Notices

Hondata Tuner in AZ (already searched)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata Tuner in AZ (already searched)

I was wondering if anyone new of a good shop that tuned Hondata in arizona? I will be picking up my car there and bringing with me a s200b and installing it while I'm there. I just really don't want to drive 12+ hours on a fmu/missing link setup. Thanks
Old 01-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata Tuner in AZ (tegs)

http://hondata.com/contact.html
Old 01-05-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Hondata Tuner in AZ (HRTuning)

What part of Arizona? I know Locash does Hondata tuning in Phoenix, and Apex Motorsports does it in Tucson. I know the mechanic and owner of Apex, and we tuned my car pretty easily.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:48 PM

Can anyone vouch for Locash, or Apex's tuning abilities?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

full race y0
Old 01-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">full race y0</TD></TR></TABLE>

Full-Race won't tune Hondata...

Joe@Locash will get you taken care of...
Old 01-05-2005, 07:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hondata Tuner in AZ (tegs)

LOCASH at HASPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:42 AM

Thanks for the replies, I'll make sure and give em a call and see what's going on.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HRTuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HRTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Full-Race won't tune Hondata...

Joe@Locash will get you taken care of... </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Smooth1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry to hear about that... Locash in Arizona? I keep hearing bad things about him left and right...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sarcasm, yes?

Locash was pretty unhelpful with Nick's Hondata problem. ECU came from Locash unchipped with the basemap it was supposed to have, the interface box was never set up for the datalogging option as it was supposed to, Nick was never given his luser/pass for the Hondata tuner .bin library, and dear sweet Joe Sawyer didn't care to rectify the problem.

Yup, Apex @ Tucson it is.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sarcasm, yes?

Locash was pretty unhelpful with Nick's Hondata problem. ECU came from Locash unchipped with the basemap it was supposed to have, the interface box was never set up for the datalogging option as it was supposed to, Nick was never given his luser/pass for the Hondata tuner .bin library, and dear sweet Joe Sawyer didn't care to rectify the problem.

Yup, Apex @ Tucson it is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No... While I remember that Nick had a problem, I really don't know what happened on both sides... That statement you quoted was long before I had ever met/talked with Joe and I have a completely different opinion of him now... Hearing things about someone from the internet and meeting/dealing with them in person gives you two very different perspectives, no?

Anyway, he's been tuning with Hondata longer than Apex (Who started not too long ago iirc) and his ability to diagnose and fix issues with some of the oddball cars I've seen him work on is unmatched... He knows Hondas inside and out... This is why I'm recommending him and my vouch still stands... For Hondata tuning in Arizona I'd have to say he's the best option currently...
Old 01-07-2005, 02:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I never argued ability or talent, I argued interest and ethics.

Having met Nick IRL, as well as Blundy who tried to interface with Hondata for Nick, hearing two firsthand accounts, I believe the operative phrase is "fucked in the ***." I'm fairly sure Dave's intent on bringing Nick to the Hondata seminar in MD last March was so he could meet Doug. Dunno if Nick broached the subject with Doug or not, but 6 months after the seminar I know Nick's problems were unresolved.

I believe there is a big power boosted ITR owner that made the comment yesterday (?) that Ubercrap has better support than Hyundaidata. That's pretty ******* sad coming from an **** retentive ITR owner, which are known for believing Brand Names and Spending Lots Of Money are the only ways to get things done.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HRTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hearing things about someone from the internet and meeting/dealing with them in person gives you two very different perspectives, no?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ever think that some people might just be blowing smoke up your *** because you have rep and a few skills, and they want to be able to milk you at a later date? Ever think that sort of person doesn't have your best interest at heart, and you might not like the milking? Politics are, by definition, dirty. Keep in mind Locash is a Hondata dealer, Mister InepTune.

Very much reminds me of the One Fab asshat who disliked the quality and fit of the Full-Race manifold he purchased, despite allegedly being a "talented fabricator" himself, who wanted me to post up his pictures and not mention his name. Stated reason for this: because I disliked Geoff (another asshat), and he didn't want to rock the boat himself... my interpretation, he wanted a ******* patsy. If the product was as shitty as the pictures, I would have bitched instead of approaching a third party to anonymously slander someone.

Not that I wasn't tempted to, but the rest of the Full-Race guys, from all I've seen, have good attitudes, even tempers, are helpful, and don't take every opportunity to stoke their fevered little egos.

This is going to be a can of worms.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J. Davis)

In the interest of ethics though, I don't think it would be ethical for me to recommend this guy to either of the other Hondata tuners in AZ... One is fairly new to the tuning game, and the other is horrible at it... I'm well aware Joe is a Hondata dealer (Hence recommending him for Hondata tuning, imagine that), and with that said... Joe knows what he's doing with Hondata and Joe knows what he's doing with Hondas in general... Suddenly my recommendation of the quality of his work that I have seen first hand has to be based on his ability to milk me?

Anyway, I've explained why I recommended Joe... There's really nothing else for me to say...
Old 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM

I've known Locash for 5+ years now, and had a million various transactions with him as well as chewed the fat with him about anything automotive related. He's always been 100% legit, and knows what he's doing. If I didn't do all of my own work on my car (for the past 7+ years) he'd be the first person from an extremely short list that's in AZ I'd trust to touch it. I'm not sure what experiences others have had, but I wanted to throw in my $0.02 that he's always been a standup guy with me and everyone I've referred to him over the years.

Ryan P.

Modified by SJP0tato at 7:12 PM 1/7/2005
Old 01-07-2005, 08:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (SJP0tato)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SJP0tato &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've known Locash for 5+ years now, and had a million various transactions with him as well as chewed the fat with him about anything automotive related. He's always been 100% legit, and knows what he's doing. If I didn't do all of my own work on my car (for the past 7+ years) he'd be the first person from an extremely short list that's in AZ I'd trust to touch it. I'm not sure what experiences others have had, but I wanted to throw in my $0.02 that he's always been a standup guy with me and everyone I've referred to him over the years.

Ryan P.

Modified by SJP0tato at 7:12 PM 1/7/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would agree.....and i haven't had a million transactions....couple handfuls....but i do know joe from the old hybrid board....from way back in the day!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HRTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Joe knows what he's doing with Hondata and Joe knows what he's doing with Hondas in general... </TD></TR></TABLE>

^
Old 01-08-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: (Full-Race Javier)

Just be sure you catch Joe on a good day in the middle of the week.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:11 PM

I decided to have it tuned at home instead, FULL THROTTLE is who is going to do it. Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it.