Notices

How can we stop all of these thefts

Old 05-23-2003, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can we stop all of these thefts

Is there a way, I am sick and tired of people getting their car jacked, it makes me sick.

I just got my 00 Si w/Greddy Turbo jack in april. I want to buy another honda/acura, but all of this theft talk scares the **** out of me. I don't know what to do not, I am a honda rider to the heart, but this **** is insane.

What can we do to protect our cars. Is there a super alarm out there that will protect our ****.

I want to get a Clifford Avantguard 4.

We need something to stop those theives, any suggestions?
Old 05-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (DC2-Turbo)

if you have a garage it is pretty hard to steal the car.....but most of us dont have a garages
Old 05-23-2003, 10:22 AM

Well there is one sure way to stop or slow them down from stealing your car the main fuse for the ECU under the hood of the car. Most theives don't really think like that. No power to the ignition system from the battery no start. No they have to tow it.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

theres only few things we can do to actually stop this.

First off dont support stolen parts check the vins asap.
before buying big purchases.

Second put some kinda of gear lock transmission lock. This will at least will save the car from moving. Only way to get it would be tow th car.

Third would be kill switch or ecu cutout switch.

Fourth would be anti hijack

Fifth would be some kind of tracing software line onstar form GM

Sixth vin etch everything you can. More etching the more deters the theive.

Most thieves that still want your car will get it no matter what.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:37 AM

Do you guys think there are thieves gere on HT that use it to target thier next cars and such?
Old 05-23-2003, 10:38 AM

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (b18bturbo)

i suggest water ic, no fmic, no bling, no shiny exhaust tip, just a tsraight piece, etc
Old 05-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (MordecaiPSI)

Guaranteed
Old 05-23-2003, 11:13 AM

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (evoeone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evoeone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i suggest water ic, no fmic, no bling, no shiny exhaust tip, just a tsraight piece, etc</TD></TR></TABLE>
ugly cars dont attract thieves. Just say no to *Bling*
Old 05-23-2003, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot more car theives

Seriously: be more careful about showing your car to strangers, try not to post specs and photos online, don't roll into the parking lot with the radio blaring, don't leave CD and other nice item in plain veiw in your car, etc.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (Turbo E)

As much as I am affraid to share this, I guess I'll share. On top of what b18bturbo posted I will also add some things below.

- Get some RS door handles that do not have the "unlock" button. Relocate it to somewhere else on the car and invisiable from the outside.

- Trade ignition cylinder with your buddies so that if they do have a key it wont work. Or buy a new one from honda and it comes with a key.

When it comes down to it, if a theif really wants your car they will take it. BTW, there are thiefs here on HT reading this. Even friends of thiefs and you know who you are. If you know that your buddies are doing it then why dont you do anything about it?

art
Old 05-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As much as I am affraid to share this, I guess I'll share. On top of what b18bturbo posted I will also add some things below.

- Get some RS door handles that do not have the "unlock" button. Relocate it to somewhere else on the car and invisiable from the outside.

- Trade ignition cylinder with your buddies so that if they do have a key it wont work. Or buy a new one from honda and it comes with a key.

When it comes down to it, if a theif really wants your car they will take it. BTW, there are thiefs here on HT reading this. Even friends of thiefs and you know who you are. If you know that your buddies are doing it then why dont you do anything about it?

art</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn straight art i am sick of this too but life goes on
"
"
Old 05-23-2003, 11:55 AM

A removeable steering wheel would stop the drive offs.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (Farnsrocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Farnsrocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A removeable steering wheel would stop the drive offs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

have you ever watched TLC channel guys put a freking vice grip and can drive fine with them its ridiculous thieves allready 1 step ahead of us. thats the problem the y scout what they want look for stupid peopel doing stupdi things and then hit us. it sucks.. but its true. about 75% of thefts people leave the keys in the car thats general and not us honda guys. IN tx the FBI and the DFW auto TASK force is starting to crack down on this. They are actualyl checking vins and doing better stuff.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:07 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (Farnsrocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Farnsrocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A removeable steering wheel would stop the drive offs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's true. Also No matter what we do or say theiving will NEVER stop. We live in a sinful world and it's not going to stop untill the world ends. The best bet is to have a garage. And I'm thankful for that. What i've learned the most is, watch your friends becuase your friends-freinds will jack you and could care less who it affects. When you go out be alert and watch your rear view mirors. Also when it's time for you to meet up with someone meet them in a mutual place and not your house. It's very hard to trust people......even your friends. And the few you let come to your house, learn and watch how they hang around and ask questions. who cares if they get affended, this is your time and your investment were talking about. I have a buddy that has a nice GSR and had a Type-R and a Prelude and never been bothered with and he dosen't have a garage like me, becuase only a few knows where he lives, and he covers his vin# so keys can't be made. But mostly it will never stop.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:09 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18bturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

have you ever watched TLC channel guys put a freking vice grip and can drive fine with them its ridiculous thieves allready 1 step ahead of us. thats the problem the y scout what they want look for stupid peopel doing stupdi things and then hit us. it sucks.. but its true. about 75% of thefts people leave the keys in the car thats general and not us honda guys. IN tx the FBI and the DFW auto TASK force is starting to crack down on this. They are actualyl checking vins and doing better stuff. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your right, they have checked vin# at Kennedale before starting this past racing season.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:15 PM

Well I must say I agree...If they want it they will find a way to get it !

