Notices

I think im going to throw in the towel...BUT I CANT! ;P

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think im going to throw in the towel...BUT I CANT! ;P

How many of you out there want to do this every other day? How do guys do it? How do you stay in this hobbie!?

I guess I am looking for some kind of motiation to not give up! ;(

Last edited by PeakBoostSi; 12-15-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I think im going to throw in the towel...

Everyone has been great! I have spent the money in all the right places but my bad luck just keeps getting the best of me...
Old 12-14-2009, 12:37 PM
RESIDENT

Throwing in the towel with imports?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

People go to big with there daily drivers is the problem

300whp and the "Keep It Simple Stupid" way of doing things make for a perfect romantic love affair with all my hondas, no bad luck at all
Old 12-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nah i didnt go big...the kit i have is awesome for daily. Its an AC kit from Ken over at PeakBoost i have had this kit since 2003...im just needing some words of encouragement.

I just have BAD luck! Its only a T3/T4 57trimm....

I probably would have been better off if i went big. Weird thing is that i have got nothing but AWESOME support from everyone! The only thing in my life that i have had BAD luck with is Imports and its one of the things i LOVE the most!

Help me stay in it...give me personal experiences, good stories anything!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like everything in life it has ups and downs..really its all going to come down on you. If the good outweighs the bad then push on, but if nothing is working out at all then maybe you should move on..cars arent for everyone...
Old 12-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You shouldn't have to be asking us to help you stay in the game. IMO if you love cars enough/Honda's you wont ever leave the hoppie.. can never have enough cars. What else is there to do. the feeling of driving around in the car you built showing it off is worth all the labor.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It really does seem that way...

I have full control (or at least i think so) of most things in my life. I think my problem is that i know and feel like i can take control of pretty much any problem and "resolve it myself." I cannot do that with cars...unfortunately you have to depend on "others" when you dont have your own shop, equipment, tools, etc...

It's that small piece that I dont have full control in that ultimately causes problems to arise. No one will take as good care of anything as well as the owner...the person who worked hard to save the money and exhaust all means to achieve that goal; in my case a turbo Honda.

It is extremely frustrating to have to depend on others and fully rely/trust in them doing the right thing as if it was their own project. I am sure a lot of you out there (those whose attention this title grabbed) felt the same way and either quit (temporarly, since you are still here) or just LEARNED how to do it all on your own.

THIS is my next step....I cannot avoid it. I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DO ALL THE WORK MYSELF. The problem is i do not have the resoures nor time to start.

For those who "were" successful how did you do it?
Old 12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I do everything myself. other than tune the car. Tho i do have a shop/garage at my house to work out of. plus i live at home. without the right tools it would be pretty hard. i see what your saying tho. i'm young so i have a long way till i quite.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:26 PM

The best advice I have found is save up and buy a junker car as a daily. when your modified car breaks, the pressure is off getting it running again. You can relax and still make it to work, school, or where ever you might be headed. Then you can take your time and build a proper setup that will hopefully give you the least amount of headaches possible. Just remember doing it right does not mean it will not blow up.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, I can't believe that cars as hobbies is actually a "problem", and needs "motivation" to keep going... Haha...

If you need motivation, then you need to find another hobby! Or when the wallet doesn't allow, then save up
Old 12-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go on youtube watch dyno and track videos. i like nyce1s videos
i like this video they are some local guys in my area i guess that why i like it. just gets me pump up so when the winter is over ill go to the track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G2wyZFBwuk
Old 12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hhaha well when you have more than 40k into an Si without including the price you paid for the car...then you will see why I am needed some motivation to keep going...actually just you guys saying i shouldnt need motivation is making want to stay in it...

The bug bit me hard and i have not gotten over it...i just feel like WTF! why can sht just go right for once!

I have done a lot...at one point i owned an S14 and a R33 skyline. I mean at one point cuz that was a nightmare when they seized our cars and wanted to crush them...<---dont ask!

On top of that while fighting all logic i own an S2k that i now have plans on messing with thanks to someone who will remain nameless! haha My wife now wants a turbo rsx that a local shop owner is selling...I mean Fck with all this money i could have paid off my mortgage!

