Notices

How r u guys running firewall mounted Fpr?? Need help blocking off stock Fpr hole

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How r u guys running firewall mounted Fpr?? Need help blocking off stock Fpr hole

Like the title says I have a turboed Gsr and bought an Aeromotive rail mounted Fpr but had problems with no clearance for the return line. So, I am going to go with a firewall mounted set-up and was wondering how you go about plugging the stock Fpr hole since it's not threaded. Pics of your set-up would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advace
Old 03-26-2010, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: How r u guys running firewall mounted Fpr?? Need help blocking off stock Fpr hole

get an aftermarket fuel rail. they're cheap.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How r u guys running firewall mounted Fpr?? Need help blocking off stock Fpr hole

http://www.robearracing.com/pd-nrg-f...or-adaptor.cfm
Old 03-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

even most aftermarket has the hole for the stock fpr.. i picked mine up used and had already been plugged... basically tap the hole for the stock fpr for one of those small 10mm bolts you probably have layin around from workin on your car.. apply a little gasket maker to the threads and screw it in.. mine has never leaked.. if you need a pic let me know ill snap one of mine..
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea if you could post a pic it would be greatly appreciated!! Also, the link that wa listed above that's not a block off plate right??
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turboteg00
Yea if you could post a pic it would be greatly appreciated!! Also, the link that wa listed above that's not a block off plate right??
No, it's not a block off plate. That adapter allows you to remotely mount your fuel pressure regulator (on the firewall in your case). You still need a line running from the stock rail to your firewall mounted fpr.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess Inever mentioned that I have an Str rail and the problem is the Edelbrock manifold. There is literally 1/2 inch between the manifold and the regulator.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I also have an str fuel rail and edelbrock victorx.. i just got back to the post and my car is at the shop.. i may be by there tonite if i am ill snag a pic.. if not ill be there in the morn for few to do a quick job so ill take one then..
Old 03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright guys I tried some braided fuel line and it did't kink as bad as ormal rubber fuel line, so I think I might be ok...
Old 03-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

buy a BDL rail. mine came with the ends open and tapped, with a spot for OEM FPR but the hole for fuel was still solid, I had to drill it out to use my stock regulator
Old 03-27-2010, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boostek9
buy a BDL rail. mine came with the ends open and tapped, with a spot for OEM FPR but the hole for fuel was still solid, I had to drill it out to use my stock regulator
I have an Str rail which is the same thing as your Bdl, the company just changed names, It has openings on both ends for 10 or 12 an fitting. Anyways I took the rail off and thredaed the stock fpr hole. I think I'm gonna sell the rail mounted Aeromotive and get a fireewall mounted one. There just is no clearance for the fuel return line wiith a edelbrock manifold sitting behind.....
Old 03-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea the firewall mounted fpr is the way to go.. here is how mine is setup.. just tapped oem fpr hole for a honda 10mm + a lil dab of gasket maker to make sure it sealed and screwed it in..
Attached Images