Notices

I need help I am Very confused...please give me your opinions!.........mainly for LS-Turbo's and Gsr

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 05:25 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help I am Very confused...please give me your opinions!.........mainly for LS-Turbo's and Gsr

I am in the postion where i have money but not sure how to spend it. A week ago i had an LS, but it didn't come in so i got my money back. Now im thinking about going B18C. I have the money for the B18C but i'll be close to broke and eventually im going turbo. I could buy an LS right know and have enough to go turbo. Should i save a little more money and just wait on the Gsr then go turbo or buy the Ls now and get strapped for turbo.

I know alot of people wish they could be in the postion im in, and im thankful that i am. I am just confused and i dont know how to spend my money. Thanks in advance for your post.

[Modified by HybridcivicLS-T, 8:26 AM 1/17/2003]
Old 01-17-2003, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need help I am Very confused...please give me your opinions!.........mainly for LS-Turbo's and

well think about it like this, if you get the GSR, time to change screen names
I enjoy my gsrT in my coupe. I've never had experience with a LS turbo, so i can't say one is better than the other.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:50 AM

Default Re: I need help I am Very confused...please give me your opinions!.........mainly for LS-Turbo's and

All things remaining constant..........a GSR will make more power.

Old 01-17-2003, 05:52 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

in my last car i had a GSR that's what my name was at first, but i recked it. so i was in the process of LS but i didn't come in so i might hae to change my name . But im just confused.
Old 01-17-2003, 09:47 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

ttt
Old 01-17-2003, 09:56 AM

I would go the Ls-turbo, since you have enough money for both. If you want vtec that bad, you can always get a gsr or type R head afterwards and throw that on. Put it this way, you have enough for Ls-turbo which will wreck a stock gsr. Yes a gsr with a turbo is better, but since you dont have enough, I would just get the Ls and get turbo, plus its easier to find replacements parts and are generally cheaper, if you want a block and other parts.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:04 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

well i know that, It doesnt take me long to save money and im not going to turbo the ls immediatly ill get around to do it eventually. But i figure if Gsr is that much better with turbo, I might as well justg save a little longer and build a good quality turbo set up. Im think about the future. I know i can get a ls-t right now but which would be better in the future.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:41 AM

the gsr does make more power, but the key is where do you want the power?
you could build a killer LS turbo setup that is perfect for low and midrange
or you could get a GSR that makes more power, but is only happy in the topend
just depends what you want
either is a good choice
Old 01-17-2003, 11:03 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Im looking more towards the torqu"e" side of the ball. only time i would use it for topend is on the freeway which is something i wont do unless late at night. im kinda leanin back to the ls side because ive been looking at post of people that have gsr turbo and thir torque isnt even over 200. like 185. I remember reading a post Tony1 tuned your car and your numbers...well torque numbers were great.

I think 220whp-205or210lb/ft.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:05 AM

don't say that. My gsr motor makes 221ft. lbs at 10psi on pump gas. Stock head.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:13 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

what kind of fmu do you have
Old 01-17-2003, 11:15 AM

Vortech FMU 12:1 disk, rc 440's, missing link, safc, 255lph pump
Old 01-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your AF ratio is around 13.5 up top. I always thought you didn't really want to go over 12.5 on a turbo car and pump gas. Good #s, but isn't 13.5 a little lean?

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!
Old 01-17-2003, 11:46 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

well i plan on running standalone from the get go. Im just not sure what i want to do. Those numbers are pretty good Im just trying to figure out if it's worth the extra 1500 dollars for the gsr. I can pay 2000 for an entire ls swap.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:47 AM

it is alittle lean. I can't argue with that at all. I talked with inline today about it after looking at the dyno sheet. The car in daily form is actually the green line. bottom dyno results= 317hp and 219.2ft lbs of torque. Green line doesn't go above 13 which is still safe.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:49 AM

well i plan on running standalone from the get go. Im just not sure what i want to do. Those numbers are pretty good Im just trying to figure out if it's worth the extra 1500 dollars for the gsr. I can pay 2000 for an entire ls swap.
Well than do the damn LS swap and turbo. 1500 is alot and you could do more with it sure wish i had 1500 extra, i would have got the damn standalone then.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:57 AM

are u running a T3/T04e?
those torque numbers are higher because you are running a larger turbo at 10 psi

my torque was 210 ft-lb @ 10 psi on a considerably smaller t3/t04b
220 whp
Old 01-17-2003, 12:30 PM

