Notices

How to build a Jackson Racing supercharged integra and not get ripped off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to build a Jackson Racing supercharged integra and not get ripped off.

I've noticed through dealing with my car everyone wants to make a dollar and you can certainly waste allot of dollars building an integra. This post is to help people who are just starting to build there integra not waste money.

Jackson supercharged cars are a totally different animal then turbo cars.
You don't need aftermarket valves or aftermarket cams in fact they hurt power
you don't need a sleeved block in fact I really don't think you need aftermarket pistons and connecting rods.

What you do need is a supercharged integra,440 injectors,hondata,boost upgrade pulley,upgraded fuel pump,short ram intake a header and exhaust.

The header is the key to making really good power with a supercharger I use a hy-tech tri-y myself the toda header also does good but stay away from DC weapon R ect. The header you choose makes all the difference in the world on a supercharged car. You don't need a three inch exhaust either just get a good exhaust I personally use a twin loop mugen exhaust.

When I was having my car built they tried to tell me I needed a port and polish I needed ferrera valves and that I needed forged pistons and connecting rods and then supposedly I needed to sleeve my block. At the end of the day all it boiled down too was people either didn't know what in the world I actually needed or they were just trying to sell parts. Or maybe they had been working on turbo builds too long. I did end up going with forged pistons and Eagle Rods but in hindsight I didn't need them.

If you are going to build a jackson racing supercharged integra keep it simple you don't have to go crazy spending money to make the intended amount of power or reach your goals. A set of valve springs may be a good idea and retainers but there's no reason to build your engine like a turbo car.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How to build a Jackson Racing supercharged integra and not get ripped off.

so how much power did you make?
sounds like you went to the wrong shop lol....
Old 01-16-2011, 10:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: How to build a Jackson Racing supercharged integra and not get ripped off.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To understand a supercharger, you first must know how it works...

On a JRSC Honda, two things that limit power is:

Boost pressure
Flow limits of the supercharger.

The flow limit of a JRSC M62 is around 300 WHP give or take a few. So how do you get 300 WHP out of a 1.8 L GSR? Through more boost of course.

But a JRSC is boost limited to about 9 PSI before it becomes very inefficient and runs really hot. It also uses much more power from the crank (way higher parastic drag) to drive the supercharger as you increase the boos. So even when it is intercooled, it is still inefficient because it steals more power from the crank to drive it at higher pressures. It is always best to keep the boost as low as possible.

So to the OP, whatever mods you've done, like bigger cams, port and polish, different exhaust/header, sleeved block, it is never a waste of time. It all depends on your POWER GOAL.

If you intend to make 220 WHP out of your GSR, and all other mods is a complete waste of time. Your stock GSR motor can flow for that at about 7-8 PSI.

What if you wanted 280-290 WHP? I must say, you need to have all the mods you've listed.

It's not that hard to understand. There is no other way to make a JRSC Integra pushing out 280+ WHP with a JRSC unless you can increase the VE of the motor to ingest the airflow from the supercharger to deliver more power. Sleeving the motor is good if you wanted a 2.0L setup. P&P and proper cams will add more power at the same PSI of boost. A 3" exhaust becomes necessary when you have bigger cams to suit, and the overlap cycle requires a very free flowing exhaust system. Everything has a purpose, but you have to understand what mods do what for the engine

Last edited by Tony the Tiger; 01-17-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mine makes 243.3whp at 10psi If your staying under 300whp which presumably you are if you bought a JRSC there's no need for cams larger valves ect. Show me a JRSC integra GSR making much over 243.3 I highly doubt you'll find many. If your saying there people out there with 300wHP coming out of a GSR with a JRSC where are they because I haven't met one nor seen one. You don't need a sleeved block unless your intention is to make over 300whp. I've seen a type R hit 280whp and the guy had 14 thousand dollars tied up in his motor it's ridiculous. My formula is cost Vs reward and the cost of the parts doesn't equal the reward in the case of a JRSC boosted car.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slimsdizz
mine makes 243.3whp at 10psi If your staying under 300whp which presumably you are if you bought a JRSC there's no need for cams larger valves ect. Show me a JRSC integra GSR making much over 243.3 I highly doubt you'll find many. If your saying there people out there with 300wHP coming out of a GSR with a JRSC where are they because I haven't met one nor seen one. You don't need a sleeved block unless your intention is to make over 300whp. I've seen a type R hit 280whp and the guy had 14 thousand dollars tied up in his motor it's ridiculous. My formula is cost Vs reward and the cost of the parts doesn't equal the reward in the case of a JRSC boosted car.
wow 243 on 10 psi it has to be a dynapack
Old 01-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thus, the reason why we have so many turbo Hondas lurking on this forum...lol JRSC is really only as good as a bolt-on power increase, and for those CARB people.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger
Thus, the reason why we have so many turbo Hondas lurking on this forum...lol JRSC is really only as good as a bolt-on power increase, and for those CARB people.
yup everyone knows a jackson is a turd setup lol......
to the op
u don t even live in cali y jackson.....
Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Best setup for a JSRC, higher compression, I/H/E, 10psi pulley setup, and N2O to help cool that hot air.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so how would one make more power w/o adding internals or running the sc too hot
Old 01-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rev-speed
yup everyone knows a jackson is a turd setup lol......
to the op
u don t even live in cali y jackson.....
Turd maybe for drag racing... you say that till you get owned by one at auto x or smaller track config.
The following users liked this post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes they are animals from an SCCA standpoint.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive never seen a jrsc setup run 6's in the 1/8th have you