But then again SO WILL I, GET YOU !!!!!!

Attention Thieves :

I will hunt you down ! BURN your house down, your mamma's house, your neighbors house and then drag you to some remote area like I am sure you did to someone’s car...Strip you naked, spray you down with engine de-greaser yank all your toenails an fingernails off, even yank ALL your teeth out ! Burn every single hair off your body one by one ! Then I will let my buddy’s 190 pound Rot rip you to pieces. And then...what’s left of you, I will take pictures of your lifeless body an hunt down all of your crew and give them a choice...Comply turn yourself in or ROT !

Or we could make it simple. Find you, an take you out from over 250 yards... BING! No sound, no sight just a whisper in the dark right through your ear !
You decide !

And yes I do have a lot of time on my hands ! Death to thieves!

Modified by AcuraFreak at 4:16 PM 5/23/2003
Old 05-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WAYS TO AVOID HAVING YOUR CAR STOLEN

1) Don't tell people what you have.

2) Don't pop your hood for people you don't know.

3) See rule number 1.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:27 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (GudeH23a)

1. Quit posting pictures and listing the mods on your car....

WE ALL KNOW WHAT A TURBO INTEGRA looks like

2. Don't trust everyone you meet thats into imports...

3. Quit posting pictures and listing the mods on your car.....

and finally

4. Quit posting pictures and listing your mods....

it's like a shopping list for a thief.. then all they have to do is narrow down where you usually travel or work and bingo.....

Old 05-23-2003, 01:46 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (GSRwBOOST)

plain and simple
Old 05-23-2003, 01:49 PM

the biggest problem i had when i had my turbo kit was to try and make it theft-deterrent. since a civic with a b18c5 with itr 5-lug and rims and 2-3 stock GSR's got stolen all within 3 months from my APARTMENT COMPLEX!

i painted my FMIC black, was gonna use a ES oval muffler painted black with stock piping. and most importantly. keep it stock height!
i was planning to show/tell no one my set up and drive it very calmly in my area. when i go to school, i will keep my car quiet and not blow off if possible.

believe it or not, i believe the #1 thing NOT to do is to lower your car. the #1 mod people do is lower their car. if a car is stock height, no one will think anything of it no matter how loud it is (unless its the bov making all the noise).

but yeah, i also believe if a thief wants your car, he will eventually get it.

but no more turbo kit for me anyways so i dont have to worry about it.

but for MASE (i just saw his thread), that was one beautiful integra. but a car like that with those rims, headlights, fmic, etc, with no garage, = waiting to be stolen.

its just a fact turbo honda/acura owners have to accept.
\
the only turbo cars that are safe from theft are STOCK turbo cars. i never hear much a bout a stock wrx with a loud hks bov getting stolen
Old 05-23-2003, 01:57 PM

Default Re: How can we stop all of these thefts (Tru Dynamix)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tru Dynamix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the #1 thing NOT to do is to lower your car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You may be on to something here. I had a turbo GSR for about a year..no problems. I put a set of Ground Controls on it and less than 2 weeks later...gone.

The cops found it a month later stripped down to the frame....

hmmmm...makes you wonder huh?
Old 05-23-2003, 02:32 PM

chain a pit bull to the tow hook thingy.. .
take ecu and keep under ur pillow. . .
lock doors and steering colum every night. . . and pull the ebrake up to the dome light. hehe
if u buy a honda off somone suspicious. . like i did. . . change the ignition and door locks.. its not as bad as it seems. . i did it myself, get a set off a junked honda , as u know when people sell thei cars hey always keep a spare key. and that key can ge into the wrong hands
Old 05-23-2003, 03:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2) Don't pop your hood for people you don't know.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if u buy a honda off somone suspicious. . like i did. . . change the ignition and door locks.. its not as bad as it seems. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Full agreed !!!

For myself, stock car, slighty lowered that's all...
Thieives, neighbours and police won't be interested in my car. It's just MY car, just for ME no need to show.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spark)

i have an idea, this guy that made this post is probadly a theive ...

His 1st post is "how to stop thefts"

hrumm.. kinda fisshy..

I say **** you all who dont get **** the right way...

I was also thinking about , buying some of those little camaras. Put them in my garage and outside... but thats a little hard core.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSRwBOOST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Quit posting pictures and listing the mods on your car....

WE ALL KNOW WHAT A TURBO INTEGRA looks like

2. Don't trust everyone you meet thats into imports...

3. Quit posting pictures and listing the mods on your car.....

and finally

4. Quit posting pictures and listing your mods....

it's like a shopping list for a thief.. then all they have to do is narrow down where you usually travel or work and bingo.....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

if everyone quit, there wouldnt be a honda-tech.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How can we stop all of these thefts