Notices

i need some serious help guys...............Turbo set up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 01:18 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need some serious help guys...............Turbo set up!

Ok i know i can buy several kits, but i found it's alot more cost effective if i get a custom turbo set up. Then i can pick and choose the parts i want. I have a b18b and im preparing to go turbo. This is my everyday driver, i drive over 300miles a week. Should i get a kit or should i piece together a kit and get quality parts. im only looking for a reliable 6-7 ponuds just enough to scare someone on the street. Maybe when i get another car i'll think about building the motor but no time soon. so please tell me your opinions. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need some serious help guys...............Turbo set up! (HybridcivicLS-T)

Putting together a kit is not hard. You just have to find out what parts you want to run and gather them together. The hardest part would be intercooler piping and downpipe. Depending on the products you choose for your custom kit, it may or may not exceed the cost of say a rev-hard or drag kit. For 6-7 psi, i think a kit would be perfect for you since you don't plan on running high boost and the products provided in the kit would be adequate for what you are trying to do. Hope that helps, Paul
Old 01-09-2003, 01:38 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: i need some serious help guys...............Turbo set up! (TurboD16Z6)

well tony1 at joe tech told me the rev hard will do me just fine. but i don't like fmu's they arent that great to me. I like the Greddy kit in a way because it is legal and a simple kit to put together. I just was told there are a lot more ways to spend my money instead of Greddy and i can get my money's worth. But i really dont plan on running more boost than that. I am pretty concret on that issue. When i had my juice i had plenty of pills but i never changed them. So i know im going to stick with 6 or 7psi. THAT'S IT
Old 01-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need some serious help guys...............Turbo set up! (HybridcivicLS-T)

at only 6-7psi, an fmu would work great. If you want to extract maximum power at 6-7 psi, then a stand alone such as hondata work work best for you. I can also get you a rev-hard kit for a good deal. Paul
Old 01-10-2003, 07:58 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: i need some serious help guys...............Turbo set up! (TurboD16Z6)

How much of a good deal?
Old 01-10-2003, 08:21 AM

How much of a good deal?
A salesman's worst nightmare are those six words.
I think your getting into it for the wrong reson, and your going to spend money tou'll regret once you get hooked and want to turn up the boost. Do you really think all of us wanted to be spending thousand upon thousands building turbo cars? Most of us are addicted to this like crackheads. I got addicted with a Talon now I'm addicted to Honda's with boost. I need my car get out while your still SANE!!!
J/K I'd go with the Apexi kit it seems to be the best from what I can tell even with the FMU. You can always go standalone later when "I" know you'll want to turn up the boost. Greddy's good but you pay for what you get there. Can't beat a ball bearing turbo for that price in a kit. If your really looking to save money go custom with a standalone, but you'll have to save longer. MY $.o2.

[Modified by tzsir, 11:22 AM 1/10/2003]
Old 01-10-2003, 08:37 AM

Default Re: i need some serious help guys...............Turbo set up! (tzsir)

I think your getting into it for the wrong reson, and your going to spend money tou'll regret once you get hooked and want to turn up the boost. Do you really think all of us wanted to be spending thousand upon thousands building turbo cars? Most of us are addicted to this like crackheads. I got addicted with a Talon now I'm addicted to Honda's with boost. I need my car get out while your still SANE!!!
J/K I'd go with the Apexi kit it seems to be the best from what I can tell even with the FMU. You can always go standalone later when "I" know you'll want to turn up the boost. Greddy's good but you pay for what you get there. Can't beat a ball bearing turbo for that price in a kit. If your really looking to save money go custom with a standalone, but you'll have to save longer. MY $.o2.
Listen to him, he took the words right out of my mouth. You WILL want to turn up the boost the first time it kicks in. Save money in the long run and do it right the first time. Get a good kit that is going to last and produce a lot of boost. Otherwise, when you are a boost "crackhead," you'll have to do it all over again.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:49 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: i need some serious help guys...............Turbo set up! (Tony Starks)

yeah i have the money to do it. Tony1 will do the set up for me. I had juice on my last car and that was like a drug. Filling the bottle up 2 and 3 times a week. Filling up sat morning for street races and empty on my way to church the next...lol. I was tolerate and didn't up the pill size, but i "plan" on staying at 6-7psi because i drive to much and to far everyday. So that why i haven't decided if it's better to go custom or just get everything i want and if i do want to boost more just turn it up.