Notices

I only beleive it cause I saw it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I only beleive it cause I saw it!!!

I had a couple of really good freinds that came all the way from Johnson City Tenn. just to race 1 night on the local track here in Montg. Ala. I'd told them for A couple of years how good a track we had do to the lower elevation here. He shows up in an EG DX h/b w/ a bone stock 1.6 VTEC w/ about 150K miles on it. The only external mods he had was an OBX stainless ex mani, an Ebay turbo & down pipe, bigger injectors & AEM EMS on 9 lbs of boost. Oh yea, don't forget the slicks! I was in the staging lane right behind him last night, I watched him launch as I was heading toward the water box & saw that particular run make 12.60 WOW! By the end of the night the thing went a screaming 12.44 @ 110 mph! I drove the car myself earlier that day & now my SC'd R feels slow (JERK!) LOL! Anyway I knew I'd end up in the turbo world before it was all said & done but now he's made me want it much sooner. Good job Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wheres the amazing part? theres lots of turbo Ds runnning those kind of numbers.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NastyHabitzCRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NastyHabitzCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wheres the amazing part? theres lots of turbo Ds runnning those kind of numbers. </TD></TR></TABLE>Well it's impressive to me & thats all that matters! Why do U have to ask the question in such an insulting matter? Thats 1 of the reasons I don't like to post in here very much.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HYREV2NR)

how is that insulting? you only take it that way because i am ill impressed. your friend ran a great time and all, but serioulsy it's not that uncommon now.
the D motor has come along away thanks to guys like your buddy willing to spend the money.
but what, oh what does you swingin his nuts on a tech forum have to do with the rest of us. i had put a smiley at the end of my post to show you that i was saying it in a light way, but YOU turned it into a hater-tech response
Old 11-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HYREV2NR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well it's impressive to me & thats all that matters! Why do U have to ask the question in such an insulting matter? Thats 1 of the reasons I don't like to post in here very much. </TD></TR></TABLE>

calm down spark plug
Old 11-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D@nnY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

calm down spark plug </TD></TR></TABLE>Maybe I need to re-gap? LOL!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NastyHabitzCRX)

If I took something out of context then I'm mature enough to say I'm sorry. It's just something that I never thought possible & freaked out when I saw it.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:46 PM

what kind of turbo was it a internal wastegate or a external wastegate turbo? i'm trying to put a kit together myself
Old 11-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the thing that amazes me is that hes running AEM with an obx turbo, LOL.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: (BB6-213)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BB6-213 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the thing that amazes me is that hes running AEM with an obx turbo, LOL.</TD></TR></TABLE>
WOW!! that is truely amazing.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc_turd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc_turd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WOW!! that is truely amazing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, the ECU is probably worth more than everything else he has in there put together.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HYREV2NR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats 1 of the reasons I don't like to post in here very much. </TD></TR></TABLE>

funny! I feel the same way about the type r forum. They are the elite of the honda enthusiasts yet aren't accredited with accomplishing anything
Old 11-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wonder how long it will last?

who cars though D series motors are stoopid cheap!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sketch_hs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sketch_hs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder how long it will last?

who cars though D series motors are stoopid cheap!</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats exactly why he did it. So far he's running 9 psi daily, but I tuned it for 11, been together for around 3 months now. We'll see how long the rods stay inside ;-)
Old 11-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (88efbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88efbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what kind of turbo was it a internal wastegate or a external wastegate turbo? i'm trying to put a kit together myself</TD></TR></TABLE>External gate &, I think it was a str8 T3 w/ a 47 trim. I'll try to find out for sure if U like.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BB6-213)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BB6-213 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the thing that amazes me is that hes running AEM with an obx turbo, LOL.</TD></TR></TABLE>Man thats a trip ain't it?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EVIL Hx Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL Hx Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, the ECU is probably worth more than everything else he has in there put together. </TD></TR></TABLE>LOL! Yeah, it is! We had a good lagh about it too!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Stewie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stewie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

funny! I feel the same way about the type r forum. They are the elite of the honda enthusiasts yet aren't accredited with accomplishing anything </TD></TR></TABLE>Well I'll probably start a war saying this but oh well. When I first bought my R & attended my first NOPI show in Pigeon Forge back In 2002 I was stunned, culture shock if U will @ the attitudes of some (not all) of the R owners. It made me mad that people were apprehensive in coming to me asking me if it were OK if they could look @, take pics or get some video of my R! I said if I didn't want it to be seen then I wouldn't have it @ a show. Whats funny is the guy & his friend who has the turbo H/B in this thread use to have an R & thats how we met. Along w/ 1 other guy who use to work for Lokar Performance. The other guy who had the turbo R who wound up on the cover of SCC mag. in June of 2003 was the biggest jerk U'd ever wanna meet! Sorry for such a lengthy post. WHEW!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sketch_hs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sketch_hs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder how long it will last?

who cars though D series motors are stoopid cheap!</TD></TR></TABLE>Yes true very cheap & I want to know how long it'll last but he drives the thing like a granpa during the week.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats exactly why he did it. So far he's running 9 psi daily, but I tuned it for 11, been together for around 3 months now. We'll see how long the rods stay inside ;-)</TD></TR></TABLE>Thanks for the vouch Jared! By the way, U ready to tune my R? I'm going turbo! Rob & Terry twisted my arm. REAL HARD!!! It still hurts! LOL
Old 11-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Jared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats exactly why he did it. So far he's running 9 psi daily, but I tuned it for 11, been together for around 3 months now. We'll see how long the rods stay inside ;-)</TD></TR></TABLE>
This is the b16 your talking about? I would hope that the rods would stay inside on only 9psi...
Old 11-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

Sounds like a fun car. Nothin like putting little money into something and getting a whole lot out of it. I always seemed to have way more fun with my budget building ways, than with high dollar stuff.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This is the b16 your talking about?</TD></TR></TABLE>......D16.......
Old 11-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HYREV2NR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the vouch Jared! By the way, U ready to tune my R? I'm going turbo! Rob & Terry twisted my arm. REAL HARD!!! It still hurts! LOL </TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, let me know when you're ready.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This is the b16 your talking about? I would hope that the rods would stay inside on only 9psi...</TD></TR></TABLE>

nothing that fancy, single cam here.

Quick Reply: I only beleive it cause I saw it!!!