Notices

How's Automotorsports (AMS) in IL for tuning AEM EMS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How's Automotorsports (AMS) in IL for tuning AEM EMS?

Anyone brought there car to get tuned? Just wanted some input before I decide to drive 11 hours to Payn Tech! I rather drive to chicago which is 6 hours... btw they want $450-500 for complete street and wot dyno tuning!

Thanks
Moe,
Old 04-03-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (AMS) in IL for tuning AEM EMS? (9psiTurboSI)

I drove by their shop, and it looks like they only work on Mitsubishis. I've heard it's a pretty decent shop, but again only for Mitsus.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How's Automotorsports (youngkow)

They know the AEM EMS very well.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (AMS) in IL for tuning AEM EMS? (9psiTurboSI)

Martin and crew are good. It's safe to say you can be comfortable with them.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:00 PM

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (ron@smp)

we trailored my friends civic from dayton ohio up there to get tuned. there shop is pretty crazy..they do a lot of in house fabrication, mostly for dsms. but anyway they definitely know the aem well. it took a total of about 5-6hrs (thats with several problems we ran into) to get it fully tuned. my friend ended up making 380whp@16-17psi on a 9:1 gsr motor with a 60-1 with a conservative tune. pretty decent considering he has tiny 2" compressor side i/c pipes, chetty drag i/c and had a boost leak at the tps sensor.

i would definitely feel comfortable taking your car there..the guy that does the aem, martin, is a really cool guy and took the time to explain some of the things while he was tuning it. ide give them
Old 04-04-2004, 01:04 AM

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (gritsak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gritsak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we trailored my friends civic from dayton ohio up there to get tuned. there shop is pretty crazy..they do a lot of in house fabrication, mostly for dsms. but anyway they definitely know the aem well. it took a total of about 5-6hrs (thats with several problems we ran into) to get it fully tuned. my friend ended up making 380whp@16-17psi on a 9:1 gsr motor with a 60-1 with a conservative tune. pretty decent considering he has tiny 2" compressor side i/c pipes, chetty drag i/c and had a boost leak at the tps sensor.

i would definitely feel comfortable taking your car there..the guy that does the aem, martin, is a really cool guy and took the time to explain some of the things while he was tuning it. ide give them </TD></TR></TABLE>

nice #'s... hows the part throttle tuning as far as street driving? meaning does it drive like a stock forced inducted car?
Old 04-04-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (9psiTurboSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 9psiTurboSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nice #'s... hows the part throttle tuning as far as street driving? meaning does it drive like a stock forced inducted car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah thats actually what he spent most of the time on, off boost tuning. its pretty easy to set the a/f and timing for a full throttle run but martin did a really good job on streetablity too.

one of the problems we had was that the ait sensor wouldnt work, so sometimes if there was a drastic change in temp/humidity then the car would stumble. but thats not in the tuning, just since that damn sensor wouldnt work for some reason.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (gritsak)

anyone else with any experience with AMS?
Old 04-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

quite a few of my close friends have sent cars to ams to get built, needless to say they were dsm's but most of them have come out flawless. And the few times i have talked to the guys that worked there, i can tell there well informed on what their doing. If your also looking for another good ems tunner in illinois, try sound performance. I will be taking my integra there within a few weeks. There mainly a supra/toyota shop from what ive heard, but some of the cars theyve released are insane. If your local, you should know about boost'n'bitch's blue honda civic si, made some real nice whp, and was tunned and built by sound performance i belive.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:45 PM

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (NyQuiL)

I would have to agree with NyQuil and his assesment of Sound-Performance. Just make sure you talk to Larry and you won't have any problems. They are prolific with the AEM and I would rank them in the top 5 AEM tuners in the country
Old 04-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (silversupragirl)

Gritsak,
Have you heard of a shop in Dayton called Forced Fabrication ? (formerly known as ITS, innovative turbo solutions) http://www.forcedfabrication.com , I was looking to going to them for my custom turbo setup on my 94 Acura Legend GS V6. I was actually planning on making a trip to Ohio this weekend and rolling up in Dayton on Monday.
Anybody have any experience or opinon with this shop?

Silversupragirl,
Who else would you rank up there with the top AEM tuners in the country?

Thanks,
Imran
Old 04-06-2004, 10:12 PM

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (LeGeND4LiFe)

u have a website or # for sound-performance???
Old 04-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its sound-performance.com. There very good with aem.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (yimmy)

martin at ams is very familiar with the aem, i would definitely recommend as one of the best people in this area to tune your car. i have seen him countless times tuning cars with great success, yes they do mostly work with dsm's, but they will work on anything. the whole staff is knowledgeable and great guys.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How's Automotorsports (hatchmobile)

My input:
Since Martin @ AMS probably knows more about the EMS system than AEM themselves...I would take your car to AMS rather than anywhere else in IL.
Peacefully, I don't agree that boost'n'bitch's blue honda civic si as a good example for this guy to use when choosing his tuner.
AMS does work on more DSM/EVO/240 platforms than Hondas, but Martin can tune your Honda well and had tuned quite a few so far. Everthing rolling out of there has some good work done on it. Probably the only place I would trust in our area to touch my Honda (and if you know who I am, I religiously DO NOT let anyone touch my cars besides myself)

Good luck

Modified by BROOD at 5:11 AM 4/7/2004
Old 04-07-2004, 07:15 AM

Default Re: How's Automotorsports (BROOD)

AMS Very good tuners with the EMS.