Notices

I can't find a part; I need your help.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't find a part; I need your help.

Alright everybody, let's all turn to page 143 of <U>Maximum Boost</U>. Do you see the picture underneath the wastegates? I have been searching all afternoon for a place to buy an adapter like that; I want an adapter with two T3 flanges and a 38 mm flange inbetween. Does anybody know where I can find such a thing?! Please help!
Old 06-14-2004, 10:09 PM

Default Re: I can't find a part; I need your help. (danoonez)

Bump
Old 06-15-2004, 02:42 PM

And it's up again.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe you should scan the pic and post it up. I have no idea what type of flange ur talking about
Old 06-15-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: I can't find a part; I need your help. (pip9)

I'm in the process of a move from San Antonio to Houston, so I don't have a scanner with me, but I'll try to describe what I'm talking about: it's an adapter that goes inbetween the manifold and the turbine housing. It's T3 flanged on both sides so that it will bolt up correctly to the turbo and the manifold. A rectangular tube (in the shape and size of the T3 inlet) connects the two flanges and in the middle of it all is a 38 mm wastegate flange. It's made so that you can put an externally gate turbo on a manifold intended for an internal gate without having to do any welding.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i thinki understand what ur saying but i have never seen something like that before. You might be better off just buying the flanges and getting that piece custom made.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: (pip9)

True; thanks though.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:42 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

What manifold are you using? Sometimes it's easier to add a wastegate port to the manifold. Understand that if you use the piece you're describing your turbo will sit lower, which could cause clearance and oil return issues.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: (DaX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What manifold are you using? Sometimes it's easier to add a wastegate port to the manifold. Understand that if you use the piece you're describing your turbo will sit lower, which could cause clearance and oil return issues.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm designing my own manifold and was planning on using a Burns Turbo Collector, which obviously denies me any final tube to which I could mount the wastegate; I remembered seeing those adapters in the book and was just thinking about using one. It's obviously not the ideal choice for me since it will mount the wastegate at a right angle but it was a thought. Also, it'd give me the ability to, when I can afford it, switch to the HKS turbo I REALLY want. It's an internally gated turbo and I'd be able to convert my manifold to use the internal gate without using something like a block-off plate or cutting of the flange or something like that.

It wouldn't make the turbo sit any lower either, b/c I'm planning on something like the old Hytech B-Series manifold, or the manifold on the AEM/DC Ep3 (I have an Ep3).

All you guys in the FI forum are geniuses, so if any of you have any ideas, lay them on me; I welcome all suggestions.