Notices

I need help from the ls/vtec turbo people? Best fuel options for a built ls/vtec?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help from the ls/vtec turbo people? Best fuel options for a built ls/vtec?

Here s the deal. I have a good friend who is falling head first over going faster. he started with stock ls integra now it is going to be a monster. He has a big t3 (whatever that is) and for fuel he is using rc 320's, 10:1 fmu, safc, fuel pump, and fpr. That is my problem with hs plans for the future. Keep in mind, he is building the head and doing the rods/pistons/blockguard treatment on the block. He has a 2.5 greddy exhaust and starion intercooler. He is planning on running 11 psi daily and 14 at the track. I am don't know alot about the b18 but i here it is fairly strong. I am saying that his fuel magament would suck for his potiential in what h is spending his money on. Am I right? Honestly, I know I would not go that route with my sohc. I figure there are better set-ups for about the same if ot aittle more but be far supierior to safc tunning. Any advice would help, and if you happen to see another area where he can increase power , well, thanks. He dosen't beleive in this website so let me prove to him heis wrong. This place kicks *** because I know there are other people lovin boost. Anyway, Thanks again
Old 01-21-2003, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need help from the ls/vtec turbo people? Best fuel options for a built ls/vtec? (CivicSoul)

You see it's hard to answer that because DIYer's can build an entire standalone system for about $150. That beats any of the "hack" crap by a far shot. Not to mention you can still use most of your stock equipement with it. I'd say use the set-up he has planned if he doesn't want to spend the money to get a Hondata. I would buy a Hondata in his case, but that's me.