I also have a 20k plus paperweight of a S13 with a full original vertex wide body kit 30mm frnt and 40mm rears with big brakes all around and 18*10 GTC volks in gold...shall I continue? I guess my point is there should be some way to have this all make sense...all of this money that we drop into this! hahha

Do you guys honestly not think about all of this!? I guess i am looking for comfort from others who i know second guess this crazy *** drug called IMPORTS! LOL
Old 12-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i dont think about the money anymore i mean if you dont spend it on cars you'll blow it on something else, plus just thinking of all the money i got im my 95 hatch makes me sick sometimes lol.. im at 18k and counting been sitting for over a year in piece cuz some ******* drunk driver hit me and i havent been able to work.. ive been close to throwin in the towel but my supportive wife really helps me when im ready to burn the garage down lol.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
RESIDENT

I know what your saying. I stepped away for about 2 years oh so do to legal issues from cars. But never once did i wonder if i was going back to the game, but more so a matter of when. I dont think there is a better feeling the pulling up next to a corvette, mustang, firechicken, or any other V8 and knowing that i am going to hand them their ***. When its all said and done and they are looking at my tail lights. I feel like a god
Old 12-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by typerfit
I dont think there is a better feeling the pulling up next to a corvette, mustang, firechicken, or any other V8 and knowing that i am going to hand them their ***. When its all said and done and they are looking at my tail lights. I feel like a god
you need to get laid.

if your sick of your honda buy an evo. 9s on pump/meth and a t3 frame turbo @ full weight with all options, can't beat it.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stay focused danielsan. sell everything... focus on one project.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eggie75
stay focused danielsan. sell everything... focus on one project.
x2! and get a beater for DD use or a newer DD.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ehh, where's the tech?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wmac
ehh, where's the tech?
the tech is tryna learn or figure out why u want to contiune with what you love and sought after befor your feeling now

now to the op and learing how to do everything your self , i can relate to this im 20 turning 21 in about 12 days , im doin a all motor build on my gsr and i can honestly say i dont have a clue what the **** im doin , but i got patients and a helms manual, and search how to do everything on here, witch go a long way if u ask me , and another dd is a must i picked up a civic that i already have boost plans for when im still wroking on my first project. everyday i find myself lookin back and say why did i spend all this money .. but everyday i also look at more parts online, and sighn into paypal , and i also feel your pain about not having a garage ... its freakin cold out , driveway mechanic ftw
Old 12-14-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolinsteve
The best advice I have found is save up and buy a junker car as a daily. when your modified car breaks, the pressure is off getting it running again. You can relax and still make it to work, school, or where ever you might be headed. Then you can take your time and build a proper setup that will hopefully give you the least amount of headaches possible. Just remember doing it right does not mean it will not blow up.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

sounds like you need to shop around more/ buy used parts/ do your own work. 40k into a car and not going all out sounds funny to me.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:29 PM

just dont give up never give up
Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

PRIDE!!! Even if you cant do much, whatever you can do take pride in. When i was 15, i was so proud of myself for installing a cai and throttle body w/o f-ing anything up. Sounds dumb? But it was that self confidence and sense of accomplishment that kept me going and saving all my bob evans paychecks for the next upgrade. Plus, it feels good when i know i can spank the pants off some american muscle. Dont Quit cuz Rehab is 4 quitters!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

During the winter time is when everyone (some) think about getting out of the game as they wont be driving there cars from about mid november till about april. If you are wondering how we do it just look at half the members on here. They either sell, part or trade what they have for a different kind of motor / turbo set up/ honda shell.

If you want to spice it up, why not changing your turbo kit to make more power then 300whp? Maybe grap a new shell. Changing it up sometimes can get exiticting as well. For myself I have been in the "car world" since about 2006. Which in all the years I have owned a DA. Got bored of the DA integra so I picked up a 92 DB2. Started to get bored so I went the boost route in 2008. 2009 I got my turbo set up on with Applied Flow head. 2010 is fully built 83mm b18c1 sleeved block. 2011...new shell?? just try to change it up a little bit! Hope this helped !

Quick Reply: I think im going to throw in the towel...BUT I CANT! ;P