Notices

Hondata + drilled stock FPR

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hondata + drilled stock FPR

After installing the Walbro 255 hp and drilling my stock FPR, the car seems to have lost power (I have a Greddy kit, btw). So I've decided to get Hondata. I wanted to get the B&M Commandflo because I can't afford AEM's fuel rail+adjustable FPR, and people have been complaining about the diaphragms going bad. I called Hondata for advice, and was told that stock is best. I mentioned that I drilled the stock FPR, to see if this would be a problem and the best answer he could give me was "probably." Knowing this, what would be the best & cost effective thing for me to do? Should I ditch the drilled stock FPR and buy a new one or just get the B&M to allow the tuner to adjust the pressure back to stock levels? I'm sure a Honda FPR isn't cheap. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-31-2002, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata + drilled stock FPR (Evil Beaver)

aem have problems becuase people put in bigger pumps and dont change the orfice to a bigger one to regulate the pressure differences. . . i know this becuase i did the same thing
once i changed that mine works fine , before i was getting diaphram flutter
Old 12-31-2002, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hondata + drilled stock FPR (itr206)

If you're going Hondata, then just get another stock FPR. The drilled one will let out too much fuel back into the system. You risk the chance of needing more pressure and since your RRR will be gone with Hondata you're f***ed. Worse case senario with the stock one back in is that your fuel pressure will be about 5psi or max 7psi more then it was stock with the new pump. In most cases unless you get the high pressure GSS342+ pump you won't get the high pressure high flow one. Most 255lbh pumps are just high flow. So they somewhat maintain the stock pressure...somewhat... If you're pressure is higher then stock, then no big deal with the Hondata, just dial back the injectors and you're cool. And best of all you'll have a lower injector duty cycle also.

Enjoy

BTW, I have the AEM and stuck with the stock BLACK fitting on the regulator and have had no problems. What did you change yours out to? The bronze or silver one?
Old 12-31-2002, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hondata + drilled stock FPR (JRSCCivic98)

buy another stock one, get it from the junk yard.
The aem fpr will bolt up to your stock fuel rail
Old 12-31-2002, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata + drilled stock FPR (JRSCCivic98)

silver one . and if you have the high press 255 wlabro you will have troubles down the line , mine started after like a year of use wit that pump
Old 12-31-2002, 12:39 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

buy another stock one. they cant be expensive.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata + drilled stock FPR (itr206)

Ok, thanks I think I'll get another stock FPR and see how that goes. But you guys are worrying me because I installed a GSS342! I was under the impression that this pump is identical to the GSS317, but flows better at higher pressures. I didn't realize that it will increase pressure more than the GSS317. Here is a quote from the website http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/

"Notice that the only difference between the 'normal' 255 ltr/hr pump and the 'high pressure' 255 ltr/hr pump is the flow above 50 psi of fuel pressure. Unless you are running a high base fuel pressure, or are running some serious boost levels, the normal 255 pump should be enough.

I'm not trying to sell you a giant pump just to get a couple more bucks out of you. But, in my experience, when folks start modifying their vehicles, they never seem to make it fast enough. I'd hate to sell you a pump this month, then have you contact me in six months, telling me that you need more fuel, because you got a bigger turbo or some other go-fast part that is going to need more fuel. The cost difference is small; just consider it a cheap insurance policy. If you get the high-pressure pump, you'll probably only have to get into the fuel tank only once, too."

The second paragraph is what convinced me to get the GSS342.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:48 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the walbro "high pressure" 255L/hr pump and its fine. they say its good up to 110psi i dont have any problems with it. running it with hondata, stock fpr and 550's @ 44psi base fuel pressure. it will be fine dont worry.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata + drilled stock FPR (DIRep972)

Thanks, man. I got this turbo kit to make me happy, but all I do is worry!