Notices

i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price?

ok so first off i would like to say please keep the flaming to a minimum . im not saying im going to go out tomorow and buy this i just want some opinions on the parts included in the kit seems like a pretty nice kit with lots included (-engine mangagment) but iwas browsing like usual and thought id get some opinions of this guys stuff.

hers the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

just take a look it wont kill you. lol.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price? (hondalover91crx)

This has been covered 100000000x times.
The turbo, turbo manifold, bov, wastegate are all useless.
Btw, the turbo is not pictured.

I have seen ssac, xspower manifolds fail within 24 hours of install.
I have seen the turbos fail on start up.

How do I know this ?
People bring me cars all the time to tune on this garbage.
Some of the cars actually make power as they should & don't fall apart instantly.
They eventually call me telling me about the manifold or turbo failure they had.

I tell them "I told you to sell that garbage."
Old 12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price? (mtber)

this is what i wondered. i realize that the ebay thing has been covered more times than eg hatches on h-t but i really just wanted to know if this guys stuff is different and who is supplying this garbage..i intially assumed it was all coming from the same place. but the manifolds all have slight variations to them. maybe my eyes deseve me.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price? (hondalover91crx)

If you gotta ask...... then stay away.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price? (RCautoworks)

this is my favorite part:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eBay Seller &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(PLEASE NOTE: THE OIL LINE KIT SHOWN IN THE PHOTOS IS NOT INCLUDED - INSTEAD YOU WILL RECEIVE A FUEL PRESS REGULATOR)</TD></TR></TABLE>

does this mean i can oil my turbo with fuel?

Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price? (WrongWD)

I should post pictures of a local guys ebay kit failure. The entire collector and two runners failed, and the turbo seized.....all in one day.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price? (RC000E)

I'm going to be the first to say out of all of these ssac threads, that the guy who created this ****...is a pure genius hes probably sitting pretty right about now after selling this crap.

im just going to say buy it...I dont care anymore.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Man U FTW

First post has been edited....be sure to read this one because its different than the typical SSAC post
Old 12-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Do you even PLEBE R8?

Default Re: i know i know another ebay turbo kit thread...but how for this price? (TIGboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TIGboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that the guy who created this ****...is a pure genius </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ripping off another good design with inferior products for half the price isnt something new. Look at kia's and hyundias lol.

Anyway, im surprised that they include so much in this kit. Honestly, for a mild setup you could buy this kit and use all the misc hardware ic, piping, fittings, etc. and then upgrade mani, turbo, wastegate and have a pretty cheap kit pieced together overall. Quality will still be ebay standard but quanity is pretty good for the price.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondalover91crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so first off i would like to say please keep the flaming to a minimum . im not saying im going to go out tomorow and buy this i just want some opinions on the parts included in the kit seems like a pretty nice kit with lots included (-engine mangagment) but iwas browsing like usual and thought id get some opinions of this guys stuff.

hers the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

just take a look it wont kill you. lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>

something seems real fishy about this. that price i just think is too good to be true, if you can actually say that about the junk that comes with it,

but it also says it comes with "cams and pulleys"???? i would be scared to use any of those parts considering it is a "complete" turbo kit that also comes with an intake and cams etc.... something just seems like there is gonna be like some major bs once you recieve it.

but i see your point its very cheap and alot of those parts could be used, if you scrap the manifold, turbo, bov, and wastegate you could actually use the other parts and probably make out ok.