Notices

how much boost can a stock gsr motor take??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much boost can a stock gsr motor take??

well how much boost can it take. whats good boost for a daily driver and then how much can i turn it up for a track night. im not lookin for crazy numbers thats why everything is stock. and it will be tuned, dont know with what yet.

heres another. what should i use to tune the setup. its actually a obd2 setup right now.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: how much boost can a stock gsr motor take?? (KillaB18)

This website is a great technical resource, please use the search feature. You will find more information than you ever wanted to know about "how much boost you can run on a stock gsr motor".

Or.... I could just tell you that boost is irrelevant and you should just be conserned with how much cfm the turbo strapped to your motor is pushing into it, or more easily said, how much power can a stock gsr motor can make (im guessing there is an implied "reliably without blowing up" at the end of the sentence). The answer is not set in stone but my opinion of max safe hp output on pump gas with very good tuning is low 400s. After that you exceed the motors bsfc and things like weak honda cast ringlands will eventually break. Again just my opinion from things I have seen, I recomend the search feature and make your own.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:41 PM

yea i was lookin to get around 250hp range for a daily driver. i did do the search and couldnt find anything on exaclty what i wanted. but thanx anyway.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (KillaB18)

it will take 100psi on a t25
Old 05-25-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how much boost can a stock gsr motor take?? (KillaB18)

You generally dont want to go over 300whp on a daily driver gsr.

Use a wideband and an obd2->1 ems.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KillaB18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well how much boost can it take. whats good boost for a daily driver and then how much can i turn it up for a track night. im not lookin for crazy numbers thats why everything is stock. and it will be tuned, dont know with what yet.

heres another. what should i use to tune the setup. its actually a obd2 setup right now. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-25-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how much boost can a stock gsr motor take?? (nevin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nevin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This website is a great technical resource, please use the search feature. You will find more information than you ever wanted to know about "how much boost you can run on a stock gsr motor".

Or.... I could just tell you that boost is irrelevant and you should just be conserned with how much cfm the turbo strapped to your motor is pushing into it, or more easily said, how much power can a stock gsr motor can make (im guessing there is an implied "reliably without blowing up" at the end of the sentence). The answer is not set in stone but my opinion of max safe hp output on pump gas with very good tuning is low 400s. After that you exceed the motors bsfc and things like weak honda cast ringlands will eventually break. Again just my opinion from things I have seen, I recomend the search feature and make your own. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just give the guy the 'short-n-sweet'..

The answer you're looking for is 7psi, no more. Trying to run more will only lead to problems like the welds on the intake manifold breaking, or floorboards comming apart. Trust me, I saw it happen at a dyno once.. wasn't pretty. That poor guy wasn't born a midget
Old 05-25-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: how much boost can a stock gsr motor take?? (VTC_CiViC)

build it....you'll be a lot happier in the end
Old 05-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: how much boost can a stock gsr motor take?? (VTC_CiViC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTC_CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just give the guy the 'short-n-sweet'..

The answer you're looking for is 7psi, no more. Trying to run more will only lead to problems like the welds on the intake manifold breaking, or floorboards comming apart. Trust me, I saw it happen at a dyno once.. wasn't pretty. That poor guy wasn't born a midget </TD></TR></TABLE>
bwahahahaha
Old 06-01-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: how much boost can a stock gsr motor take?? (SOHC_MShue)

a friend of myne managed 9psi daily driven/raped on a t3/t4