Notices

How many of you with turbo'd rides get on a road course?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How many of you with turbo'd rides get on a road course?

ok guys...like the title says...doing the 1/4 mile and street racing is awesome. However being on a road course this last summer is so excilerating that its hard to find words to decribe it. Better then drugs..hehe.. ..anyway...do any of u guys run on a road course with ur turbo'd rides?

P.S...don't do drugs...
Old 01-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How many of you with turbo'd rides get on a road course? (Chillinit)

Thats a good way to test the reliability of your setup. I do a few backroads driving and I cringe when I'm done. It is just so hard on equipment that it is amazing. When you pop your hood at night and your whole engine bay is glowing red because of the turbine housing, your then realize why you use the synthetic oil.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:00 AM

Default Re: How many of you with turbo'd rides get on a road course? (danl)

its road course driving really that bad. I was hoping to build a turbo set-up for such a thing. I also had minimal HP gains to look at, and i would be rebuilding the engine. I was looking for like around 200 or so HP with maybe 9 psi but i don't even think i will need that much. Just some good tuning. If i was doing a drag car i would be buying a Barrel of Tolulene and playing around with a B20, but i don't have that much money, and that is why i am going with a d16z6 turbo.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:30 AM

Default Re: How many of you with turbo'd rides get on a road course? (snoochtodanooch)

I road raced my Greddy 18G turbo GSR for a few years before getting my NSX. It ran similar lap times as C5's etc. The only thing I would reccomend is 1 (the most important) get the Morroso baffled oil pan, or your pump will start throwing a CEL when it gets a pocket of air and will give you a 5k rpm limit until you reset the ecu. Next, an oil cooler is nice too.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Re: How many of you with turbo'd rides get on a road course? (Chillinit)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=742001
Old 01-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How many of you with turbo'd rides get on a road course? (TBell)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TBell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I road raced my Greddy 18G turbo GSR for a few years before getting my NSX. It ran similar lap times as C5's etc. The only thing I would reccomend is 1 (the most important) get the Morroso baffled oil pan, or your pump will start throwing a CEL when it gets a pocket of air and will give you a 5k rpm limit until you reset the ecu. Next, an oil cooler is nice too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

did u have any other problems while running the roadcourse?? did u use the same setup for both years(turbo..motor...etc)??
Old 01-25-2004, 06:59 PM
Night_Minx

I have a stock block turbo d series.
I have logged about 150 laps, with 100% reliability.

Have plenty of gas in the fuel tank, otherwise in tight corners, the weight shift will starve your fuel pump and you will detonate.