Notices

how do i run myoil line form the back of the engine to thr turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i run myoil line form the back of the engine to thr turbo???

hey whats up im boosting my b18b in my 95 hatch and i jus need help on installing the oil lines ? anyone got pics they help the best if not can u explain good? thanks
Old 07-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: how do i run myoil line form the back of the engine to thr turbo??? (brasilianstreet)

Get a sandwich adapter that goes between the oil filter. Gives you easy, clean access to oil.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:20 PM

where can i get one of those? also does any one have pics of this on the engine any problems b4 with it? thanks alot^^
Old 07-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (brasilianstreet)

Or just use a standard adapter that screws into the block itself.

Available from fast-turbo.com.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (brasilianstreet)

That sandwich plate is the right way to do it. Some use the oil sensor on the back of the block but that isnt safe because it can break off and turn into a big mess to try and fix.

I dont have any pics but I can give you an idea of what it looks like. Have you ever seen an OEM oil cooler? It works the same way, it just screws into the outlet where your oil filter goes. Then you screw your filter on to that. Its simple a "sandwitch" plate that goes between the block and oil filter or in some cases an extra "sandwich" between your block, oil cooler, adapter plate, and then oil filter.

You shouldnt have any clearance issues.

I hope that helps a bit... Im sure if you searched on HT or google you could find a good picture of it if your still confused.

Whats your concern for a picture anyhow?
Old 07-02-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: how do i run myoil line form the back of the engine to thr turbo??? (brasilianstreet)

Oil feed from the back of the engine block where your oil pressure sensor is to oil inlet on the turbo. use and adapter with the correct BSPT honda threads on it. other adapters will not have the correct threads and eventually breaks.
you don't need to spend $90.

about $20.

http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/c=v...OTODK
Old 07-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jDMJeRk)

I agree that the sandwich plate is probably the better way to do it, but alot of people have no issues with the adapter.

Also, you can use a small adapter, then run a -3an line to your firewall, where you then mount the three way adapter, which may be even better yet than the sandwich plate.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MooreBoost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MooreBoost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree that the sandwich plate is probably the better way to do it, but alot of people have no issues with the adapter.

Also, you can use a small adapter, then run a -3an line to your firewall, where you then mount the three way adapter, which may be even better yet than the sandwich plate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeh check out the link in my profile, the HT link. Lemme know if the pics dont show up