Notices

How does the APEXI drag car work? (link included)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does the APEXI drag car's turbo-system work? (link included)

http://formen.ign.com/news/35385.html

I was wondering about this car here..the article says that the car uses twin-turbos (but two of the same turbo) for boosting up to 22.8psi. So what is the advantage here? Are these something like twin sequentials (the first turbo is spooled up and when extra power is required, the second one adds boost to the first one = faster spooling times?)

Yeah..I was just wondering why they did this...and I must say that this turbo setup (maybe a little less powerful though) is quite appealing...It would seem to work well in a street setup and a race setup if the turbo's spool the way I suggested...but if they are both spooled at the same time, then my guess is that it would spool as quikly as a larger turbo, in which case: Why the hell did they do it like that? Less weight maybe?

They also used the H22a into a TEG hybrid...the one I've been contemplating...and asking about...but then I guess it is a straight-line car anyway so..

Thanks for any help here..

[Modified by archmage, 11:21 PM 11/11/2001]
Old 11-11-2001, 11:56 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: How does the APEXI drag car work? (archmage)

They also used the H22a into a TEG hybrid...the one I've been contemplating...and asking about...but then I guess it is a straight-line car anyway so...
Sorry I don't have much news of the Apexi Integra, but I just wanted to comment on this. I helped complete an H22 swap into a 99 Civic. As long as the axles are set up correctly, the weight is practically the same. About 85lbs or so heavier. I didn't know that before either. Should handle the same, right?
Old 11-11-2001, 01:07 PM
New User

Default Re: How does the APEXI drag car work? (shamoo)

dude, go lift 85lbs, and then go lift 170lbs. You tell me if you can tell the difference. Yes it will adversely affect handling.
Old 11-11-2001, 01:11 PM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: How does the APEXI drag car work? (VaporTrail)

That is true....my bad. I just wanted to say that cuz lots of people think it's a very large difference. I just said that it was less than I expected. My bad.
Old 11-11-2001, 02:21 PM

Default Re: How does the APEXI drag car work? (VaporTrail)

Hey...I've been asking around: Isn't there anything that can be done to counter-act the handling problems into an INtegra/other? Maybe go all out on suspension mods and transfer some weight to the back? (If a guy has his amplifiers and subwoofers in the trunk, would this help?) or maybe move the A/C to the trunk (not necessarily the AC...but just the general logic of balancing that kind of weight)...

Would that work...or will it "never be the same" as running a normal B18cX engine..?