Notices

How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and....

Well...I was with my friend..He's kinda stupid...but we were in his 95 Civic Si and he had a Greddy kit...and Type-S BOV...We were on the freeway and he decides to hit this guy up...The other guy had a 94-97 Integra LS...and my friend tries to showoff so he floors it up to the othre guy..and releases the gas..and PsssT...the other guy looked at us..and then he floored it also...then his BOV went off...My friend was like WTF...He made a total fool out of himself....he looked stupid and we just exited the freeway...How stupid WE feel..I was just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else..
Old 02-03-2002, 02:56 PM

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (AutoboTxEK)

why would you feel stupid for? You should have just gave the other dude a thumbs up and smile.
Old 02-03-2002, 02:58 PM

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (AutoboTxEK)

Not yet, but I am sure it will happen to me pretty soon if I keep up what I'm doing. Of course, its funny doing that to people that are riding their bikes along the side of the road. I have gotten a few of them to turn and look but lately I have been working really hard on building up enough pressure to scare the crap out of them making them crash. hehehe.
Old 02-03-2002, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (maxim)

I feel good.
Old 02-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (ekb18c)

why would you feel stupid for? You should have just gave the other dude a thumbs up and smile.
Ditto.
Old 02-03-2002, 03:56 PM

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (turbocoupe)

Its cause my friend thought he was the poo poo just bobbing his head..left hand on top or steering wheel..and sitting low/back....the other guy was just cruising...casually...
Old 02-03-2002, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't do all that show off stuff...a tt rx7 blew off a few times the other night beside me and i just dropped two gears and worked him from 50 to 100 and i had a few good cars on him. i didn't even blow off or rev after i let him pass me. don't know...not my style.
Old 02-03-2002, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OOOHHHH!!!! Your buddies a Stunnah! Now it makes sense.

Its cause my friend thought he was the poo poo just bobbing his head..left hand on top or steering wheel..and sitting low/back....the other guy was just cruising...casually...
Old 02-03-2002, 05:15 PM
New User

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (turbocoupe)

haha LOL!! i like that quote turbocoupe
Old 02-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (vudoo666)

Same thing happened to me. A nice looking Civic came up along side me and blew off. He probably thought I was stock with an exhaust. So I blew off back at him....except since I was running higher boost, it was waaaay louder.

He tried to take off after.....but I passed him pretty easily. My girlfriend just chuckled.
Old 02-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (vudoo666)

haha LOL!! i like that quote turbocoupe
Old 02-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn thats whack yO!. Your friend just basically hit that foo up for nuthing. If I were the guy in the Teg I would think that you were tryin to hit me up like you wanna race. But then it like you didn't want none of me cuz you heard my BOV too and just boned out the freeway...
Old 02-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just look at the poser next to me, whom usually has their jaw wide open, and grin a big ol grin...... My car is bastard, and looks like it too.....total sleeper.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a lil bit after I got my turbo on I did that but this was to a dodge van and I saw the guys elbow stickin out. So I decided to let the boost build to about 6 psi and let it off right by him. So there I go, pssssssstttttttttt (greddy Type s) at him. I was like yeah, you hear that, I see the guy look at me like what the hell are you doing. At that very moment my fuel line popped off and the damn car died on me on the highway. hahaha, man I went from the far left lane cut to the far right and on to the shoulder. I felt like a dumb *** for showin off. But i was just excited about the fact of being in a boosted and in a swapped hatch... wont do that again... Damnit my ricer boost by didnt work. Now i just chill like i should have been doing.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:16 PM
New User

i like hittin fools up and releasing the "spisshhhh" power on their candy ***... even if they are turbo or not...
Old 02-03-2002, 09:27 PM
New User

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (dlplayboy)

i usually just cruise, but if fools try to mess with me, ill blow off on them, its funny cuz usually after, they dont do poo poo
Old 02-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (RoaringTurtle)

me and my fake electronic blow off valve with upgraded speaker....

OOoooooooOOh Yeeea. You hear the power...

-Rage...who wishes he could afford FI
Old 02-03-2002, 10:19 PM

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (RoaringTurtle)

i usually just cruise, but if fools try to mess with me, ill blow off on them, its funny cuz usually after, they dont do poo poo
Ditto..
Old 02-04-2002, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (synergy004)

Damnit my ricer boost by didnt work. Now i just chill like i should have been doing.
FOCKER. That's what you get for pulling a boost by.

haha... maxim that was funny..

I intimidate all the time with my blow-off valve.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:10 AM
New User

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (MarkC)

I blow off at EVERYTHING!

Blowing off is notorious for being addictive I think.

I blow off at truckers, and get a thumbs up Yeah they know what a turbo is...

I blow off at teenagers hangin out at the drive up restaurant <Sonic Here>
They have no idea what it is, but I always hear "That car just sneezed I think" from at least one blonde.

I blow off at old people with their windows down on the road... They usually swerve around alot...

Hell, I blow off at buildings just to hear the sound reverb

Yes... I have completed step one. I am a boost addict. I'm not proud, but I admit it.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:11 AM

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (MarkC)

I don't think this thread made the world a better place. Why do I feel stupider after reading it?
Old 02-04-2002, 07:20 AM
New User

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (1)

I feel releived to finally have gotten that off my chest!
Old 02-04-2002, 07:39 AM
New User

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (maxim)

"I have been working really hard on building up enough pressure to scare the crap out of them making them crash. hehehe"

As a soon to be supercharged honda hybrid owner AND an avid road biker i find the above statement to be extreemly childish and dangerous. Not to mention criminal.

Please tell me you wern't serious. There ARE other people on the road you know and not all of them have four wheels and an engine. It's time for a compassion reality check dude.

Mike
Old 02-04-2002, 07:45 AM
New User

Default Re: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and.... (92sleepR)

hahahhahahahhaha!

Mike, GREAT Signature, man! Awesome!
Old 02-04-2002, 09:25 AM

blowing off is the best part of a turbo setup.......and damn its down right addicting. its funny when someone tries to pull or rev on you, then you just floor it and let off the blow off valve and the intimidation factor kicks in......the other car slows down and stays behind you the rest of the time.

Quick Reply: How do you feel when your BOV goes off in font of someone? and....