyno for a while and we got everything set right and made awesome power so we didnt want to press our luck!!!!!! i think u all understand that one</TD></TR></TABLE>

So the 282.2 is at redline then correct? That is a very respectable number for the setup that is being used but that power isn't very useable if its not till peak right? I am new to the boost thing and I'm just trying to figure out what the bold statement means. Let's see a graph!
Old 09-04-2004, 01:26 PM
TurboJesse

all dyno's vary...weither its the calibration, what gear you made pulls in, etc. See what it traps @ the 1/4 mile...that will tell you
Old 09-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (Mpir3)

i will post the graph whenever i can get my hands on a scanner or i can just take a pic of it with my camera i guess i will post it up tongiht sometime
Old 09-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sometimes boosted cars are wierd when tuning... when i was at the dyno we could turn the thing up 4psi and gain 4whp... other times we turned it up 1psi and it would jump 30whp... you really cant tell how much power you will make by guaging off your dyno sheet... damn good numbers at 5psi though...
Old 09-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (fullracegsr)

Sick #'s.I hope my GSR can come close.
Only GSR I can remember that was on the high side was Dave(VTC Civic)
244whp @ 6psi and 293whp @ 10psi
Man i'd be happy with hitting those #s with 10psi.Good luck.peace.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (Skip01)

thanks i dunno how it did these numbers but i am very happy with the numbers it put down runs like a champ too when i am just rolling in 2nd i can mash and fry the tires through second and roll third till like 7grand then it starts to hook up its a really fun street car!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (Skip01)

From everything I have read/learned... The 270cc injectors have to be maxxed out at 280whp. The fuel pressure with a 12:1 FMU at 5 psi would be at 102?, not so good I would think. Using the vafc would also advance your timing quiet a bit, especially at lower psi. I would be scurd...

Very nice numbers at 5 psi, but GSR motors aren't cheap. I'm just wondering why your not running good fuel management (uberdata/hondata/aem ems)? I have only been boosted 7 months and started out witha chipped ECU, I know lots of people are running or have used FMU's and vafc's with success, but why not chip your ECU and run a free ROM editor or get a stand alone? I just think with the fuel management options we have today, FMU's and vafc's are out of date. A chipped ECU or stand alone will be much safer and you will have full control over everything.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (beerbongskickass)

actually your numbers are a little off my fuel psi under boost is at 105psi and my 270cc injectors are working great i had to remove some fuel on the afc cause it was too rich there are people making 240-260 on stock injecotors and running fine as for the afc being out of date it works great for my setup yea it would be nice to have a aem hondata or power fc (by the way uberdata sux!!!) in my opinion just for the fact there are not to many people that can tune it around my area but aem=1450for the good plug and play+injecotors
hoondata=65for them to chip ecu+445+for the program+plus tuning and

and for my setup my out dated(afc works great)and there is 3 degrees of timing pulled outta my distributor to compensate for that and i am running colder plugs

i have friends running 370injectors fmu vafc fuel pump running 17lbs making 375-400 whp with a head gasket and they dont have problems either
Old 09-04-2004, 03:27 PM

i made the same numbers on my first set up, pretty much the same setup as yours. stock jdm gsr with drag three kit on it. same FMU. no fuel pumb though. made 271. loved it for about two weeks, then i blew the motor. should have listened to the tuner and upgraded fuel and fuel management. but what the hell the car ripped like a mother for those two weeks.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if i go with any type of stand alone system i am not goin with uberdata hondata or any of that if i am gonna spend the money i am goin with a motec system motec owns joo!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2004, 03:55 PM

Please explain why uberdata/hondata sucks? You have full control over everything, fuel, ignition, etc... You can run bigger injectors and don't have to raise your fuel pressure at all. DSM 450cc injectors max out around 300whp give or take a few depending on your setup, so I don't see how your 270's could be working just fine at 280whp, I guess the raised fuel pressure would be kind of like a band aid for that, but still can't be that good. Uberdata/Hondata is a lot safer and you have so much more control over your fuel/ignition than you could ever have with a vafc/fmu setup. I mean crap all you need is a chipped ECU, free ROM editor, chip burner, and a wideband.

Modified by beerbongskickass at 1:07 AM 9/5/2004
Old 09-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results (beerbongskickass)

i didnt say hondata sux by the way i just like uberdata like i said if i go stand alone i am goin motec

Quick Reply: i think we have a freak on our hands my dyno results