Notices

i need an EMU should i go hondata or aem ems??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i need an EMU should i go hondata or aem ems??

my setup right now is

1993 Civic hatch

B18c1 block
Cp 9.0:1 Comp Pistons
84mm AEBS t-sleeves
cometic 84mm hg
JE rods
New piston and rod bearings
Stock GSR crank

Stock b18c1 head

Drag Turbo kit
Precision T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo (blew seals on orginal drag turbo so went bigger)
Drag Intercooler
Tial wastegate 35mm
Blitz BOV

MSD Digital 6
p72 obd1 ecu
RC 440cc injectors
Inline pro fuel rail
Apexi VAFC
Greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller
Greddy auto timer
Apexi a/f gauge
Apexi boost gauge
Apexi egt gauge *
Apexi oil temp gauge *
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
ACT stage 4 clutch and pressure plate
Fidanza Flywheel *
Vortech 12.1 FMU *took this out already!
Drag Check valves
GM 3bar Map sensor *getting this when it gets tuned

* Not installed yet

i can get hondata s200 w/ boost for 495 from the guy who is gonna tune my car at AR fabrications in NOVA, already got a p28 ecu to use as well.. he said if he was to tune the car w/ the vafc he would need 2 hours of dyno time, is hondata or ems a lot easier to tune and faster? i would like to get it tuned asap but i dont want to blow away 300$ for the vafc tuning when it can go towards the hondata or aem tuning.. ok so basically this thread is to ask you guys what you think would be better for my setup. i want to have it tuned to about 15 psi for street and turn it up some when at the track, my goal is 400hp but i know i cant do that yet w/ the injectors i have or without a good EMU..

btw here is a pic of my car.. i basically built the whole car for my old roomate and he had to get rid of it so i got an great deal on it considering all the money he put into it.

Modified by Boostfedb18c1 at 4:23 PM 4/5/2004
Old 04-05-2004, 09:53 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most of the guys will say HONDATA.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:17 AM

Default Re: (SIK IN DA HED)

Save yourself some money and get Hondata. AEM EMS is more full race application not daily driver. Nice setup.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:45 AM

Default Re: (dainteg)

Why the **** would he tune the hondata via a VFAC?

Or am i not reading this right?

i can get hondata s200 w/ boost for 495 from the guy who is gonna tune my car at AR fabrications in NOVA, already got a p28 ecu to use as well.. he said if he was to tune the car w/ the vafc he would need 2 hours of dyno time, is hondata or ems a lot easier to tune and faster? i would like to get it tuned asap but i dont want to blow away 300$ for the vafc tuning when it can go towards the hondata or aem tuning.. ok so basically this thread is to ask you guys what you think would be better for my setup. i want to have it tuned to about 15 psi for street and turn it up some when at the track, my goal is 400hp but i know i cant do that yet w/ the injectors i have or without a good EMU..

thats not a bad price, but wired speed is a bit cheaper for the hondatata unit, if u can get a p28 for under 50 bucks, maby might be hard to find, but not a bad deal on the hondata, i would go with that, or like the DIY would say URBERDATE OWNS YO!
Old 04-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Or am i not reading this right?

thats not a bad price, but wired speed is a bit cheaper for the hondatata unit, if u can get a p28 for under 50 bucks, maby might be hard to find, but not a bad deal on the hondata, i would go with that, or like the DIY would say URBERDATE OWNS YO!</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why the **** would he tune the hondata via a VFAC?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no he isnt going to tune the hondata w/ the vafc. i was sayin i didnt want to have the car tuned 2 times, first with the vafc and then a few months later w/ hondata.. i already have a p28 ecu that can be chipped, it currently has a kenji spec itr chip in it now.. uberdata would be nice but i dont want to buy all the hardware needed to do it, and then still need to get it on a dyno to make sure its right..

anyone want to tune my car w/ uberdata in the NOVA area? ill pay ya and also get you some beer!
Old 04-05-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: (Boostfedb18c1)

aem, and upgrae that turbo kit to suit that beautiful block
Old 04-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94goldjungsr)

