Notices

I can't take it anymore ! What boost/fuel press ? HELP !

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't take it anymore ! What boost/fuel press ? HELP !

Ok guys... I give up... it's been almost 2 months without my ride and I will admit, it takes a big man to go without a car for an extended period of time.....
I AM NOT A BIG MAN !!

I can't take it anymore, I have been trying to hold off on the built until I have all the parts, but money is just not coming in fast enough, so I am about to quit and just assemble and install the motor and get the car driving. I need adivce tho... My basic setup will be as follows, I need to break it in, then set boost, but I don't have all the parts that I wanted yet, so I will be running this until I upgrade.

Basically:
LSVT, stock B16a/B18a, B16a IM/TB, stock MAP, OBDI ecu (maybe I'll find one soon :thumbdown
8.97:1 CR, BG, T3, starion I/C
MSD BTM, totally stock fuel system

I NEED to have this car running, I can't be bumming rides any longer. I am still saving to upgrade the fuel system and get at least a V-afc (soon, soon), but I gotta get the Magic Show back on the road. I am not going to dyno tune until I get the proper fuel mgnt, so in the mean time, my only form of upgraded mgmt is a FPR/guage and 12:1 FMU. I know this might sound like blasphemy coming for me, but I can't do it right this time... not right now.

My plan is to run about 5-6 psi on this setup (after break-in) until I get the good stuff on. I will have it as a daily driver (traffic, hgwy) and the only reason I want to even put it at 5-6 psi is that the car will be a pig w/o some boost.
My main questions are what boost do you think I should run and what Fuel pressure at that boost for reliable daily driving ?

PS, this should only last a month or two at most until I can get a better fuel system pieced together.
Please give me some recommendations, I feel like I am about to have a breakdown.... I need a car !!!
Old 04-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I can't take it anymore ! What boost/fuel press ? HELP ! (X2BOARD)

Damn, 22 views and not one response... I prolly need some cliff's:

* No car for a bit over 2 months
* Can't take it anymore
* Want to build and run low boost
* No fuel management
* What boost and fuel pressure should I run ?
Old 04-15-2002, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, don't no one like me ? One last shot b4 5pm !
Old 04-15-2002, 12:58 PM
New User

ghetto fuel management : get a cartech and run really high pressures on the stock injectors (use your O2 sensor output for a "rough" tune, you can tweak the rise rate on the cartech), or get the vafc and injectors, but hook up the tps signal to the map sensor output, which will make it boost dpenedent. pull a ton of fuel (however much the injectors need to be corrected for) on "lo" throttle, don't pull any on "hi," and see what you get...

there isn't really any other way to do it, is there?!?!

don't blow your new motor tho.

[Modified by schwett, 2:00 PM 4/15/2002]
Old 04-15-2002, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I can't take it anymore ! What boost/fuel press ? HELP ! (schwett)

i suggest do all the fittings for the turbo sucha as: return line, feeding line and water cooled if any. Then slap your engine in and break it in, until you get your components. You have all the internal complete right?