Notices

I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can

This is on a turbo D16:
My first option is to just plug the intake manifold and run the pcv valve hose to the ground, and do the same with the valve cover breather.
My second option would be to plug mani and run the pcv hose to a can, then a hose from the can to the turbos filter.(Would I need a fliter on the can? and does location of inlet and outlet matter on can?)
My third option is to just run a can inline from pcv to mani(also would this setup need a filter on can and does location of inlet and outlet matter on can?)

I want to try the first option...is my easiest bet? PLease dont flame, just need some help. If anyone wants to truly help...hit me up. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can (portenio78)

The best way is to put a sealed catch can between the breather and a vacuum source from the intake pre-turbo, just make sure there is something inside the can for the oil to latch onto or else it's just gonna shoot right through into the intake...easiest way is to dump to the ground. Either way works fine.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can (Marshall)

I hooked my catchan up to my anus, with all the catch can convtoversy I thought, well...no on has tried this yet.

Seriously.....the Endyn way is the way to go but now everyone will chime in with they think this....and they think that...which will make this thread useless cause it will be cluttered up with bullshit.

Dasher, I think is his screen name, just did a real life test of all catch can type setups, search for that **** and decide how you want to do it.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hooked my catchan up to my anus, with all the catch can convtoversy I thought, well...no on has tried this yet.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah, I had the *** catch can setup for months now, I just never posted the results only because I didn't want to post pics of my setup. it works great for when you have the runs, but doesn't make for a good DD setup mainly because of looks...

here's dasher's link...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1199935
Old 04-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can (turbosi03)

I have reads dashers right up and it does not say anything about running the pcv line to the ground as well as the breather line. How many people here run this setup? How many people run a can between the turbos filter and the pcv? Thanks.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can (portenio78)

just out of curiousity.... what can you put into the can to make sure the oil stays?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can (stock00civic)

steel wool
Old 04-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I have read alot and just need an experts ok on catch can (SHystrdyGSRtdy)

Old 04-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

up for a yes or no
Old 04-26-2005, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by portenio78 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have reads dashers right up and it does not say anything about running the pcv line to the ground as well as the breather line. How many people here run this setup? How many people run a can between the turbos filter and the pcv? Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I give up. You guys are hopeless. I very clearly answered all your questions in a long / well tested thread and you still keep creating redundant posts. What is worse is that when someone directs you to the right thread to answer your questions you state that you have read it when clearly thats not the case.

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

Under the section of Open Breather Ventilation

it says .....

"For H, F, and D series engines you can use the stock PCV line(excluding the PCV valve), Breather Line , and tap an extra 1-2 ports in the valve cover if wanted. You can attach a filter directly to the line or connect them to 1or2 catchcans with a breather filter on top."

and this :

Cost: 20-150 dollars(dependent upon open filter lines or use of catchcan)
Performance: Good(as long as their is enough ventilation)
Reliability: Good.
Environment: Horrible(no catchcan)- poor(Catchcan)

All of your other questions are also answered if you simply READ the thread.