A gsr turbo would be great, I hope to get one someday. But like someone said earlier get what you can get now. Ls turbo is great I am not at all one bit disapointed with mine. Besides once you get 250+ its all about traction and driving. Plus you blow up a ls you cran laugh about it go to a junkyard pay 400 bucks get a new one. DO the same to gsr and its going to hit you a little harder.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:45 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

yeah i know. I calculated everthing last night. I have around $4800 to spend. i actually have a friend that wants to sell me his brand new precsion turbo 57trim i think it's a t3/t04b im not sure for $550. Im just not sure will i be happier in the long run with a ls or gsr. or will they both be about equal........FYI i dont plan on running no more than 6-7 because it my everyday driver. not untill i get another car
Old 01-17-2003, 01:04 PM

are u running a T3/T04e?
those torque numbers are higher because you are running a larger turbo at 10 psi

my torque was 210 ft-lb @ 10 psi on a considerably smaller t3/t04b
220 whp
No, I run a T04E 60-1. I wasn't comparing our numbers, just saying that a gsr can make good torque. Also, my block is built, if yours isn't that plays a roll also. But you have good numbers
Old 01-17-2003, 01:23 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Im not trying to build my block up no time soon i just want something fun and reliable and get more bang for the buck. So ls-right know or GSR later.(only a few months literally 3 months)
Old 01-17-2003, 01:30 PM

well if it's just mainly for street use and your not planning on building it, go with the LS block, you enjoy it.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:34 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

That's what i needed to know i just want to scare people on the street. Mainly a daily driven car. The only reason im going standalone is so i dont have to worry about those stupid little problems that people talk about. Im just going to do it right the first time. Thanx
Old 01-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got a ls turbo with a tiny *** IHI turbo and I made 238hp and 227 ft-lbs on 10psi. It made 200 ft-lbs around 4k rpms. mmm....

It's easy because there is no vtec to work out and the compression is more boost friendly. As soon as I get a hondata, I plan on running 14psi daily. Call me crazy.

LS

Oh, here's my graph. You won't see anything like that on a GSR. I'm not bragging or talking **** I'm just saying that the graph will be more linear and less of a bell curve.

Let me say that I do hit the rev limit often but I'll get around that after I upgrade the valve train and raise the rev limit with the Hondata. I doubt I'll make much more power up top but maybe some cams will let it happen. I'll probably be out of my turbos range at that point though.

[Modified by glagola1, 2:15 AM 1/18/2003]
Old 01-17-2003, 05:21 PM

I've got a ls turbo with a tiny *** IHI turbo and I made 238hp and 227 ft-lbs on 10psi. It made 200 ft-lbs around 4k rpms. mmm....

It's easy because there is no vtec to work out and the compression is more boost friendly. As soon as I get a hondata, I plan on running 14psi daily. Call me crazy.

LS

Oh, here's my graph. You won't see anything like that on a GSR. I'm not bragging or talking **** I'm just saying that the graph will be more linear and less of a bell curve.

Let me say that I do hit the rev limit often but I'll get around that after I upgrade the valve train and raise the rev limit with the Hondata. I doubt I'll make much more power up top but maybe some cams will let it happen. I'll probably be out of my turbos range at that point though.

[Modified by glagola1, 2:15 AM 1/18/2003]
what other mods have you made to your car, and what is your cr?

Quick Reply: I need help I am Very confused...please give me your opinions!.........mainly for LS-Turbo's and Gsr