Notices

I HAVE SUM TURBO QUESTIONS: how to measure my wastegate(mm) and how to adjust boost

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HAVE SUM TURBO QUESTIONS: how to measure my wastegate(mm) and how to adjust boost

my questions are pretty simple i just got a turbo rex and wanted to know how if so can i adjust my boost on the External W/G? and how do u adjust the blow off vavle?

and what would be a good amount of boost for a stock b16a?

oh and also how do u hook up a manual boost controllor cuz i have one and i tried to put it on but it was like i had no control of the boost it just went as high as the motor rev?

so answers to all these questions would help me ALOT. THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPS ME OUT!!

AND pictures would help best with answers thanks again.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have alot to learn. I suggest do some searching and reading before you attempt to do something like install a manual boost controller.

there is no "good amount of boost" on any car. It depends on the setup, the engine build and MOST IMPORTANTLY the size of the turbo..
I can run 20 psi on a shitty T28 and make 200whp or I can run 20 PSI on my turbo (GT35R) and make 500whp.. it depends on what you are running.

As for the wastegate, the external wastegates are controlled by springs inside that are rated for certain PSI. They will open at different levels depending on the spring rate.

Lastly, I dont know why you would want to adjust the BOV, unless you just want to hear a cool noise.... which is probably the case.

Do some reading and SEARCH!!!!!!