Notices

how much boost are you running on your bone stock ls motor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much boost are you running on your bone stock ls motor?

how much boost are you running on your bone stock ls motor? Just bought a new car and redid the turbo set up and I was wondering how much boost people are running on their stock ls none vtec motors?
Old 05-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Re: how much boost are you running on your bone stock ls motor?

Depends on too much. 15psi from one setup isn't going to equal to 15psi on another setup. If you are going to tune it yourself on the street you should list all of your mods, then ask a safe level. If not then don't worry about it and shoot for a certain WHP goal on the dyno. Boost means nothing.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Track Advocate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check sig...all stock minus S2 intake manifold and ARP head studs
Old 05-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

boost means nothing? LOL Last time I checked 15psi is a standard measurement, meaning that 15 will always equal 15psi. No matter what turbo is pushing it.

I have seen as high as 16psi on a stock LS motor. There could be some higher, but honestly it highly depends on the tune. Safely I would run 10psi all day long. If you are having a shop tune it (which i highly recommend) talk with them and go with what they say. Considering the upgraded head studs, that might allow you to run slightly higher boost, but I still wouldnt. The LS engines do have fairly low comp ratio to begein with but also the strength of other engine components matters, namely the rods.

Also shooting for a number makes no sense to me either, i could say i want 300whp with my stock LS engine, but that would require a decent amount of boost for that to happen, more than would be normally safe for that engine.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Knownworldwide
boost means nothing? LOL Last time I checked 15psi is a standard measurement, meaning that 15 will always equal 15psi. No matter what turbo is pushing it.

Also shooting for a number makes no sense to me either, i could say i want 300whp with my stock LS engine, but that would require a decent amount of boost for that to happen, more than would be normally safe for that engine.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^and u may want to go back to kindergarden and start over my friend. Imagine a box 1 foot by 1 foot by 1 foot or 1ftsquared pressurized to 15 psi now imagaine a 100 by 100 by 100 or 100ftsquared box pressurized to the same 15psi which has more air? Of course the bigger box. Same for turbos. A small. 50 trim will not flow as much at 15 psi as let's say a 35r will. So actually psi does not mean anything pressure does not make a motor run airflow does. The pte 6776 im running flows enough at 20 psi to support over 700hp.

Like someone stated before psi is not an issue that's all going to depend on what size turbo ur running and how good of a tune you get to eliminate knock. On myy first ls I had a small t3/t4 kit running 8 psi with 310cc injectors and a 255lph. I also had basic bolt ons such as intake exhaust etc.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My post was meant for knownworldwide not u stopsign32v.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

back in 06 i made 309whp at 18psi. old school to4e turbo.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

aren't there like 32343254934758437587435987325987435987349576347583 46 pages in the LS turbo thread?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL Last time I checked 15psi is a standard measurement, meaning that 15 will always equal 15psi. No matter what turbo is pushing it.
Check again. It's posts like these that make me love Honda-Tech.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:43 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I have seen as high as 16psi on a stock LS motor. There could be some higher, but honestly it highly depends on the tune. Safely I would run 10psi all day long. If you are having a shop tune it (which i highly recommend) talk with them and go with what they say. Considering the upgraded head studs, that might allow you to run slightly higher boost, but I still wouldnt. The LS engines do have fairly low comp ratio to begein with but also the strength of other engine components matters, namely the rods.

15 psi is not always 15psi fool dont give no more of your knowledge out please cause I will never tell someone to call a shop and do whatever they say and listen to what they tell you. If I did that I would have probably been threw 5 motors by know but im still on my first. And making a goal for yourself does help dont just slap a turbo together and call it a day
Old 05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r
Check again. It's posts like these that make me love Honda-Tech.
Originally Posted by W!d3b0dYr3X
Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
15 psi is not always 15psi fool dont give no more of your knowledge out please cause I will never tell someone to call a shop and do whatever they say and listen to what they tell you. If I did that I would have probably been threw 5 motors by know but im still on my first. And making a goal for yourself does help dont just slap a turbo together and call it a day
So what your all saying is that a boost gauge means nothing? If it reads that there is say 15 psi at the throttle plate that there really isnt 15psi there? Or when your car is tuned that the computer is lying even though it says 15psi is being read?
Old 05-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So what your all saying is that a boost gauge means nothing? If it reads that there is say 15 psi at the throttle plate that there really isnt 15psi there? Or when your car is tuned that the computer is lying even though it says 15psi is being read?
Are you Knownworldwide as an ignorant fool? Read below (again, if you have to). :facepalm:

^and u may want to go back to kindergarden and start over my friend. Imagine a box 1 foot by 1 foot by 1 foot or 1ftsquared pressurized to 15 psi now imagaine a 100 by 100 by 100 or 100ftsquared box pressurized to the same 15psi which has more air? Of course the bigger box. Same for turbos. A small. 50 trim will not flow as much at 15 psi as let's say a 35r will. So actually psi does not mean anything pressure does not make a motor run airflow does. The pte 6776 im running flows enough at 20 psi to support over 700hp.

