Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8are4OVjE1A

Enjoy,
Chris.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video (HPF Chris)

cool
Old 01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video (non-VTEC)

nice that supra sounds insaneeee
Old 01-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that was a good video. nice and clear with some fast cars.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video (93CX)

For some reason i think that supra wouldve been faster with the 6-speed seeing as how fast they were going..But if the supra and the turbo m3 wouldve drag raced..the supra wouldve deffinately won.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video (RedEj8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedEj8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For some reason i think that supra wouldve been faster with the 6-speed seeing as how fast they were going..But if the supra and the turbo m3 wouldve drag raced..the supra wouldve deffinately won.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Obviously they are trying to market the M3 turbo kit, so I'm not surprised to see the video favouring the M3.

I mean, who the hell runs only 24 psi on race gas and a TH400 Supra? With race gas, it better be touching 30 psi or more. I don't even think the turbo is even awake yet...lol

The M3 is badass either way though... It's stock exhaust too...lol
Old 01-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video (RedEj8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedEj8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For some reason i think that supra wouldve been faster with the 6-speed seeing as how fast they were going</TD></TR></TABLE>

The auto is actually faster. I also have a supra with a th400 & 3800 stall.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I mean, who the hell runs only 24 psi on race gas and a TH400 Supra? With race gas, it better be touching 30 psi or more. I don't even think the turbo is even awake yet...lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

How right you are.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video (Tony the Tiger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony the Tiger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It's stock exhaust too...lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

it looks more like a low key ac schnitzer exhaust but still not its full potential
Old 01-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video (zeimbo)

Yeah,a built supra motor and only 650hp???

Id say that thing is ready for an easy 800, but then the video wouldve been gay.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:03 PM

i think theyre just trying to give a reference to a stock car, and a relative competitor. its obvious that supra has more potential than the 650 stated. but they are showing that it can keep up with a 650whp supra.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: (hybrdthry911)

havent kept up with e46 power figures lately...or at all, but is 675 out of one about right? on a STOCK motor?
Old 01-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Casey)

i would like to see some HP freaks vs Rrev races
Old 01-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Timmay)

bmw needs awd
Old 01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (abnaasefmb)

Well, the M3 is only running 11psi. So i dont think it would be a fair race if they cranked up the boost on the supra to 30+psi, it would abviously smoke the m3.

I'd like to see what kinda power the M3 could make at 25psi.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SpdFrk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpdFrk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, the M3 is only running 11psi. So i dont think it would be a fair race if they cranked up the boost on the supra to 30+psi, it would abviously smoke the m3.

I'd like to see what kinda power the M3 could make at 25psi.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Low compression slugger with slushbox = needs high PSI

High compression NA-to-turbo conversion = blows up at higher PSI

Not to be harsh, but you need to do some research... The M3 won't live at anything higher than 11 psi. Think about it, it's a world record pull with race gas, and is pushing over 250 BHP/L on a 11.5:1 CR motor. The M3 is really impressive and surprises the heck out of me with its performance gains, but it's no Supra slayer and that's what I didn't like how the video was portrayed. What HPF needed was this turbo M3 vs a supercharged M3 and both on race gas.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tony the Tiger)

To be honest with you i've seen some really good numbers comin out of m3 motors.

I wouldnt have to do any research, I know high compression motors that are forced feed in any way will blow up with high amounts of boost. But this video shows a stock m3 making 600rwhp going up against a built single turbo supra making 650rwhp with a th400 auto tranny and its barely out running the m3. Its not a huge horsepower difference, but one reason the m3 could keep up was because of its high compression to help spool the turbo sooner. I know if they dropped the compression it would hurt there numbers by a good amount but for a bolt on kit its pretty impressive.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpdFrk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To be honest with you i've seen some really good numbers comin out of m3 motors.

