Notices

i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you

I'M GLAD TO SEE SOME OF YOU GUYS LIKE MUSTANGS. THE CAR HAS BEEN IN PRODUCTION FOR THE PAST FORTY YEARS (IT'S A STREET LEGEND). NOW A DAYS; HONDA, TOYOTA, NISSAN, AND OTHER IMPORTS ARE CARRYING ON THE HOT ROD AND MUSCLE CAR IMAGES OF THE 60'S AND 70'S. SOME SUPER- CHARGERS CAN MAKE JUST AS MUCH POWER AS TURBOS, IF NOT MORE, IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE STYLE OF RACING. FOR EXAMPLE, IN TOP FUEL DRAG RACING: ROOTS TYPE- SUPERCHARGERS MAKE OVER 3,000+ HORSEPOWER. FOR STREET RACING (LIGHT TO LIGHT) NOTHING BEATS A ROOTS TYPE SUPERCHARGER, ALL OF WHICH HAVE INSTANT BOOST. ON THE OTHER HAND, CENTRIFUGAL SUPERCHARGERS MAKE THEIR POWER IN THE UPPER RPM BAND LIKE TURBOS. BOTHS SUPERCHARGERS TAKE THEIR POWER FROM THE MOTOR. TRADITIONALLY MOST MUSCLE CARS USE SUPERCHARGERS. TURBOS ARE GOOD, BUT THEY ARE NOT THE END TO ALL MEANS AND IN STREET APPLICATIONS THEY DO MAKE MORE PEAK POWER THAN SUPERCHARGERS, BUT NOT TORQUE. FOR EXAMPLE, MY FRIEND, DOUG, HAS AN '02 'TANG WITH A SALEEN SUPERCHARGER THAT MAKES 350 HORESES TO THE WHEEL AND 400 .LB-FOOT OF TORQUE ON 8 .LBS OF BOOST. THE BOOST KICKS IN AT 1500 RPM, OF WHICH I SAW WITH MY OWN EYES AS THE FRONT SEAT PASSENGER. NO TURBO CAN BEAT THIS LIGHT TO LIGHT.

TURBOS FOR THE TRACK, ROOT CHARGERS FOR THE STREET, AND CENTRIFUGALS FOR THE STREET AND TRACK.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you (Black-Stang)

caps give me a headache... someone wanna make some cliff notes.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:45 PM

Default Re: i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you (Black-Stang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black-Stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TURBOS FOR THE TRACK, ROOT CHARGERS FOR THE STREET, AND CENTRIFUGALS FOR THE STREET AND TRACK. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well put ^
Old 06-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you (98civicguy)

Oooo.Kayyyy.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:09 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you (UNDER PRESSU

Good to see. More muscle car owners need to show the love and respect more often. Most of them are just hard headed. But i gess i understand their plight when they see a stock car with funny taillights and a Folgers can for an exhaust..
Old 06-19-2003, 01:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black-Stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TURBOS FOR THE TRACK, ROOT CHARGERS FOR THE STREET, AND CENTRIFUGALS FOR THE STREET AND TRACK. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Turbos for the track, turbos for the street, and 'centrifugals' for neither.

BTW whats the point to this post again?
Old 06-19-2003, 04:03 PM

Default Re: i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you (Vanilla Ic3)

see the problem with SC's are they make such little power on or 4 bangers. Its hard for d series people to get over 200 whp with a SC but is easily done with a turbo. THe turbo isn't instant but the last thing a honda needs is something that stops pulling when the motor is working at its best in the high revs. Turbos on the other hand can keep going and with ball bearing turbos you have less time. I still don't like sc's on 4 bangers there great for v8's but much more power can be had with a turbo on a 4banger
Old 06-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you (tonesdef)

yup they make so little power because of the parasticness (sp?) of sc's. like u know on our 4's when we turn the a/c on the car bogs a lil, well on most 6's and 8's and such... there is no bog or it's nowhere as noticeable. hehe when i turn my a/c on it feels like i go from 9.6:1 compression to 7:1 compression lol
Old 06-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you (CivicRyda2k)

Superchargers are great, but in certain cases, we have this one problem called traction with our FWD's.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:32 PM
Banned

Default Re: i take my hat off to honda owner's you guy's are real car enthusiast. Some of you (ill_take_one

YOu can make 8 psi of boost at 1500rpm's on a d16 with a t-20 turbo. I know because i did it on a friends car. Its impressive, but the fun soon dies when the car actually starts to brethe, then the turbo is about as much of a restriction as anything. THe point is why? My car has full boost at 3000rpm's and pulls well to 7500rpm's. 18 psi at 3000rpm's makes quite a bit of torque as you could imagine, but i'll find out after this weekend when I install my new clutch as of now all that torque is doing me no good spinning my clutch.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black-Stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FOR EXAMPLE, IN TOP FUEL DRAG RACING: ROOTS TYPE- SUPERCHARGERS MAKE OVER 3,000+ HORSEPOWER. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because tubos were outlawed years ago in Top Fuel. If the technology that exists today was around back then, Top Fuel could be very different from what we now know.