its not even a good investment unless you looking for the bling factor or a street racer per say.

maybe if you get a used one for 800 bux it might be but even then you can get an ebay turbo kit to crush it for cheaper
Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A properly sized turbo will destroy a Jackson
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 AM
I live under a rock

Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger
To understand a supercharger, you first must now how it works...
The supercharger was born to a 3-legged bitch of a mother.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

243.3whp no wasn't done on a dynapack I forget what the dyno is called it raises the whole car up in the air like a car lift and the front wheels are on rollers. Jackson Actually adjusted there GSR numbers on there website to match mine.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The hy-tech header made the biggest difference on mine went up 19whp over my weapon R header. I know turbos have more top end power there also sitting there roasting everything under the hood they run hot. I guess it's pick your poison. I'm running a high compression motor with the jackson and I'm really pleased. On a curvy road it's gone it's a total curve carver and thats what I wanted. It makes enough power to run every bit of fifth gear out. I backed off at 155 mph
Old 01-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Well then folks, there you have it. Another thread that needs to end now. Thanks for the input slimdizz.. one to grow on there.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

GSR engine
Cp pistons 11:1 compression ratio
Eagle connecting rods
Supertech valve springs and titanium retainers
new jackson supercharger
hondata S300
Motorvations boost upgrade pulley
Hytech header
mugen twin loop exhaust
Short ram injen intake then I chopped it down as short as I could get it and put a cone filter thats about 12 inches long on it.
I had water meth injection but didn't like it so I took it off didn't really make a difference.
And a proper tune jumped major power when I got rid of chrome. The switch of the header and going to hondata and upgrading the boost pulley and getting rid of my previous tuner jumped the car 40WHP roughly
Old 01-17-2011, 04:49 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Old 01-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

was it a dyno com? I can bet money it wasnt a dynojet
Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The hy-tech header made the biggest difference on mine went up 19whp over my weapon R header. I know turbos have more top end power there also sitting there roasting everything under the hood they run hot. I guess it's pick your poison. I'm running a high compression motor with the jackson and I'm really pleased. On a curvy road it's gone it's a total curve carver and thats what I wanted. It makes enough power to run every bit of fifth gear out. I backed off at 155 mph
What the hell do you think you are roasting as you turn up your hairdryer to 10psi? Jackson kits are a joke. This whole thread is a joke. You made 240whp. Great. I make more with a single cam. Now, remove the Jackson, install a turbo and experience what you have been missing.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hybrid96EK
Now, remove the Jackson, install a turbo and experience what you have been missing.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

I too agree the jrsc is not good past 300hp but! it seems allot of you guys speak from inexperience, my last jrsc made 285hp @12psi at churches, might not be that much but it made one the highest hp from a jrsc he has seen in a while so when its done right it can be stout. I built this setup with all new parts but it can be done for way less with a used motor and blower as well. I dominated turbo cars all day! evo's wrx turbo hondas gto a number of mustangs the list continues ya you get 400-450whp with turbo setups but its hard to hook that power down. the combination of the weight i took off the integra and the hp made it a very strong and fast jrsc'd integra sadly its parted out but it was very fun! The down fall imo is power out put and maintence, theres allot of little things that got to me, like leaks and ripped belts, sliped belts and the biggest of all the carb legal factor! the street legal setup @5psi is just weak once you modifie it in c.a its ilegal! i hate cali!!!! its why i sold it cause i got reffed.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...2556604&page=5

Quick Reply: How to build a Jackson Racing supercharged integra and not get ripped off.