Notices

Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple

I am planning to have my system retuned by Gruvytune(a reputable Hondata tuner located on this board) but In order for him to come down, I need two more people in need on tuning. We will also need to chip in for him to stay at a local hotel for the night. Anyone interested, please let me know ASAP. We'll have to give him 2 weeks notice. Thanks
Old 01-05-2004, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (Blown95GEESR)

Where is this going to be held?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (xenocron)

As of now, My house, I am located in Bergen County, NJ.. Franklin Lakes

Modified by Blown95GEESR at 3:44 PM 1/5/2004
Old 01-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (Blown95GEESR)

how much will it be?
Old 01-05-2004, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (B18Flip)

You've got an IM....
Old 01-05-2004, 10:04 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Hows about you just rent a dyno... Ill help out if its needed.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (SIXTYdashONE)

Take advantage of this one guys......

Gruvytune is sharp when it comes to Hondata.........
Old 01-05-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (EFIGUY)

I doubt that we'll need any dyno tuning but we'll keep you in mind if someone does ... Thanks

My car will be street tuned.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I sent a friend in NJ to him and he made a little over 400 at the wheels on pump gas
Old 01-05-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (0x64)

I need my car tuned, however im hesitiant for anyone to touch my car.

I've been reading hondatech for months, but just registered. I dont mean to talk ****, but isnt gruvytune the same guy who made a user's ecu smoke and short out things in his electrical system? I think he had problems forever. I dont want anything like that happening to my car
Old 01-05-2004, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (Unger)

Personally, I have only heard postive experiences from numerous people. He knows how to tune Hondata systems better than most reputable shops. I have no problem whatsoever trusting Gruvtune tuning my car. Many people on this board can vouch for him. Its a no brainer...
Old 01-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (Unger)

I was posting my friend's experience. I have heard nothing bad come from him.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:11 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Unger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need my car tuned, however im hesitiant for anyone to touch my car.

I've been reading hondatech for months, but just registered. I dont mean to talk ****, but isnt gruvytune the same guy who made a user's ecu smoke and short out things in his electrical system? I think he had problems forever. I dont want anything like that happening to my car </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm. let me clarify that one....

Hondata sent him a bad modified ECU. Hondata confirmed that and also admitted to me they had 4 out of 20 test bad when i had them look at the other ones they had. If that person (whose name I wont mention) said anything other than that, then it confirms they have no idea of what they are talking about. I bent over backwards for him as well to make sure Hondata sent him a new ECU and did not charge him a cent either for the new ECU nor my own time. Its amazing what ignorant people will say sometimes.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (GruvyTune)

If I would have gone Hondata I would already have had him tune my car. If you ever saw his black GSR you would know his has his head on straight.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (GruvyTune)

Ah ... I remember that thread now. That was quite a while ago.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple

2 spots still available
Old 01-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when are you all looking to do something like this? maybee he can come up to my shop if you plan on tuning off a dyno.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (queez)

Well I live in Bergen County too...but I dont run Hondata, although its a Honda ECU in combo with an editor, all the same **** right?

While he's down here, if you get others...I'd be interested in taking him for a ride for an hour and seeing if he could help me a bit...as a fellow EFI101 graduate! But dont count me as one of the three needed.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (xenocron)

damn you
where were you guys a month ago (before my car was stolen)
Old 01-06-2004, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more people

Bump
Old 01-06-2004, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I personally only heard good things about Gruvytune. As far as the ECU issue, most shops would have blamed it on Hondata, and still taken thee money for all the time spent tuning, regardless of recieving bad product (and not go through the hassel of resolving the problem).

Anyways when do you plan on doing this? I have a partial turbo kit, but don't plan on installing it until March, I need to get injectors, T-Clamps, nuts and bolts, and Fuel Management first. Plus figure out how it all goes together, as I am a new to boost. Anyways let me know, when and the cost.

Thank You,

Gene
Old 01-06-2004, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (COOKIEPUSS)

Whenever we get two more people that are willing to commit. All I have to in the meantime is to order my custom exhaust from Accordinglydone.com and have it installed, then I am all ready to go. I might swap out my ITR intake cam back to stock too.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:30 AM

Default Re: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple (COOKIEPUSS)

If this helps, I know first hand that Gruvytune is a solid tuner. DEFINITELY knows his ****. I was in awe watching him tune my car when I had the stroked out b16 (and turbo of course) in my car. that motor had problems before I took it to him so I dont really have results to prove his work besides a dyno sheet of my car putting down 350whp (at 5k rpm's) with a blown head gasket. But anyway, after watching him work I would not let anyone else touch my car.

With that said, I wonder how far this place in NJ is from me (Worcester MA)? If it's closer then driving to Gruvytune's neck of the woods then I'll take part in this get together. I now have a stock motor with the turbo bolted to it not tuned at all... I'm sick of driving below 0psi, I could really use a tuning.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:57 AM
billab2ong

NJ is approx. 4.5 hours from boston.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:11 AM

Im from Hawthorne, NJ, which is rael close to Franklin Lakes and im interested.. i just need a time and place, and a price..

Quick Reply: Hondata tuning by Gruvytune In NJ/NY Metro Area: Need two more peple