Notices

I need some advise from you guys and gals.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some advise from you guys and gals.

First, and before we go any further, I know a good bit about turbocharging, but i'm just not comfortable with it right now since i've never actually put a turbo combination together yet. I don't street race, nor do I run pump gas in my race car. I am on a slim budget also.

I'm trying to find out what a stock B18B bottom end can handle as far as horsepower levels? I will only run C12 or C16 racing fuel. I do have a PR3 head I could put on it also.

The reason I ask is because my race car (da integra) doesn't have a motor in it right now, and I would also like to quit using nitrous since i've become tired of worrying about it screwing me.

I would like to run a Holset HX35 unit. I am considering not putting an intercooler in the front grille, but instead mounting it somewhere else in the engine bay. Not sure, but will more than likely put it in the front grille location anyhow.

Not sure about which injector size I should run. I'm also not sure if using the B18B tranny that is attached to the B18B motor is a pure performance reducer or not when it comes to turbocharging.

I just don't know which parts (BOV, wastegate, etc) are junk and which are of good quality and at an affordable price.

I just need some advise.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need some advise from you guys and gals.

that's a lot of different questions...

stock b18b .. different people will tell you different things, but 250 up to about 300 is probably the ranges you will hear....

the hx35 is a great unit... can be had for fairly cheap too... why don't you want a front mount?? you can do sidemounts or top mount IC's, however, the "norm" is usually a "norm" for a reason

injector depends on your power goal... knowing that number will help determine what size to run...

TIAL units are reasonably priced... if you're on a budget, keep an eye on the market place... some good deals to be had..

now someone who really knows what they are talking about can probably help you out