I wouldnt have to do any research, I know high compression motors that are forced feed in any way will blow up with high amounts of boost. But this video shows a stock m3 making 600rwhp going up against a built single turbo supra making 650rwhp with a th400 auto tranny and its barely out running the m3. Its not a huge horsepower difference, but one reason the m3 could keep up was because of its high compression to help spool the turbo sooner. I know if they dropped the compression it would hurt there numbers by a good amount but for a bolt on kit its pretty impressive.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh you do know having higher compression wont spool faster right? Also the t74 turbo is not near its efficiency range at 24psi more like 30+... Apples and oranges me says
Old 01-01-2007, 09:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpdFrk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To be honest with you i've seen some really good numbers comin out of m3 motors.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

if they dropped compression, they would just run more boost. for the most part higher c/r doesnt spool the turbo faster it just makes more off boost power.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I didnt like the way the supra was shown either. Stock supra motor should handle 800+whp, so if there showing a built one with race gas, it should be putting out at least 1000whp. They shouldnt have said the supra was built and running on race gas when they tuned it down to 650 whp, cause its going to give alot of M3 owners with that kit false hopes of beating one.

It must suck having all that power and no traction until fourth gear
Old 01-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the supra seemed to be lifting pretty early, but that's a sick bimmer no matter what.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: HorsepowerFreaks Turbo M3 vs Single Turbo Supra Video (SiR99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didnt like the way the supra was shown either. Stock supra motor should handle 800+whp, so if there showing a built one with race gas, it should be putting out at least 1000whp. They shouldnt have said the supra was built and running on race gas when they tuned it down to 650 whp, cause its going to give alot of M3 owners with that kit false hopes of beating one.

It must suck having all that power and no traction until fourth gear</TD></TR></TABLE>

it seems they were being honest. false hopes? they are showing him keeping a supra making 650rwhp. nothing more. a noob that watched this video would expect to keep up with a 650rwhp supra not a 1000rwhp supra.

a stock block supra with an upgraded turbo making 650rwhp might have been a better competitor, but most people dont have that many supras to choose as a competitor.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpdFrk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt have to do any research, I know high compression motors that are forced feed in any way will blow up with high amounts of boost. But this video shows a stock m3 making 600rwhp going up against a built single turbo supra making 650rwhp with a th400 auto tranny and its barely out running the m3. Its not a huge horsepower difference, but one reason the m3 could keep up was because of its high compression to help spool the turbo sooner. I know if they dropped the compression it would hurt there numbers by a good amount but for a bolt on kit its pretty impressive.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, you need to do research. Boost does not blow up motors, HP and TQ does. The M3 is already making 634 WHP, and by turning up the boost, you either run out of compressor flow, or the engine can't handle the added power, or you run into detonation limit at such a high static CR.

The Supra is not making 650 WHP @ 25 PSI with a TH400, I'm sure it's making lesser... You ca do some research on the power losses @ wheels assosciated with automatics. On the Supra dyno archive, SP74/T74/PT74 Supras only pushes between 600-650 WHP on a 6-spd at 22-24 psi ranges. Factor in another 12-15% driveline losses from a TH400, you end up with typical mid-high 500WHP Supra. That is exactly how the outcome should be when the car is behind 80-100 WHP, but the high stall automatic was making up a lot of the power deficit.

With a TH400, there is no such thing as a "powerband" and it's good to keep that in mind.. So do some research on high stall automatics. It's constantly making peak power whenever it is at stall speed, and keeps doing so until it runs out of gear.

The M3 was not winning because "it had a better powerband"... It just had more power really.

Compression has nothing to do with "better top-end". All it does is offer smoother powerband and better throttle response. For a rolling highway race, none of those qualities would have resulted in the outcome we've just seen. If the TH400 Supra was also making equal power @ wheels, the outcome could go either way.

I've probably told you to research for about 4 times now... Yes, you need to do more research before you talk!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tony the Tiger)

Ive seen guys loose over 100whp on the dyno by just going to the th400 with big stall..

but after riding in my buddies 47-88 stroker supra with th400.. oh my thats a good feeling