Notices

how much boost can stock sleeves in a closed deck h22a handle??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much boost can stock sleeves in a closed deck h22a handle??

I would like to know from experience. we are putting pistons and rods in, but are leaving the sleeves stock. what else can we do besides sleeving to make the 2.2l stronger, after pistons and rods.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how much boost can stock sleeves in a closed deck h22a handle?? (nigel)

What kind of turbo are you using?

What is your setup?

What are you using to tune it?

Who's putting together your motor?

I think if you answer those you'll get a reasonable answer.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:40 PM

Default Re: how much boost can stock sleeves in a closed deck h22a handle?? (EpDarks)

je pistons eagle rods, .50 trim t4 compressor. its a t3/t4 turbo w/ a revhard turbo kit. its on an fmu for now and its getting hondata soon.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Re: how much boost can stock sleeves in a closed deck h22a handle?? (nigel)

You cant put forged pistons in the stock sleeves. You WILL need to resleeve.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how much boost can stock sleeves in a closed deck h22a handle?? (MordecaiPSI)

so 94-95 closed deck h22 apply also
Old 09-30-2003, 03:26 PM

resleeve a closed deck h22a? so how do you do it? I really dont think its possible.

I simply asked..... HOW MUCH BOOST CAN I RUN ON A CLOSED DECK H22A WITH PISTONS AND RODS? CAN I GET AN ANSWER PLEASE?
Old 09-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nigel)

1) It's _definitely_ possible to resleeve your block... people do it all th time
2) You _cannot_ put aftermarket pistons in your block without resleeving... it has tot do with the chemical makeup of the sleeve. The sotck h-series sleeves are different than b-series sleeves... and you can't put a forged piston in there without resleeving first. That's what the other guy was trying to tell you in the first place.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (servion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by servion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1) It's _definitely_ possible to resleeve your block... people do it all th time
2) You _cannot_ put aftermarket pistons in your block without resleeving... it has tot do with the chemical makeup of the sleeve. The sotck h-series sleeves are different than b-series sleeves... and you can't put a forged piston in there without resleeving first. That's what the other guy was trying to tell you in the first place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

2. yes you can. there's a guy in the prelude forum running forged wiseco pistons on stock sleeves. look up the thread.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:36 PM

Hey! hey smart people! please! I know you are out there! please answer my question!

HOW MUCH PSI WILL STOCK PRELUDE SLEEVES HANDLE! THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW. I dont want to know if this does that, or what can you run in what or what you have to do to do what ever or what you ate for breakfast.

thanks..
Old 09-30-2003, 05:21 PM
I live under a rock

Default Re: (jz)

Ok, since no one has really answered you........ here we go..... number one YOU CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT run forged pistons in stock H-series sleeves..... UNLESS..... Unless they are these new psitons from wiesco, which most of us are still sketchy about.....theres a great thread goin in the prelude forum about a guy who has had them for a while now........ number two, stock everything h22a's are only "safe" to about 8psi, with a good tune.....so now to answer your question..... if you plan on using the wiesco deals, i would say about 18psi is as high as I'd go, I think thats as high as the guy who is running them has gone.... and thats not all the time.......i hope you didn't already buy these Je's w/o realizing you need a re-sleeve to run them, in that case, get a refund, or drop a grand and get a relseeve.... which IMO would be the better idea...... you're gonna have to do it someday...... so thats about the only answer we can give you.... one last thing..... use search, i am not sure how many threads there are about the frm coating and re-sleeving yada yada... probably a thousand by now.........so read up!
Old 09-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i don't think it is a question of how much boost,but rather how much power since you could have a wide range of turbos.i would say,provided there is enough fuel and was tuned properly,350-400whp should be no problem.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nigel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey! hey smart people! please! I know you are out there! please answer my question!

HOW MUCH PSI WILL STOCK PRELUDE SLEEVES HANDLE! THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW. I dont want to know if this does that, or what can you run in what or what you have to do to do what ever or what you ate for breakfast.

thanks..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey smart ***, YOU CANNOT RUN FORGED PISTONS WITH STOCK SLEEVES. How many PSI? ------0------.

If u wanna risk doin another rebuild go ahead and run it on stock sleeves. I had an egg bagel and a lite cream cheese with orange juice and some eggs. Scrambled.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MordecaiPSI)

Hey smartass... research turbos a little bit and you'll realize that 7psi is NOT always equal to 7psi...... if you boost 7psi on a tiny t3 vs boosting 7psi on a sc61, you're gonna get a MAJOR power difference.... you shouldn't ask "how much boost can it handle".... you should ask "how much horsepower can it handle".

