Notices

how much power can stock headstuds take?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much power can stock headstuds take?

how much power can stock headstuds take
Old 02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would you like to specify a motor
Old 02-12-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: (AbitAvenger)

Which honda motors come stock with headstuds?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Which honda motors come stock with headstuds? </TD></TR></TABLE>
damn you beat me to it
Old 02-12-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: how much power can stock headstuds take? (97turboteg)

I swear you f'in people are soo critical. Nothing better to do than to point out people's mistakes. You know what the guy is asking, so answer his question. Unless you don't know the answer, then stfu. Or, instead, you could simply tell the guy that Honda motors do not come from the factory with head "studs", rather head "bolts", and that studs are an upgrade.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how much power can stock headstuds take? (br1ev8)

i'm sorry almighty noob, but if you have to question if a part is going to work, why not just replace it? and if you don't have the extra 100measily 100bucks it takes to buy headstuds then you should be turboing your car
Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Re: how much power can stock headstuds take? (b16hybridsol)

So, are you trying to say that if you turbo your car, head studs are necessity? And, that if he doesn't buy headstuds, he doesn't deserve a turbo? What kind of rationale is this? Different power outputs necessitate different levels of motor fortification. You don't even know this guy's setup. So, how can you make a judgment about whether he should be turboing his car or not. Aside from his username, how do you even know he is turboing his car, and further, whether his head stud querry is even if reference to turboing his car??
Oh, and I love the "noob" insert there. You just have to point out my tenure here at h-t huh. Helps nail down your argument huh?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

edit* no comment

Modified by turbosnatch at 6:46 AM 2/13/2006
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by br1ev8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, are you trying to say that if you turbo your car, head studs are necessity? And, that if he doesn't buy headstuds, he doesn't deserve a turbo? What kind of rationale is this? Different power outputs necessitate different levels of motor fortification. You don't even know this guy's setup. So, how can you make a judgment about whether he should be turboing his car or not. Aside from his username, how do you even know he is turboing his car, and further, whether his head stud querry is even if reference to turboing his car??
Oh, and I love the "noob" insert there. You just have to point out my tenure here at h-t huh. Helps nail down your argument huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no i said if he is questioning if a part is going to hold up or not then he should just replace it for the extra insurance. and no, your rewording of what i said isn't rational

edit, why would he be posting in the FI forum if he had a question about an na motor
Old 02-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I run stock head bolts on my H22A's. 600+ hp so far. Never reuse them, and always follow proper torque procedure. I've been told by more than one reputable engine builder to use the stock bolts.

Tyler
Old 02-12-2006, 10:34 PM

Default Re: how much power can stock headstuds take? (b16hybridsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no i said if he is questioning if a part is going to hold up or not then he should just replace it for the extra insurance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not a sensible rule to go by. Not knowing whether a part is structurally competent doesn't mean the part, in fact, isn't. Why replace the part if it is capable of supporting his needs? He doesn't know the capacity of the bolts, so he is asking, for assurance.
I do see what you are saying about replacing the part if in doubt. But being that there is this highly resourceful website here, networking many bright people in the world of Honda/Acura's, why not utilze that resoure and ask, instead of going out and buying head studs that are "100measily 100bucks" , because he more than likely doesn't need to.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
edit, why would he be posting in the FI forum if he had a question about an na motor</TD></TR></TABLE>
Touche.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:00 AM

sorry man, I thought they were all head studs. i didnt realize there bolts. Well thanks for sticking up for me, so many ppl on here are just on for critisizing...why couldnt u just explain there bolts not studs? cant we all act our age?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:04 AM

built b18b1, going to put my turbo kit on in spring
Old 02-13-2006, 06:15 AM

Spend $120 for some ARP headstuds just to be safe. I think he was saying that if you don't have the ~$100 to spend on headstuds, you shouldn't be boosting a car.

#1 rule to boosting is : always have a savings account just in case **** ***** up. Have atleast $1500-200 in there.

No sense of boosting when you're broke right?.........

Anyway, to be safe I say go with headstuds. Just because people have had success with stock head bolts - doesn't mean you will ..... play it safe. always.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:50 AM

Default Re: (TheKINGPin)

What's the most hp people have made with stock head bolts?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:50 AM

Default Re: (11psiTurboSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 11psiTurboSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's the most hp people have made with stock head bolts?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyler H &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I run stock head bolts on my H22A's. 600+ hp so far. Never reuse them, and always follow proper torque procedure. I've been told by more than one reputable engine builder to use the stock bolts.

Tyler</TD></TR></TABLE>

You guys obviously don't listen. It doesn't MATTER what other people get.....you will not have the same success. Some people claim to make 700hp on stock sleeves- doesn't mean you'll have the same success............

Just spend the $100 for arp headstuds. Period. if not, something will expletive up. Guaranteed. Don't be cheap when doing a turbo build............nothing but bad luck will happen. If you don't have $100 to spend, you should NOT be boosting in the first place, because I can almost gurantee that something will happen to your car within the first week of boosting. Or atleast the first month that will cost some money.