Like someone stated before psi is not an issue that's all going to depend on what size turbo ur running and how good of a tune you get to eliminate knock. On myy first ls I had a small t3/t4 kit running 8 psi with 310cc injectors and a 255lph. I also had basic bolt ons such as intake exhaust etc.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your post means nothing, that guy's post was meant for you. Go to school read up some more kid.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC4KiD
Are you Knownworldwide as an ignorant fool? Read below (again, if you have to). :facepalm:
does your intercooler piping and intercooler increase and decrease in size? I dont think so. It is all the same size no matter what turbo you have hooked up to it. pressurizing it to 15psi will be the same amount of air everytime.

Ahh whatever, i dont care anymore.....

LOL
Old 05-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am not ignorant, i am perfectly fine. LOL. I know how turbos work. They are rated by CFM. Bigger turbos at the same psi of a smaller turbo will move more air. PERIOD! LOL you guys got your feathers ruffled, threw up pictures and all. LOL
Old 05-22-2011, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am not ignorant, i am perfectly fine. LOL. I know how turbos work. They are rated by CFM. Bigger turbos at the same psi of a smaller turbo will move more air. PERIOD! LOL you guys got your feathers ruffled, threw up pictures and all. LOL
LOL at googling for information, learning you were wrong and then acting as if you were trolling. A clever ruse.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r
LOL at googling for information, learning you were wrong and then acting as if you were trolling. A clever ruse.
I dont need to google anything kid, I am part of another board have been for 5 years. I know what I am talking about.

Way to assume like you know about me. LOL
Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont need to google anything kid, I am part of another board have been for 5 years. I know what I am talking about.

Aren't you getting the hint?

Everyone is trying to point out that your knowledge is flawed!

What does being on another board for 5 years have to do with anything? Obviously nothing, because you don't know what people are trying to explain to you, and your information is wrong.

15psi is a unit of measure. Yes, its the same pressure, but NOT the same volume or cfm!

2 different turbos at 15psi WILL give you different hp and tq. Period.

You fail.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you think adding a bigger intercooler would increase psi because the air is cooler, the same psi would stay because nothing really has changed, or would it decrease the psi because of other reasons unknown? What about a better intake? Would it increase or decrease? Same question but a ported head? Can you explain why you chose your answer?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 97CWITR

What does being on another board for 5 years have to do with anything? Obviously nothing, because you don't know what people are trying to explain to you, and your information is wrong.

15psi is a unit of measure. Yes, its the same pressure, but NOT the same volume or cfm!

You fail.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Do you think adding a bigger intercooler would increase psi because the air is cooler, the same psi would stay because nothing really has changed, or would it decrease the psi because of other reasons unknown? What about a better intake? Would it increase or decrease? Same question but a ported head? Can you explain why you chose your answer?
Are you two kids done talking now? I can only stand so much from children that drag stuff out for so long. Like i said you guys know nothing about me or my knowledge. I could have mulitple accounts anywhere and you. Guys wouldnt know who i was now would you. Everyone can sit and crack jokes at people who are new and know nothing. Thats like kicking someone when they are down. It proves nothing but your childish ways. I need to prove nothing to anyone. You two kids can think you know everything there is to know about hondas, wont matter to me much. You guys just feel you need to reply and post up all of your google searching so that you guys can feel important. LOL. You guys are a joke. Lol your dismissed.

Btw im sure you children will have more to say, so go ahead and get your last words in to make yourselfs feel better. And to save face. Lol
Old 05-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well then that board has tough you wrong. Ever hear about CFM...cubic feet per minute? A bigger turbo will make more power at a lower PSI due to it pushing more CFM of air. What point of that you do not get.? A smaller turbo needs to push more psi to make the same power that a bigger turbo would at a lower psi.

Garrett GT35R turbo T3.
Flow Rate ~65lb/min
vs
gt28r that flows about ~44lb/min.

If i am wrong. Please feel free to correct me.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 97CWITR

You fail.
x2. even mi little brother understands that a bigger turbo will make more power at less psi and he is only 10.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you two kids done talking now? I can only stand so much from children that drag stuff out for so long. Like i said you guys know nothing about me or my knowledge. I could have mulitple accounts anywhere and you. Guys wouldnt know who i was now would you. Everyone can sit and crack jokes at people who are new and know nothing. Thats like kicking someone when they are down. It proves nothing but your childish ways. I need to prove nothing to anyone. You two kids can think you know everything there is to know about hondas, wont matter to me much. You guys just feel you need to reply and post up all of your google searching so that you guys can feel important. LOL. You guys are a joke. Lol your dismissed.

Btw im sure you children will have more to say, so go ahead and get your last words in to make yourselfs feel better. And to save face. Lol
Didn't think you would attempt answering the questions.

BTW chief, if you are going to try to call people kids atleast learn how to spell correctly. And no one cares who you are or how many accounts you have. What does that have to do with you posting dumb FALSE advice?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Didn't think you would attempt answering the questions.

BTW chief, if you are going to try to call people kids atleast learn how to spell correctly. And no one cares who you are or how many accounts you have. What does that have to do with you posting dumb FALSE advice?
Sounds good to me, atleast I know how to put a space in between at least. Lol. Nice to meet you all thanks for the welcome.

As for the guy stating the cfm bit, i just told you thats how turbos are rated by cfm.

Quick Reply: how much boost are you running on your bone stock ls motor?