And I don't eat breakfast.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: (servion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by servion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2) You _cannot_ put aftermarket pistons in your block without resleeving... it has tot do with the chemical makeup of the sleeve. The sotck h-series sleeves are different than b-series sleeves... and you can't put a forged piston in there without resleeving first.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm....i didnt know this, inform me more about this situation. i would really like to know

thanks
richard
Old 09-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont think anyone here really knows the answer to your question b/c no one has your set up, so no one can answer from experience. What they can answer from experience is what everyone is saying about the whole forged piston and sleeved block thing. You are going to be one of few people with forged internals and a stock block so no one here really knows whats going to happen, they can only speculate based on their knowledge. As someone has already stated, i would not go above 8 - 10psi. Here maybe these will help you out:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=316373
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=416069
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=632568

see if those help

Old 09-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nigel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">resleeve a closed deck h22a? so how do you do it? I really dont think its possible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Resleeved closed deck h23a. H22a is the same.

p.s. You can run from 5 to 25psi on the stock sleeves. If you run 5psi, you'll have to replace your pistons after they gum up. If you run 25psi you will have to replace everything because you blew **** up. And all this WILL happen to you since you enjoy being a cheap ***. Have fun and don't come crying back to us saying we did not tell you so.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:07 AM

HAhaha it already blew up thats the problem... since I have never hear that you cant run aftermarket pistons.... I thought you are all cazy!!!!! so forgive my lack of H series knowledge. as for the weisco's thats what we are going to run. its my friends car and it died.. so we have to bring it back to life.

SPOOLINLUDE KICKS ***!!!!!!!! thanks for the useful info!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:29 AM
New User

inlinepro ran about 15-18psi on a full t4 turbo about 4 years back on one of their race cars. hatch with a stock h22 motor. they never dyno'd it, but we know for sure it was making well over 400 hp to the wheels. the car went 10.40's.....4 years ago and that block lasted for over a year. on race gas obviously, no nitrous. the blocks can handle boost if tuned correctly.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jinxproof99)

oh yeah but its those damn sleeves
Old 10-01-2003, 11:35 AM

oh yeah..... whats the part number for those weisco beasts?
Old 10-01-2003, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jinxproof99)

Karl, you are the king when it comes to stock sleeves

The main reason I recommend resleeving for the regular 'i want to make 400whp' or 'i want 20psi' guys is because they do not understand the whole concept of building a motor correctly the first time as you and the reputable performance shops do (inline pro etc).

You can tell someone EVERYTHING that needs to be done, but 99% of the time people want to cut corners because they think they can get away with it. Oh well, it's their money, not ours!

Call john at Race Engineering and he can set you up with those wiseco's you need
Old 10-01-2003, 06:21 PM

actually guys, u can run any forged pistons u want in a stock h22a, its not the pistons that dont allow, its the rings, and wiseco is the only company that makes rings that are compatable with frm, so u CAN use any forged pistons, but u do HAVE to use the wiseco rings.
dan
Old 10-01-2003, 07:11 PM

Default Re: (RudeLude)

We'll see how well that works.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:29 PM
I live under a rock

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RudeLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually guys, u can run any forged pistons u want in a stock h22a, its not the pistons that dont allow, its the rings, and wiseco is the only company that makes rings that are compatable with frm, so u CAN use any forged pistons, but u do HAVE to use the wiseco rings.
dan</TD></TR></TABLE>

are u sure?? I'm pretty sure you have to run the pistons also..... not sure, but I am almost postive you can't just go out and by amy forged piston and run wiesco rings...... actually, naa u can't do that, what am I saying....... as for the guy who asked for more info on frm........ ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! SEARCH!!!!!! every freaking day there is someone on here......" duh why can't you run forged pistons in a h--series....duhh.....".....search before i lose it
Old 10-01-2003, 09:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RudeLude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually guys, u can run any forged pistons u want in a stock h22a, its not the pistons that dont allow, its the rings, and wiseco is the only company that makes rings that are compatable with frm, so u CAN use any forged pistons, but u do HAVE to use the wiseco rings.
dan</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you sure about that, I always thought it was in the skirt design of the piston?? I'm not posative though.....

-Jeff-

Quick Reply: how much boost can stock sleeves in a closed deck h22a handle??