Notices

How you raise your oil pressure after a rebuilt ?????

Old 03-20-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How you raise your oil pressure after a rebuilt ?????

Well my engine hasnt been rebuilded but I had to remove my oil pan and I also installed an oil cooler with some braided lines. So the engine have no oil in it...

I was thinking of removing the plugs and disconect the coil but the injector will inject a lot of fuel for nothing. If I disconect them, is it dangerous that there will be too much fuel pressure and probably broke something in the injectors ???

Thanks for the help... im starting the engine tonight with the disco potato youpi !!

Old 03-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How you raise your oil pressure after a rebuilt ????? (yellowturbo)

As long as you were generous with the assembly lube, you can start it right up and the oil pressure should build up really quick, a few seconds. Some people note that when they disabled the injectors/ignition, that it took longer to build up oil pressure upon initial start up.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:26 AM

well like I said its not a rebuilded engine even if my topic was reffering to a rebuilded engine lol

but yeah I know that usualy the oil pressure goes up really fast.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

please stop using the word rebuilded

the word you mean to use is rebuilt

thank you... that is all

<U>* Edit *</U>
excuse the dick attitude... just realized you probobly speak french as a first language
Old 03-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well like I said its not a rebuilded engine even if my topic was reffering to a rebuilded engine lol

but yeah I know that usualy the oil pressure goes up really fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Even though you didn't rebuild the motor, you should still have some oil in the motor from before. There's still enough lubrication in the bearings to start it right up. Think of it like if you leave the motor sitting for a few months, you can still start it up.

As for the turbo, just leave the oil drain disconnected until you start the motor and watch for the oil to drain out the drain line. That should be enough to prime the turbo as well.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 AM

ok thanks to both of you. Thanks for the technical and the grammar advice.

Im french so its not always easy lol
Old 03-20-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Re: How you raise your oil pressure after a rebuilt ????? (yellowturbo)

A simple way to build oil pressure.. Remove the plugs and unhook the ecu and crank it.. If you added all that stuff I would surely do this since it has to fill everything.. If you can fill the oil cooler yourself..

I actually started my new engine yesterday and its an lsvtec with an oil block and an6 lines to the head.. I had to crank the engine for about 10 seconds to get an oil pressure reading so it is necessary..
Old 03-20-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: How you raise your oil pressure after a rebuilt ????? (tgreaves)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tgreaves &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A simple way to build oil pressure.. Remove the plugs and unhook the ecu and crank it.. If you added all that stuff I would surely do this since it has to fill everything.. If you can fill the oil cooler yourself..

I actually started my new engine yesterday and its an lsvtec with an oil block and an6 lines to the head.. I had to crank the engine for about 10 seconds to get an oil pressure reading so it is necessary..</TD></TR></TABLE>

good idea since my ECU is not plugged yet...

I prefer to build some pressure even if its not a brand new engine.