Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/how-do-i-make-my-turbo-water-cooled-1364521/)

Ls-Turbo 09-07-2005 08:26 PM

how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and..

i want my turbo to be water to air cooled how do i do that wat do i need and does it help? i plan to run this to a t3/t4 turbo..

Civicman86 09-07-2005 08:39 PM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (j.d.m.ness)

if the center cart. is not setup for watercooling you cant run it. it helps keep the turbo cooler (coolant basically flows aroudn the center cart to displace the heat).

ophdehEEEzy 09-08-2005 12:14 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (Civicman86)

Is it worth it? Where would the coolant feed from and return to?

sporty240 09-08-2005 12:40 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (OH ISH ITS DAT FOOL JAMES)

usually off the throttle body line

stackz 09-08-2005 04:41 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (sporty240)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sporty240 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">usually off the throttle body line</TD></TR></TABLE>

or you could plumb it inline with the heater core if you know which one is the feed for the heater core.

dornon13 09-08-2005 05:39 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (Civicman86)

sounds like he means water-air intercooled maybe

richeybrooks 09-08-2005 08:59 PM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (dornon13)

spray it with a garden hose. you people are dumb

Ls-Turbo 09-09-2005 01:15 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (dornon13)

yes that is wat i mean.. is thier another kind of watercooled

Flashmn 09-09-2005 02:37 AM

Thats not making your turbo watercooled, thats having a air/water intercooler, watercooled turbos are completely different.

Ls-Turbo 09-10-2005 10:32 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (Flashmn)

how do u make it air to watercooled..?

project dc2 09-10-2005 11:15 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by j.d.m.ness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do u make it air to watercooled..?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you cannot tap lines into the turbo to make it water cooled you have to buy a turbo that has these fittings/design built into the center rotating assembly ( for you .. the middle part of the turbo thingy)

to set your car up tofor a WATERCOOLED INTERCOOLER. basically what it is is .. do you know what a front mount intercooler looks like ? most of the ones you see on street cars are air-to -AiR intercoolers meaning. it works like a radiator. and BOOSTED air goes down the tubes of the intercooler and air passing through the fins cool it down. exactly like a radiator.

WATER to air. same design. however. the fins are boxed in and water runs trhough the fins to cool it down instead of air.

- advantages youc an use ICE COLD WATER to cool it down, brings down IAT's dramatically. and of course shorter intercooler piping

CONS- not good for a street setup, its a lotta lines and what not to run. when daily driving, an air to air is better and more efficient because of course the water heats up and doesnt dissapate heat as fast.

Ls-Turbo 09-10-2005 11:27 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (project dc2)

thanks u didnt have to dumb it down though... well i planned to keep my a/c and i heard if u run a/c and turbo i can over heat the car iam trying to find alternate ways to keep the engine from over heating..

project dc2 09-10-2005 01:00 PM

by running a water cooled turbo you're not really protecting it from overheating prob more prone to overheating because of the excess heat from the center section. however by runnin an air to water intercooler you can kinda defeat it a lil bit cuz the intercoolers not blocking air to the radiator.

just by reading the posts i figured you didnt understand turbo setups too much so i tried to make it a lil easier for you and most other people to understand.

Ls-Turbo 09-11-2005 10:20 PM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (project dc2)

thanks.. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif so wat can i do to expell the heat more effeciantly..?

richeybrooks 09-13-2005 06:02 PM

with a bigger raditor

Ls-Turbo 09-14-2005 12:12 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (richeybrooks)

does that work with my a/c..

xtremeness101 09-14-2005 08:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by j.d.m.ness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks u didnt have to dumb it down though... well i planned to keep my a/c and i heard if u run a/c and turbo i can over heat the car iam trying to find alternate ways to keep the engine from over heating..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Obviously from all your posts he did have to dumb it down for you... there are so many threads throughout this forum that will tell you exactly what you need to know... all you have to do is read like most of us do...
good luck

project dc2 09-14-2005 09:22 AM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (xtremeness101)

running and air to water intercooler will be beneficial in engine cooling due to theres no big ass intercooler in front of the radiator robbing it from fresh cool air passing through it.

a better way to making your engine run cooler is take the thermostat and drill a slightly larger hole into it. also run straight distilled* water and a bottle of water wetter to help protect against corrosion.

highboostb18c1 09-14-2005 09:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by j.d.m.ness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks u didnt have to dumb it down though... well i planned to keep my a/c and i heard if u run a/c and turbo i can over heat the car iam trying to find alternate ways to keep the engine from over heating..</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've been running a/c with my turbo setup for 2 years w/stock radiator and no overheating problmes here https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

Ls-Turbo 09-17-2005 06:23 PM

Re: how do i make my turbo water cooled..?? and.. (highboostb18c1)

how many lbs u running