Notices

hondata/ FPR...thoughts/opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 03:39 PM
TurboJesse

Default hondata/ FPR...thoughts/opinions?

My fuel setup consists of the following
S100b
550's
walbro 255 intank pump

I know some people run a FPR with hondata and other say its not needed, i'll buy one if its absolutly necessary, But would prefer not too...let me know what you think.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: hondata/ FPR...thoughts/opinions? (Mpir3)

you don't need one. It just makes tunning a lot easyer and your tunner will kinda give you a dirty look if you don't have one.. LOL

with out a FPR you'll have to go into each RPM point and adjust -/+ the fuel %. So that even mean idle and low rpm/low load rpm points.

If you did have a FPR it would set your overall fuel pressure and you can just adjust it with hondata where needed.

Understand? it's kinda hard for me to explain this. Wheres Doug when you need him.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock is sufficient if you are controlling the injector pulse width directly with a EMS system. With raising the fuel pressure you can get more power out of the same size injectors, but you can also keep the same fuel pressure and upgrade to larger injectors. I choose to run super large injectors, stock fuel pressure, stock fpr it will work to around the 600whp level with 1000cc injectors. Over 1000cc's pretty much any standalone will have difficulties idling such large injectors, this is when you should run higher fuel pressures so you dont have to go over the 1000cc level.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Smarter than you

< stock fpr

i thought i needed an fpr so i bought one and i ended up blowing the diaphram on the dyno. almost blew the motor on the test drive. w/ that said, i like stock parts.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata/ FPR...thoughts/opinions? (boosted hybrid)

can someone explain how stock fuel pressure works.. in helms it says stock fuel pressure is between 47-54psi - does that mean its not static at all times? does that affect tuning? how does that work?
Old 08-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata/ FPR...thoughts/opinions? (DIRep972)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep972 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt; stock fpr

i thought i needed an fpr so i bought one and i ended up blowing the diaphram on the dyno. almost blew the motor on the test drive. w/ that said, i like stock parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahah I know what you mean. i blew up my F22 that same way
Old 08-27-2003, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata/ FPR...thoughts/opinions? (vtec.dc2)

Stock fuel pressure is usually 38-42psi from what i have measured. I find that certain years gsr and type r have the stock fuel pressure set at 50psi, which makes sense since the factory is trying to make more power out of the same 240cc size injectors.

The static fuel pressure is what you get when you "prime" the fuel pump and fuel rushes into the fuel rail. Under vacuum conditions the fuel pressure will be lower than the static pressure, under wot conditions/non-boost conditions the fuel pressure will be the same as static since there is zero vaccum conditions acting upon the diaphram/sring system in the fpr. When you start adding boost pressure you can observe a 1:1 relationship between fuel pressure and boost pressure. For example if stock fuel pressure is at 38psi, you are running 10psi of boost under this psi level you will be running 48psi fuel pressure. Almost every car on the road today with a pgmfi system will be running a 1:1 fpr, so all cars will behave the same under vacuum/boost conditions.