Notices

i have a turbo kit home made and have a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a turbo kit home made and have a question

I would like to run 6 or 7 pounds of boost and a intercooler and bov. So what do I need for fuel, dsm injectors or 12:1 fpr or black box? 91 crx si stock with 141000 on the clock thank you, looking for some parts to complete kit

Modified by boston's_rex at 9:00 PM 11/5/2006
Old 10-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Re: i have a turbo kit home made and have a question (boston's_rex)

hello easy question
Old 10-24-2006, 10:35 AM

DSM 450cc injectors, chipped ECU, turboedit...
Old 10-24-2006, 10:40 AM

Default Re: i have a turbo kit home made and have a question (scB20teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scB20teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DSM 450cc injectors, chipped ECU, turboedit...</TD></TR></TABLE> turboedit?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Turboedit: Form of engine management like hondata, AEM, Neptune.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: i have a turbo kit home made and have a question (awdgsx96)

even for 6 pounds of boost i need engine management ?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:56 PM

You dont have to get fuel management but it all depends on where you like your ringlands.I prefer mine on the pistons in one piece and not in my oil pan or in the hole in the block the rod made on its way to freedom.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boston’s_rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">even for 6 pounds of boost i need engine management ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, engine management is always needed when boosting your car, no matter how many pounds of boost your running.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i have a turbo kit home made and have a question (pgmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pgmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You dont have to get fuel management but it all depends on where you like your ringlands.I prefer mine on the pistons in one piece and not in my oil pan or in the hole in the block the rod made on its way to freedom.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol

Old 10-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boston’s_rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">even for 6 pounds of boost i need engine management ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did a 6 pound rock fall on your head?

Welcome to 2006, there is no excuse not to run 'engine management'. There are so many options out there now.. VAFCs and FMUs are obsolete.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:38 AM

Default Re: i have a turbo kit home made and have a question (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did a 6 pound rock fall on your head?

Welcome to 2006, there is no excuse not to run 'engine management'. There are so many options out there now.. VAFCs and FMUs are obsolete.</TD></TR></TABLE> why is almost everyone an ******* or a comedian in Honda-tech do you know how many times i have read someone say they used injectors or fpr or blue box for low boost you know dump extra fuel in and run a little rich,so i guess no one does this any more right? i love Honda's they are easy to park in Boston they are easy to work on and learn on. just a great cars so i like to come here and sort through the bullshit and cause there is so much of it i like to ask questions some times even then you get the "did a 6 pound rock fall on your head?" answer. thanks
Old 10-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remember though, fmu's and vafc's have no way of tuning timing. thats the main reason they are frowned upon. yes they can provide the fuel needed but just "running rich" isnt gonna be the best. timing is just as important as fuel. a decent ems and bigger injectors are the way to go.

you asked the question, it was answered and you doubted the correct answer so you got bashed a little. not to mention this is something that has been covered many times and could have easily been answered by searching. i say your best bet it to check out http://www.pgmfi.org to learn more about a better ems for your turbo setup.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pgmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You dont have to get fuel management but it all depends on where you like your ringlands.I prefer mine on the pistons in one piece and not in my oil pan or in the hole in the block the rod made on its way to freedom.</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol
Old 10-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pgmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or in the hole in the block the rod made on its way to freedom.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol x3

For the price of an FMU you can get it tuned with freeware. Sure turboedit isn't perfect, but the difference between that and an FMU is like that of an 80yr old hooker and a 20yr old playboy bunny. And asking if you need engine management for just 6psi is like asking if you need a condom for said 80yr old hooker. Getting infected with 9 different STDs won't kill you right away, but it will surely degrade the quality of life as well as lifespan. An FMU is an automotive term for STD...

Since you can dick with timing, you not only gain a measure of safety, you can also gain much more power with turboedit. As long as the engine is running well NA, turbo edit and a solid HMT kit will compliment turboedit great.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boston Legal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i guess no one does this any more right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I could name 3 local people who have converted, in the past year, to an ECU based system to solve fuel issues and/or something better for their _NEW_ motor.

You can take the info on HT any way you want. A lot of the time the '********' have been in your shoes. A few users in this thread have in fact handed you your answer on a silver platter. A cheap and easy way that is 10x better than an FMU.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:49 AM

Default Re: i have a turbo kit home made and have a question (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I could name 3 local people who have converted, in the past year, to an ECU based system to solve fuel issues and/or something better for their _NEW_ motor. </TD></TR></TABLE> i guess info changes so quick, but thats why i asked. i was not starting sh*t i was just trying to confirm the info and then someone basically ask me why i was so stupid and he had concluded that a rock had fell on my head . anyway thanks for the info i will be looking for some type of ems, anyone in mass that would help that would be great! thanks again
Old 11-05-2006, 05:56 AM

Zdyne Gold SECU stand alone setup for 88-91 Civic/CRX OBD-0 ecu and serial port cable.
do you think this would work? i have a stock si crx and o ya the ecu is 370.00

or thanks Angelo
Old 11-05-2006, 09:03 AM

anyone running obd0 ems that can answer this question.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:44 AM

get at least decent engine managemtn to keep the motor running safe
Old 11-05-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: i have a turbo kit home made and have a question (b18sihatch)

Up
Old 11-05-2006, 08:13 PM

Zdyne Gold SECU is this good for 370.00
Old 11-05-2006, 09:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boston’s_rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Zdyne Gold SECU is this good for 370.00 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes that is a great system and that is a good price for it Def pick that up.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Man U FTW

or convert to OBD1 and run Crome, Neptune, Hondata, Uberdata, etc.....conversion harnesses and an ECU to run Crome would only run you about $250
Old 11-05-2006, 10:07 PM

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or convert to OBD1 and run Crome, Neptune, Hondata, Uberdata, etc.....conversion harnesses and an ECU to run Crome would only run you about $250</TD></TR></TABLE> sorry to be asking so many questions, but are you saying that a harness is like 100.00 & say the ecu is 50.00 so for maybe 100.00 i could chip and get crome or whatever off the net?
Old 11-05-2006, 10:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pgmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes that is a great system and that is a good price for it Def pick that up. </TD></TR></TABLE>didnt get it in time back to the drawing board

Quick Reply: i have a turbo kit home made and have a question