Notices

I need help/info about clutches for turbo B16A.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help/info about clutches for turbo B16A.

SO ive got a stock clutch on my turbo B16A along with a B18C tranny. Went for a drive the other day..more of a rip and the clutch was cooking smelt like a crackhouse in my car. I was recommended a stage 3 clutch so i need to know what brands specific i should go ahead with.

Can i just buy an after market stage 2,3 clutch disc, use my stock pressure plate, and get a lighter flywheel? OR would i be better off buying a whole stage 2,3 kit? I have no idea. Ive changed clutches before but that was on my em2 stock replacement for clutch disc alone. so help me out a little thanks!

ALSO Someone gimme tips/suggestions on how I would know my clutch is wearing/dying slowly? Besides slipping out of gears very low clutch pedal feel etc. Anything more specific? I know I've got a few months left depending how I drive it but I gotta have it done anyways thanks.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I need help/info about clutches for turbo B16A.

no help?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ok man i am going to say get a comp stage 4, 6puck with springs. i have a turbo b16 at 7psi it works awesome. I have the stock fly wheel also. The stock clutch wont last much longer unless you stay out of boost. If you need to find a place to buy the comp clutch kit PM me i will send you to the person i bought mine from was cheapst i could find around 325 for the whole kitt. G.l
Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There are several handling capacity in each stage.. it all depends on the brands/models.. so you cant choose a clutch by their stage? you can only choose a clutch by their capacity to handle more or less torque.. it all depend on how much power you push..
Old 09-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a fidanza flywheel and a lsd motorsports 6 puck sprung clutch and youll be very happy.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scrooge
SO ive got a stock clutch on my turbo B16A along with a B18C tranny. Went for a drive the other day..more of a rip and the clutch was cooking smelt like a crackhouse in my car. I was recommended a stage 3 clutch so i need to know what brands specific i should go ahead with.

Can i just buy an after market stage 2,3 clutch disc, use my stock pressure plate, and get a lighter flywheel? OR would i be better off buying a whole stage 2,3 kit? I have no idea. Ive changed clutches before but that was on my em2 stock replacement for clutch disc alone. so help me out a little thanks!

ALSO Someone gimme tips/suggestions on how I would know my clutch is wearing/dying slowly? Besides slipping out of gears very low clutch pedal feel etc. Anything more specific? I know I've got a few months left depending how I drive it but I gotta have it done anyways thanks.
Purchase the whole kit, you're gonna be better off. As for the stage that you'd need, how much power do you plan on making ? We deal with every clutch company on the market now a days so we can help you out first hand, and get you a good price on a clutch.

You'd know if your clutch is dieing, or slipping if you put load on it and the rpm's go up but your mph stay the same ( kind of like a burn out ) .