Notices

How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 10:31 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's?

.... me

I can't seem to fix it either, It's a small leak, about a teaspoon a day, but it also is lowering my oil pressure, not all that much, not noticable when I'm driving. It's leaking where the oil return line is. It's leaking up where the oil return line is coming out of the turbo. The oil fitting on the oil pan seems to be just fine, but it's the oil fitting up on the turbo that seems to be... persperating oil out. I've already took to to Pyan tech to get it fixed cuase I didn't know what else to do. I've already tightened things done, new another spare line I had, and checked that everythign was sealed, but I'm still getting a small annoying leak that is driving me CRAZY!!

When I took it to Payn, it was fixed, for about 2 days, then the oil leak came back... Hoorah!

So... who else has oil leakin problems when the installed their turbo's on thier Honda's? I'm just wondering if lots of people had oil leak problems when they turbo'd their cars.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (Snafu-Si)

I had an oil leak coming from the turbo side of the return line also but my problem was because I did not tighten the fittings. I'm assuming you are using Earls fittings and a SS line; did you wrap some teflon tape on the AN side? How is the angle of the return line? If angled wrong, it might not be draining all the oil back into the oil pan so some oil might be pushed back up the hose.

I hate oil problems .. first I had leaks then I had oil pressure problems. I rectified it by taking the turbo off
Old 04-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did...

It forced me to go back to N/A to just pass emissions...
Old 04-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps the question should be: How many people DON'T have oil leaks in their turbo Hondas?

I do. Dang oilpan has a pinhole leak in it from a shotty welding job.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:00 PM

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (xThexHeadx)

When I started I had oil leaks in every possible place you could imagine, even from the steering wheel.......................joke.

No but seriously my oil pressure gauge saved my *** many a time until I learned...............the hard way, but now I have wisdom to pass on.

I woulden't tighten that fitting to much into the turbo. I would take the turbo off, take the fitting off and see what the root of the problem is. I don't like fittings that screw into the bottom of the turbo unless they are flush with the inside, if not the oil pools up. My return has a flange that bolt flush to the turbo with a gasket.

Take it apart and if its stripped try to get a flange made and use it with a gasket as a bolt up deal. If not use your existing set up but try some .....................I hate to say it, JB Weld. I know I know, but if its your last resort its better to have one more thing to try than none.

Good luck, and remember, no oil and car go boom boom.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:58 PM

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (Hybrid)

i used to have oil leak, but i fixed it. now im burning oil
Old 04-09-2003, 01:01 PM

Oil leaking from steal braided lines? It shouldn't and if you're not using steal braided oil return line then maybe you might want to think about using it.

Colin
Old 04-09-2003, 01:04 PM

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (ekb18c)

leaks suck.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:09 PM

i'm losing quite a bit of oil, and i'm not sure from where because it all drips from the oil pan. I think its the oil feed
Old 04-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you lose about two quarts of oil when you blow the black PCV block off the back of the block. Fixed that, and....
No more leaks
Old 04-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (Tinker219)

my oil feed always leaks im gonna try to fix it when it gets warm.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I found that teflon tape works, but not that well. I also found that HondaBond works great around the threads because supposedly hondaBond never dries completly which allows it to fill holes well as parts vibrate etc. Try it - its a cheap fix if it works.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (Trigun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trigun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had an oil leak coming from the turbo side of the return line also but my problem was because I did not tighten the fittings. I'm assuming you are using Earls fittings and a SS line; did you wrap some teflon tape on the AN side? How is the angle of the return line? If angled wrong, it might not be draining all the oil back into the oil pan so some oil might be pushed back up the hose.
I hate oil problems .. first I had leaks then I had oil pressure problems. I rectified it by taking the turbo off
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's what my oil return looks like.

And yeah, that dark stain on my DP was a previous oil leak that was all over it. It doesn't leak enough to do that any more. But if you look up top were the fitting is on the turbo, that is where I assume it is leakin from. The tap on the oil pan is dry and smooth, no oil leaks there, so it looks to be form the turbo unit itself.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:06 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever fix my leak.

How long have you guys had your oil leaks for anyway?
Old 04-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1200 miles so far on the rebuild and one oil leak that was quickly fixed. Freaking intake cam seal started leaking on me at 800 miles. Can you say parts replacement warranty?
Old 04-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was surprised i have not had any leaks and my setup is the first one i have ever done. this was probably one of the things i was most worried about. now i only worry that my return is too long and is not flowing oil that great
Old 04-09-2003, 07:45 PM
New User

who DOESNT have an oil leak in turbo hondas/acuras? that is the question...
Old 04-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (SIK IN DA HED)

Oh i'm soooo looking forward to all these leaks in a couple months time now
Old 04-09-2003, 08:20 PM

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (poid)

I have a huge leak from my return where it's welded to the pan Owning C5's on the freeway is one thing, but owning C5's on the freeway while white smoke is billowing off your exhaust is way better!
Seriously though, it's annoying as hell....I need to fix the return, I just don't have the time to drop the downpipe and pan AGAIN....ugh..
Brian
Old 04-09-2003, 08:22 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (SIK IN DA HED)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIK IN DA HED &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who DOESNT have an oil leak in turbo hondas/acuras? that is the question... </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont have a leak.

thats one of the many reasons i copped out and got a "kit" even though turbo kits are SOOO UNCOOL here on honda-tech.

of course i made a lot of changes to the kit to suit my liking.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:55 PM

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (falconGSR)

i have turbo gsr and have no leaks whats so ever...had it for 1 year and 6 months.....i have a drag3 kit
Old 04-09-2003, 09:01 PM

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (CM-R)

no noticable leaks, but im burning oil like a muthah
Old 04-09-2003, 09:02 PM

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (falconGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by falconGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dont have a leak.

thats one of the many reasons i copped out and got a "kit" even though turbo kits are SOOO UNCOOL here on honda-tech. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ic, so these kit manufactures must have magical fairies that assemble their oil line kits with pixie dust right?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:10 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (UberTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UberTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ic, so these kit manufactures must have magical fairies that assemble their oil line kits with pixie dust right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're really gay sometimes. its called buying a product thats properly engineered. instead of some hardcore ghetto fabrication that leaves a nice oily spot on your driveway. but go ahead and ridicule me for being able to scrape enough money together for a kit instead of going custom cause custom is "soo much cheaper" and "such better quality"
Old 04-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's? (UberTeg)

damnit
after reading this i think i want to get a oil pressure gauge before i install my turbo

Quick Reply: How many people have oil leaks in their turbo honda's?