AEM, without a doubt.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94goldjungsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aem, and upgrae that turbo kit to suit that beautiful block</TD></TR></TABLE>

upgrade that turbo kit?? ive already upgraded the turbo cause the seals went bad on the drag turbo that came in the kit.. i would like a bigger intercooler at some point but not sure if its worth it right now at the stage im at now.. a fullrace manifold would be cherry also but besides that, what else can i upgrade on the kit? bigger piping? larger wastegate?? this car is a hobby, and without any type of sponsership being young it can get expensive im sure you know what i mean..
Old 04-05-2004, 01:23 PM

I went from a Haltech to a AEM EMS, and even though it hasn't ran yet, buy the EMS and be done...
Old 04-05-2004, 01:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfedb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone want to tune my car w/ uberdata in the NOVA area? ill pay ya and also get you some beer!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wish me and Danl lived there.....Free Beer and car tuning, thats our speciality!!! haha
Old 04-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (TravSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mildly interesting &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I went from a Haltech to a AEM EMS, and even though it hasn't ran yet, buy the EMS and be done...</TD></TR></TABLE>

i like the aem but im not sure im going to some of the features it has like the data logging.. if i get w/ hondata ill get the boost option of course and later this summer get the 3 step rev..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wish me and Danl lived there.....Free Beer and car tuning, thats our speciality!!! haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

PA isnt that far.. if you got all the stuff to tune the car w/ uberdata, i would pay for your gas and take care of you while you were down here...
Old 04-05-2004, 02:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfedb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

upgrade that turbo kit?? ive already upgraded the turbo cause the seals went bad on the drag turbo that came in the kit.. i would like a bigger intercooler at some point but not sure if its worth it right now at the stage im at now.. a fullrace manifold would be cherry also but besides that, what else can i upgrade on the kit? bigger piping? larger wastegate?? this car is a hobby, and without any type of sponsership being young it can get expensive im sure you know what i mean..</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you by any chance have an iroc as your 2nd car?
Old 04-05-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Re: i need an EMU should i go hondata or aem ems?? (Boostfedb18c1)

I am not too familiar with the EMS, but i recently purchased hondata s200. I have LS/Vtec with drag and 750cc RC injectors and some other little things and at 14lbs boost with half 100 octain and half 91 octain i got 350whps... The only thing i don;t like about the hondata is every time you get something new and want minor change you need to pay to have that dyno.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Re: i need an EMU should i go hondata or aem ems?? (Boostfedb18c1)

Let's put it this way, I would not by any means use money on a piggyback, when you can get a standalone like hondata or AEM. It dosen't matter which one, but with a standalone you never have to upgrade your ECU again besauce you allready got the best...

Thats just me.

/PH
Old 04-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i need an EMU should i go hondata or aem ems?? (PH_B16-VTi)

But hondata is a piggy back

Start flaming away hondata lovers.....muahahhahahaaaa
Old 04-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94goldjungsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you by any chance have an iroc as your 2nd car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope why do you ask?? but i am looking for another car for a daily driver

does honda s200 come w/ a p28 ecu for the 495 price on there site? or do i need to use the one i have??
Old 04-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfedb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nope why do you ask?? but i am looking for another car for a daily driver

does honda s200 come w/ a p28 ecu for the 495 price on there site? or do i need to use the one i have??</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope p28 not included use the one you have.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

will hondata controll vtech engagement point? and do you have to dyno the car to tunne it? i have been peicing together a turbo kit. comp upgrade is one of the last things i need and im broke.. how much will it run me to get the dyno.. is it the same with Emanage?
thanks for the help
Old 04-05-2004, 07:01 PM

Default Re: i need an EMU should i go hondata or aem ems?? (PH_B16-VTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PH_B16-VTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> you can get a standalone like hondata
/PH</TD></TR></TABLE>

ohh man...
Old 04-05-2004, 08:02 PM

Default Re: i need an EMU should i go hondata or aem ems?? (Sulli)

I see people trying to convert to OBD2 so they can run EMS. Is this cause they got a deal on an OBD2 EMS, or because EMS requires OBD2.

My final answer is go with whatever your tuner is comfortable with. That being said, plenty of people have achieved your power goals with hondata.
-PHiZ