Notices

I/C pipings (Civic Si, Del Sol, Integra)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I/C pipings (Civic Si, Del Sol, Integra)

I have Greddy I/C pipings made for the '99 Civic Si that I bought along with the IC. I also bought a set of pipings (duplicate of the Drag kit) for my Integra LS. They look very different from one another. The only 3-Dimensional piece on the Integra is the charge piping (into intake manifold) the rest is consist of a u-bend and a few j-shaped bends. I'm not sure if the seller sold me the right parts for the Integra or not.

The Civic Si pipings consist of 2 (3-D) pieces, one for the charge piping and one that comes out of the IC (looks like a bent L).

Are the two supposed to be very different from one another?
Also, will the Civic Si one work in a Del Sol w/a B16?

Thanks for any input.

[Modified by specie, 3:20 PM 11/3/2002]
Old 11-03-2002, 03:17 PM

Default Re: I/C pipings (specie)

Yes they are supposed to be different and the Si one should work on B16 del sol with a little modding
Old 11-03-2002, 03:40 PM

Default Re: I/C pipings (maddskilzz)

yeah the piping is suppose to be different. i am not sure about the civic and del sol piping, but they might be the same, or require a little welding to make it fit
Old 11-03-2002, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You are gonna have to redo almost all the pipes including the upper pipe to your throttle body. The integra will have to have the upper pipe go in front of your front motor mount(torque tranny mount) and I believe the SI goes through the upper portion of the frame(where the stock air box was). Same for the delslo. Also the bends to the i/c in and out are quite different. Close but no cigar. Try mixing and matching first. You may get away with the drag pipes uppers but not the lowers to the turbo due to different locations.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have Greddy I/C pipings made for the '99 Civic Si that I bought along with the IC. I also bought a set of pipings (duplicate of the Drag kit) for my Integra LS. They look very different from one another. The only 3-Dimensional piece on the Integra is the charge piping (into intake manifold) the rest is consist of a u-bend and a few j-shaped bends. I'm not sure if the seller sold me the right parts for the Integra or not.

The Civic Si pipings consist of 2 (3-D) pieces, one for the charge piping and one that comes out of the IC (looks like a bent L).

Are the two supposed to be very different from one another?
Also, will the Civic Si one work in a Del Sol w/a B16?
Thanks for any input.
Is it the Type 31 intercooler? The lower pipe on the passenger side that connects to the chargepipe may have to be bent/modified slightly.... otherwise it wont clear part of the frame, or will scrape against the tranny mount I believe... I don't remember, but I had mine bent a little so it would fit better, other than that the other two pipes depending on what type of manifold/turbo you have should fit... they may be a bit too low, depending on if your car is lowered or not.... Also I don't know how your chargepipe aligns with the lower IC piping...

Best thing is to mount the manifold/turbo, IC and piping to see what fits and what needs to be modified...

Take care.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I/C pipings (SpoolinSol)

Thanks for the responses guys. Much appreciated.

I believe it's the Type 31, it's not as huge as the Type 24. I think it's about 22"x8".
I guess I'll just have to wait till I get all the parts to find out.

So the Civic piping should work okay with the Del Sol, perhaps with slight modification?