Notices

I need help running my oil lines for my turbo...and help with the check valves

Old 10-26-2002, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help running my oil lines for my turbo...and help with the check valves

I have a 96 civic with an LS swap(b18b)..Can anybody tell me what kind of oil lines and fittings I may need to run my oil return and the other oil line from the block. I know i have to drill the oil pan for the return line and I have to screw a fitting into some hole next to the oil filter...Can someone please help me and tell me what I need...I also need help installing my Turbo Check Valves..What parts do I need exactly?...Thanks
Old 10-26-2002, 07:50 PM
filetofit

Default Re: I need help running my oil lines for my turbo...and help with the check valves (B18PoweredCivic)

For the check valves go to a pet store that carries aquarium supplies and get three check valves. Then go down to the auto parts store and get a vacuum line tee with one output inline with the input and three coming off the side. Take three short pieces of vacuum hose and attach them to the three outputs and put the check valves on the other end of the short pieces. Orient them so they can blow air out but not suck air in. Then cut your vacuum hose going from the manifold to the MAP sensor and install the tee inline.

For the turbo supply line you'll need a 1/8 male NPT, two 1/8 female NPT tee. screw the male part of the tee into the oil pressure sensor hole on the back of the block. Then you'll need some AN fittings.

Shopping list

3 pet store check valves
1 vacuum tee with inline input and output and 3 outputs on the side.

For the oil supply line:

1 brass tee, 1/8 male NPT, 2 x 1/8 female NPT
2 aluminum AN to NPT fittings, 1/8 male NPT to -3AN male.
about 3 or 4 feet of stainless steel braided -3AN hose
2 hose ends, -3AN female
1 turbo oil input flange, 1/8 NPT female

for the return line:

1 aluminum AN to NPT fitting, 1/2 male NPT to -10AN male.
1 foot of stainless steel braided -10AN hose
2 hose ends, -10AN female
1 turbo oil output flange, 1/2 NPT female
1 aluminum weld on -10AN male bung (for oil pan) or -10AN male bulkhead fitting

You may need some elbow type hose ends instead of straight for going around obstructions etc.

I've got an oil return line for sale:https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=316667
Comes with some elbows, they are expensive.

You can order what you need from

http://www.amstreetrod.com

Old 10-26-2002, 11:21 PM

Default Re: I need help running my oil lines for my turbo...and help with the check valves (filetofit)

The oil pressure sensor on the block isn't in NPT, is BSPT, so you need a 1/8th bspt to 1/8th npt adaptor, then the tee, then the line

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=232145
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=114436
Old 10-27-2002, 09:12 AM
filetofit

Default Re: I need help running my oil lines for my turbo...and help with the check valves (johnisenglish)

I used an NPT tee on the block without the adapter and I didn't have any problem. No leaks. Honeymoon fit.
Old 10-27-2002, 12:19 PM

Default Re: I need help running my oil lines for my turbo...and help with the check valves (filetofit)

but try taking it out and putting your stock sensor back in, there's a good chance that you've cross threaded it, and nothing will really fit right
Old 10-28-2002, 06:54 AM

Default Re: I need help running my oil lines for my turbo...and help with the check valves (B18PoweredCivic)

If you want my check valves, I'll sell them for $25. It is the entire unit that bolts right on to an LS Integra. Has the metal bracket, hose, tees, and 4 check valves. Its already put together. You just need to unscrew 2 bolts and screw them back on. I just took them off last night because I am getting hondata. Never got a boost check light at 7psi.

Thanks - Chris