Notices

How do you install a missing link and a FMU? Please help asap!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you install a missing link and a FMU? Please help asap!

Hey guys I have a car show to goto on Sunday so I need some help quick. Does anybody have any pics or a write up about how to install these things? I did a search but found nothing, any help would be great.

BTW I have a 97 civic ex coupe.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: How do you install a missing link and a FMU? Please help asap! (unfadeable civic)

you dont know how to install a missing link or an fmu but you are installing a turbo....
Old 08-19-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: How do you install a missing link and a FMU? Please help asap! (unfadeable civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by unfadeable civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys I have a car show to goto on Sunday so I need some help quick. Does anybody have any pics or a write up about how to install these things? I did a search but found nothing, any help would be great.

BTW I have a 97 civic ex coupe.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The directions come with the units.. If you dont have them then check with the company who makes them for instructions..

If you not sure how to do this then I wouldnt install anything, take it to someone who knows and get it done..

Also why are you getting this stuff? Do you have your turbo kit installed already or something? Or are you trying to get this stuff because everyone else has them?
Old 08-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you install a missing link and a FMU? Please help asap! (tgreaves)

LOL, No I already had the turbo kit installed but I didnt get any fuel managment. I bought the items used so I dont have the instructions. My CEL came on so Im trying to fix the problem. Soo... Does anybody want to tell me how to install these things? I figured they wouldnt be that hard to install. I just wanted to see some pix. Thanks
Old 08-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i donmt have any pictures but its as easy as removing your map sensor which is right before the throttle body which looks kinda like the missing link, and then the kit should have came with 2 long bolts which then goes into the map sensor then into the missing link which then goes back into the holding spot for the sensor. it will look elevated once installed, which is normal. its all pretty easy, just make sure that the kit came with O-rings or the signal will be to choppy and the motor will run like ****.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, I found some write ups and pics on yahoo.